Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Default The Last Friday!!

Well here it is at long last, the last work Friday!
I wish it was like Betty's last Friday when she doesn't have to go back - ever! Sadly, I am only off for the summer, but at this point, I'll take it!

Yesterday's Pizza Party went as well as could be expected. It lasted 30 minutes from start to finish, they demolished 6 X-Large pizzas, 4 cases of drinks, 2 boxes of posicles and other assorted snacks, took their handouts and bubble prizes and were gone. Took me another 30 minutes to clean up the mess..

Today I am being sent to the other school where I filled in about a month ago. The teacher there is undergoing surgery again, so I am filling in for 1 day, which will be a nice treat; only 2 kids as opposed to 20!

Meanwhile, I've got to get out of here and off to aquafitness, then to the hospital for a mammogram. Busy Busy Busy!

Happy Friday everybody, and a special shout out to Betty (Happy Retirement!) and to Todd (Get Well Soon!).

donna
Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
HHH here again, but will cool to 80 tomorrow, which is my last Saturday at work until July 14th, unless Bruce's recuperation is ongoing,and I am needed to be home. He thinks he will have been back to work, the week before, but, we'll see.

Went to the movies yesterday, something I hardly ever do. We saw Rock of Ages. Let's say, it wasn't the worst movie I ever saw. While I am not a Tom Cruise fan, but boy, can that man sing!

Both kids are coming today, I better put my referee duds on, or the naughty mats will come out!

Donna, have a great summer, Todd, break out soon!

Make it a good one!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Just over two days until we are off to Barcelona. Betty's first week of retirement has been a busy one with the moving of our son into his new place, spending as much time with the grandkids as possible, and getting ready for the European Extravaganza.

Ryan-Air canceled our Saturday flight from Poland to England and moved us to the Friday night flight. Well, that threw a monkey wrench into the plans and it looks like we may have to spend the night at some hotel near East Midlands Airport because my cousin, a policeman, is on duty from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.. Oh well: I probably could use a night in a hotel after spending nine days with my Mother-In-Law.

Today the installers "should" be here to take out the "old, new floor" and put in the "new, new floor". "Should", is the operative word because yesterday I never received a call from the installers giving me a time. Hopefully they will be here in the next hour or so. If not I will be very pi**ed because I have unhooked the washer, dryer and laundry tub. BTW: The tiles under the wash machine were broken. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well: I have a lot of stuff to do and I better start doing it.

Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Admiral

"The Last Friday" made me read the post. I was afraid Roller Donna knew something I didn't. Happy Friday all - stay cool

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old June 22nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Many celebrations going on here today in fact in about one hour it will official D/H will be retired. He went this morning to hand in his star and other city issued belongings.

The other big news is AEROSMITH is in the house!!! Going with a few friends tonight to see them and I have a great seat at the end of the catwalk.

Have a great day!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Good morning
Many celebrations going on here today in fact in about one hour it will official D/H will be retired. He went this morning to hand in his star and other city issued belongings.

The other big news is AEROSMITH is in the house!!! Going with a few friends tonight to see them and I have a great seat at the end of the catwalk.

Have a great day!
Congratulations on your husband's retirement. Now it's "party" time.

Take care,
Mie

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. It's another hot summer day here. Nothing new about that. Typical day. The kid is at work and the other half has the day off. He'll get paid and go to the grocery store, as usual. I'm getting ready for my niece to come down this evening. Saturday will be girls day out for us with shopping, lunch and a movie. Can't wait.
Congrats to hubby, Robin.

Todd, I'm thinking about you.

Have a good day all.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Default The Last Friday

Good morning. Nice and overcast here in SoCal.

Donna, I hope you have a relaxing and quiet summer with no kids screaming at you!

Mike, that's a happy anticipation awaiting a cruise and a big trip.

Todd, we're all thinking of you.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old June 22nd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Congratulations to all the retirees.

Donna, enjoy your last friday.

Todd, get well soon. You have a lot of people pulling and praying for you.

Mike, your trip is practilly here, so have a lot of fun and stay safe.

Have a nice day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old June 22nd, 2012, 01:35 PM
Admiral

90+ outside today ,thunderstorms are predicted for later.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:06 PM
First Mate

Went in for pre-op yesterday and as usual, got hit with those "surprise" up front fees they don't tell you about over the phone when they make your appointment. Good thing I had the $$ with me because I have have come to expect hospitals to require a certain amount of money up front. I asked that they not do the ordered chest xray because I just had an almost full body CT scan which amounts to over 3 years worth of radiation..It included my lungs and I just had it about 4 weeks ago. They can use those films..Much more accurate than an Xray too!! I simply did not want more exposure to radiation since I have already had my fair share this year/month.

I liked this hospital for their cleanliness and professionalism. I just hope my surgeon is as good!!! They asked A LOT of personal questions however on the pre-op questionnaire. I don't like my privacy invaded. That kinda irked me. Some of it had nothing to do with surgery.

What I did like is that they offer for the Chaplain to visit you before surgery. I opted for that because I think everyone should be offered prayer before surgery. They can always opt out if they don't want it.

Have company coming to town. She's taking me to surgery Tues. Thanks God for friends!!

Mike, you're a good person for sticking it out with your MIL!!

Have a great Friday everyone!! TGIF

CarnivalTriumph
Old June 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone. Seems like there is plenty going on in the crusemates world today. That's good. It also seems like there are quite a few people retiring also. Well count me in too as I retired from my job on May 24th after 35 years 2 months and 2 days. Turned in all my gear and all I have left to do is plan my retirement dinner (the job pays for it). Have a great day all.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Seadog, congrats to you,and enjoy every minute. Snorkl..my hubby did pre op today as well...He goes in on Weds. Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator