Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday Morning!

Morning Mates, it's my favourite day, Saturday and the start of the weekend. Unfortunately, it looks like a cold and rainy one.

I am off to the Ship Hector soon, 9-1 shift with the tourists, then if it's not pouring rain, I will be in the garden pulling weeds all afternoon.
Such excitement!
Speaking of excitement, I could hardly contain myself yesterday afternoon when I spent 3 1/2 hours entertaining 1 (ONE!) kid. I was bored out of my mind, but it sure was nice not to have 20 of them screaming all afternoon.

Todd, did they spring you yet? I sure hope the new procedure worked and that you are on the mend, prayers and good thoughts continue....

donna
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning Donna and all CruiseMates to follow. Raining here too Donna. A tropical disturbance is hanging out in the Gulf. If she develops she will be called Debbie and will probably be a problem for the Tampa area. I hope not but I will be prepared just in case. I have been here for 5 years and so far there have been no hurricanes here. I hope it stays that way. Since today is not a pool day I will stay put in the house and do housework.........Did I really say that??
Have a great day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:01 AM
First Mate

Morning Donna and fellow Cruisemates to follow,

Finallly the humididty has gone, it's going to be a perfect summer day with a high of 25 and sunny.

We're off to Summerfest, they close down the little town next to ours and have a car show(with the original oldies) with the cars parked all along the street, hubby has a 1976 Gremlin and our son has a 1972 Javelin but they didn't have them ready for this show, but I'm sure they'll have them ready for the next one. So in the meantime, me and hubby will go and I'll check out the sidewalk sales and he'll drool over all of the cars( I'll make sure he has some kleenex with him ).

Hope everyone has a good weekend and Todd, I hope you're feeling better and that the procedure helped you, and you're able to be on your way home soon!
Mike, I see you're on your way to Europe soon.....have a great time you and Betty.

Take care everyone!

Gail

Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning
I got my butt kicked last night by Aerosmith and yes folks this is a good thing. Another great concert from the boys from Boston although I must say I can see them starting to show their age some more than others. Gosh I love these guys!!!!!
Much to do today in preparation for D/S party
Have a great day!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a busy day in the Mike M house. Getting the final preparations for the cruise and trip completed. Today is getting the "electronics" ready. Cameras and charger, netbook, phone chargers, etc. I have to "beef up" the netbook since it will my main system while we are gone. I don't like moving all of my email information, links and information folders over to it but I have to. Usually I leave it "bare bones" for travel.

Another distraction are the "floor guys". They didn't make it here until 3:00 p.m. yesterday and just got the old floor removed and the base prepped before they left. They came back at 7:30 a.m. this morning and are now laying the new, more durable, tiles. They assured me they will work until it is done. I'll have about twelve hours to enjoy my new, new floor.

Comet: I had a 1972 Javelin SST for about six months. I bought it used in 1976 and sold it six months later. It was a great looking car but ran terrible. The transmission went after three months and the "vacuum" wipers were a PIA. It would be pouring rain and you had to let your foot off the accelerator before the wipers would speed up to a rate that barely allowed you to see. No mechanics, even the AMC dealer, could figure out the problem. After a harrowing trip from Duluth to Minneapolis I sold it.

I hope everyone has a great day. I better get to work.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default leaving

I am leaving home at 11:30 and try ing to change my flight to 2:10 instead of 3:30 to MIA. The weather is my reason to try to change my flight earlier. Their is storms forming in the Gulf and no telling how it will effect the flights out of MCO. So I try to chatch the earlier flignt.

See you guys 9th July late. so We will see all youse guys on the Breeze.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayb View Post
I am leaving home at 11:30 and try ing to change my flight to 2:10 instead of 3:30 to MIA. The weather is my reason to try to change my flight earlier. Their is storms forming in the Gulf and no telling how it will effect the flights out of MCO. So I try to chatch the earlier flignt.

See you guys 9th July late. so We will see all youse guys on the Breeze.

Bon Voyage Ray, Have a wonderful cruise.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon Mates

It may be raining in Southern Florida but we are in the sunshine here in Palm Coast.

Have a nice weekend folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13