Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Admiral

Default Another distortion of the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Mike,

I am not mad, it is just a matter of how much I can take, in this part of my life.

I am not mad at Henry. He and I do not see eye to eye, and that has been going on since he joined the board. He is anti military, and has said so many times. He knows that my hubby is going on 35 years associated with the finest men and women in the world.

I am very much sad by leaving. When I joined Cruisemates, I had never posted on line before. I needed instant advice about cruising, and got it, and then some. The people here, and those who have come and gone, have become my family.

When Joe was murdered, I got on here to tell my CM friends, before I told my neighbors. That is how much CM meant to me.

Jim has kept his Christmas cards, that the CM family sent to him in Iraq.

Since I joined, he has been deployed 6 times. I could not have gotten through it without so many of you.

But, it is no secret that these last 3 1/2 years have been painful for me. Not only physically, but metally, as well.

So, I wish CM much luck, and all it's members, much happiness.

I have so many great memories of this site, and not even Henry can take those away. No hard feelings!!!

God Bless All

Luanne
1) I am NOT anti-military .I share the same views as my good friend (and LuAnne's) Manuel.

2)I have posted numerous times that 99% of my friends and relatives have served in the military . One of my closest friends is a retired Major .

3) My post about grammar and spelling was NOT directed to LuAnne.

4) A mutual friend of LuAnne and myself gave me her e-mail address and I described to her why I disagreed with her on an issue (having nothing to do with the military).She chose not to reply to me . I choose not to bring this up on the boards .
Old July 4th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Admiral

Now Luanne, listen up! You are not going anywhere--
Don't be irritated by a few posts that gets under your skin.
It doesn't matter in the long run !
Post what and when you want, read the intellectual duels between the more intelligent, read the posts about where all a few have been, who all they have consorted with, etc and read it with a smile and
enjoy it-- It's fun if you look at it in the right way.
Now forget about leaving cruise mates ! OK??
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Talking Shoot Crap Down The Chute?

Quote:
And I take issue with your last statement "Crap Chute." It is most always referred to, by English literates, as a Crap Shoot. This may well serve as a perfect example of from whence I speak.
Now this one I love. Shooting craps is in itself a rather exciting picture, conjuring up guys on their knees in a back alley throwing piles of money on the ground. So to call something a crap shoot with the implication that it is an unpredictable gamble is a common idiom.

But, now, on the other hand, a chute is something down which large quantities of something are shoveled. The images conjured up by a "Crap Chute" are absolutely wonderful and a very apt description of many of life's activities!! I love it!!

AND how far off topic has THIS thread now wandered, only to come full circle back to the OP in this delightful fashion!

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Talking Compliment??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
read the intellectual duels between the more intelligent,
OOOOH. I do believe ... could it be ... perhaps ... is he actually referring to me??

NAW, probably not. Shouldn't take things personally ...

Old July 4th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Chafkin1 View Post
Every week on my ship I am required to read all the comment cards completed by passengers.
Fully one-third of them are illegible - every week.

I pass them around the table to my department heads, each one trying to decipher the writing and grammar. In most cases we are unable to determine the message.

In the end, they go into the trash bin.
It's a shame that so many people spend part of their hard-earned vacation time writing (hopefully) constructive feedback that cannot be understood.
This does not suprise me, but I am disapointed in this comment.
When I fill out a feedback card I like to be very thoughtfull.
I make sure to point out, by name, who made my trip special. ( I tip too)
I am very clear about what I like and very clear about how I think things can be improved. I try not to *****... it comes across badly.
It would seem to me, if you like to cruise this is your opportunity to mold the cruise experience.

I do not let my wife fill out the feedback cards. It would look like a prescription.
Old July 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
First Mate

I want everyone who posted to this thread to diagram their sentences!!! . I am just teasing, folks. Lighten up, please.
Old July 6th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Talking Diagramming sentences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haimia View Post
I want everyone who posted to this thread to diagram their sentences!!! . I am just teasing, folks. Lighten up, please.
OOOH, I love diagramming sentences.

Can it be done in ASCII? I wonder

I | want |everyone
...........|.. \ who | posted
...........|...............\ to
...........|................\thread
...........|......................\ this
...........|
...........to
...........|
........... diagram | sentences
......................\their

Whew ... it is getting complicated. Guess how long this took me? I can't wait to see how this shows up ...

Old July 6th, 2012, 08:32 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haimia View Post
Yeah Haimia! "Heer heer"!

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski