Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Default Sunny Saturday

Morning Mates, the weekend is here, but it's felt like the weekend all week to me - I'm loving this being "retired" for the summer!

I had the most amazing afternoon yesterday. I took part in a local artists' creation called
"W(here)" It is designed to showcase local artists (painters, storytellers, musicians) and at the same time, explore off the beaten path places that most residents have never seen.
We were hosted by 2 well known local authors, and our walk took us along the Trans Canada Trail, formerly a railway line, and across the Old Iron Bridge in River John NS. Author Linda Little read excerpts from her novel "Scotch River" based in that very area, and author Sheree Fitch of "Mabel Murple" fame, read from her new childrens' book, and then hosted all 25 people for tea in her beautiful home overlooking River John! It was a truly magical afternoon, and has inspired me to try writing as a new hobby!

Today will be no less busy.... I'm selling raffle tickets at the supermarket this morning for the Hector Quay, then I will be doing the afternoon shift at the Quay. Tonight is another local musician's concert at the pub. There is sure no lack of things to do in Pictou!

donna
Old June 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Admiral

It is going to reach 100 degrees here today . We are going to the beach resort near us this evening to meet friends for dinner .
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I've walked the dog and watered the flowers this morning. I'll clean the kitchen in a while and that will be it before I hit the Kindle today. I have the house to myself. It's too hot to get out and do anything. It was yesterday, too, but I did, anyway. Had to make a run to Target and do a few other errands. Stopped at a roadside market and got a couple of cantaloupes and a watermelon. I hope the sick feel better and I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old June 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Default Sunny Saturday

Good morning. The sun is shining and the bay looks smooth as glass. Lots of runners but no sail boats right now.

We're headed out for some breakfast, then to the Natural History Museum for a Titanic exhibit.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Good morning from the Arizona desert where we are expecting 113 degrees here this afternoon. We just got back from picking up Oscar the 17 year old Shih Tzu from the beauty shop and he looks quite snazzy!

I need to take the car to the car wash this afteroon. Right next to where I park my car at work, the landscapers broke off a sprinkler head on Thursday and I came out after work to find my car covered in baked-on mineral spots, including on my brand new windshield. I am having a lot of trouble getting all the spots off and we are going to Flagstaff tomorrow to see my mom, so I need to be able to see!

I love my Arizona Diamonbacks baseball team, win or lose, and I was just astounded last night when Aaron Hill hit for the cycle for the SECOND TIME in 11 DAYS! It's been more than 80 years since a player hit for the cycle twice in the same season, and Hill did it twice within 11 days!

Well, I'd better get busy doing a few things around the house. Have a great day, Cruise Mates,
Old June 30th, 2012, 04:45 PM
First Mate

Good Afternoon Cruisemates!!

Well, all is well today in south Texas..despite our unrelenting heat. The new neighbor next door is apparently completely renovating his new home next door and I for one, am thrilled! That home next door was once grand and it was let go. Looks like he is busy fixing it back up again. They have been working non stop on it for the past 2 weeks.

Tape from my stitches came off yesterday and everything is looking good. I'm getting around a little better today so I think I'll start helping to pack for my Dallas trip (just very very light items). I see my surgeon for a follow up on Monday.

Moiraine: on my way home from the hospital...I soooo wanted to stop by my farmers market to get some cantaloupes and watermelon. He was right on the way home too..I just couldn't manage the stop. lol Hope you are enjoying your juicy fruits!!

CarnivalTriumph
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon Mates.

I just want to wish you all a nice weekend.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Admiral

Snorklr, I'm sorry you were not able to stop. The stuff is nice and sweet.
Old July 1st, 2012, 03:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Bruce just reveived an Edible fruit arrangement..I can help a gal out He also got a cookie basket!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator