Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, my name is Martin and I am an addict..

Oh, um yeh that another group
I started cruising on Carnival out of NOLA either in 2000 or 2001.
Been cruising Disney since..
My next cruise is in just over 1 year.

If I can swing the bucks, we'll slip in another mexico cruise before then
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:28 PM
Familiar Face

Hi everyone! My name is Harold and I admit it I love cruising. I live in Mulberry FL. It's a small town between Orlando and Tampa. Luckily for me that makes it easy for me to leave out of Tampa or Port Canaveral.

I am not very computer literate and my spelling is bad sometimes, so I want to apologize for that now.

Thanks for having this website, it's one of the best cruising ones I've found in a long time.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy 4th! Please stay hydrated, my wife overheated yesterday playing tennis and passed out and almost went to the hospital. She drank water the whole day before she played, this heat is just dangerous right now, so be safe and have fun!
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Hello Newbies. Welcome! My name is Jennifer and I live in the Arizona desert. I love cruising, hence the screen name dezertcruzer. I first found Cruise Mates in 2000 when my husband and I were planning a cruise on the brand new RCI Voyager of the Seas. I got a lot of good cruising information from this site. However, I didn't even know what a message board was and it wasn't until months later that I found the chit chat board and began posting and getting to know the CM regulars. We went on the first Cruise Mates' Let's Get Lei'd cruise in 2002 and met a bunch of wonderful people and made friendships which continue to this day.

My husband, Jose, is from Costa Rica and I met him on my very first cruise aboard the Carnival Fascination in 1995. We were married in 1997 in Costa Rica and currently reside in the Arizona desert. We have a little house in Costa Rica where we'll probably eventually retire.

It's nice to get to know all of you like this!
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertcruzer View Post
Hello Newbies. Welcome! My name is Jennifer and I live in the Arizona desert. I love cruising, hence the screen name dezertcruzer. I first found Cruise Mates in 2000 when my husband and I were planning a cruise on the brand new RCI Voyager of the Seas. I got a lot of good cruising information from this site. However, I didn't even know what a message board was and it wasn't until months later that I found the chit chat board and began posting and getting to know the CM regulars. We went on the first Cruise Mates' Let's Get Lei'd cruise in 2002 and met a bunch of wonderful people and made friendships which continue to this day.

My husband, Jose, is from Costa Rica and I met him on my very first cruise aboard the Carnival Fascination in 1995. We were married in 1997 in Costa Rica and currently reside in the Arizona desert. We have a little house in Costa Rica where we'll probably eventually retire.

It's nice to get to know all of you like this!

Jennifer I live in Peoria. There is an Arizona cruisers subject under friends of cruise critic. You might want to check that out.
Old July 4th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I Live in Phoenix in the Biltmore area myself.
Old July 5th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

All us Zonies ought to get together for dinner or something.
Old July 7th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Familiar Face

Howdy folks from San Antonio. Sold my house in '08 and decided to use some of the money to take care of one item on my bucket list. Booked the Carnival Conquest and was on the first sailing (for the Conquest) out of the Bayport terminal after Ike. I was hooked! Taking my 10th cruise in September on the Conquest.

I've been on the Conquest, Fantasy, Ecstasy, Dream and Magic. Love them all, but the Magic has now taken it's place as my favorite.

And yes, I am a Crazie and darn proud of it!
Old July 7th, 2012, 04:16 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda
Smile Big Red Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Like Trip, I've been here almost from the first day, and am here too mainly for my love of cruising, talking about them, etc....My first was on the Big Red Boat, if anyone remembers those ships, but that is all it took....

A big welcome to all our new posters, glad to see you on the boards, feel free to ask any questions you may have and by all means dig in and post your extensive cruise expierence, we all love hearing cruise stories.
Donna you've brought back great memories for me! My first cruise was also on the Big Red Boat. Think it was around the early to mid 90s. There were two of them weren't there? Can't remember which one I was on, but, like you that was all it took - I'm a cruiser forever!

Old July 7th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

CZ, well I'll be darn....how great to see your name here again! do you have a cruise planned?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 7th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Like Trip, I've been here almost from the first day, and am here too mainly for my love of cruising, talking about them, etc....My first was on the Big Red Boat, if anyone remembers those ships, but that is all it took....

A big welcome to all our new posters, glad to see you on the boards, feel free to ask any questions you may have and by all means dig in and post your extensive cruise expierence, we all love hearing cruise stories.
Big Red Boat was my first cruise. They were Disney boats. 4 days at sea and 3 days at Disney Orlando branch!!
Old July 7th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I was in the Bahamas, shortly after they padlocked the Big Red Boat,and sent the passengers and crew packing...It was a sad sight;(

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 7th, 2012, 05:35 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda

Hi Trip! It's good to be back! Yes, I do have one planned. Going on the Carnival Miracle 9/27. How about you? Anything doing?

Old July 8th, 2012, 03:39 AM
First Mate

I am a little late to this thread, but that fits me well!!

I'm Krista! I am happily married with 2 kids (3 and 5) and a love of cruising! I started when I was 13 with my dad, and have been on several since. Not too bad for being a youngster! My husband and I would are going to try for one a year going forward, so wish us luck!! Our next is coming up (62 days!) to Alaska and we are VERY excited!

We are both Arizona Native and have lived around the Valley, but call Surprise our home!

I mainly read posts here during the night (while working graveyard), but try to comment when something peaks my interest or hasn't gone too off topic yet! I'm glad to see so many new people here!!

Welcome!!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old July 8th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Firstly, let me welcome all our "New CruiseMates," some brand new, and, some who have lovingly lurked for a while, and, decided to jump into our pool!

Secondly, why not introduce yourlselves...just a blurb, or a novel, so we can say howdy & welcome you all into the fold.

My name is Linda, aka Trip,and I live southwest of Boston. I swear I have no accent, but have been told differently. I've been a CruiseMate, since day one,and, I can say without a doubt, the friendliest cruise board around.
thanks for the welcome.

my name is Alex and we live in South Florida(actually Jupiter, FL). I've been cruising since the mid 80s. Wife has been Cruising since 2004. We Love Cruising! Our next cruise is in October and can not wait to check out the Liberty 2.0 upgrades...
10/19/09-Miracle-EXOTIC S. CARIBBEAN+8
04/18/09-Fantasy-WESTERN CARIBBEAN+5
01/24/09-Splendor-EXOTIC E. CARIBBEAN+7
12/14/08-Valor-EASTERN CARIBBEAN+7
08/30/08-Liberty-WESTERN CARIBBEAN+7
02/19/08-Miracle-EXOTIC W. CARIBBEAN+8
09/08/07-Triumph-EXOTIC EASTERN CARIB+7
11/09/05-Legend-EXOTIC S. CARIBBEAN+8
NCL SKY 2009
Enchantment of the Seas 2004
Seabreeze - 1996, 1994,1991,1990
Old July 8th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDGodwin View Post
I am a little late to this thread, but that fits me well!!

I'm Krista! I am happily married with 2 kids (3 and 5) and a love of cruising! I started when I was 13 with my dad, and have been on several since. Not too bad for being a youngster! My husband and I would are going to try for one a year going forward, so wish us luck!! Our next is coming up (62 days!) to Alaska and we are VERY excited!

We are both Arizona Native and have lived around the Valley, but call Surprise our home!

I mainly read posts here during the night (while working graveyard), but try to comment when something peaks my interest or hasn't gone too off topic yet! I'm glad to see so many new people here!!

Welcome!!
Greetings Kristal I live in Peoria. On the Other site (cc) there is a title friends of cc and then you will find Arizona Cruisers group. I would like to suggest that you visit that sight.
Old July 8th, 2012, 09:00 AM
First Mate

I just might! I am K-Dogg over there. lol.

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDGodwin View Post
I just might! I am K-Dogg over there. lol.

Good to see you posting on the Arizona cruising group.
Old July 9th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Familiar Face

Smile

Hello to all who read this. My name is Marqueta and I am from Blanchard, OK. I have been married for 30+ years to the same sweet guy and I have two grown children. A son 29 who is still trying to finish college and do something with his life and my daughter 25 who spent 7 years in college to become a Veterinarian and has been working for a year already. We started Cruising in 2001 and have gone every other year since then. We love to cruise and it is the only way to vacation. I truly get rested when I am on the ship. In March, I went on my first bloggers cruise and the first cruise without my family. I hooked up with a group called the Crazies and they are an awesome group of people that have become my family too. I am booked for January on BC6 on the Carnival Breeze. I am so looking forward to seeing the new ship.

TTFN

Ms. Obug