Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Admiral

Default Patriotic songs

What are your favorites ? I am currently watching the celebration from Washington DC on my local PBS station .I love all the songs .
Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:17 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

For hearing a choir sing it ...."battlehymn of the republic"
For the instruments ......"1812 overture"
Number 1 overall...... "national anthem", a proper performance still brings tears to my eyes

And there is a little known movie called "team america: world police" it has a song called "america, **** yeah" and if you can get past the vulgar lyrics, its actually a good song.

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Admiral

To hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing Battle Hymn Of The Republic is something truly majestic.
Old July 5th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Battle Hymn of the Republic with full orchestra is one of my faves. Another is God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood. Stars and Stripes Forever is a personal favorite as I got to play the piccolo part in the second and third refrains of the final verse my senior year in high school....and it is not as hard as it sounds!
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Admiral

I, of course, LOVE our National Anthem when sung STRAIGHT, without all the flourishes, and falsetto that so many of todays singers seem to think it requires. I also LOVE "God Bless the U.S.A.", but absolutely can't sing it, because I get chocked up. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I were sailing the week after 9/11, and the entertainer aboard, (Mark Preston) sang "God Bless the U.S.A." on that cruise. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. It was absolutely beautiful, and I'll never forget that performance. Mark was, is, and will always be one of my favorite singers.

"SKY"
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Sky, I was on the Carnival Liberty in 2010 and boarded on Sept 10th. Formal night production was the one about the cities of the world, I am sure you have seen it. Of course it ended with the USA. Everyone stood and cheered for that. Not a dry eye that evening either. Considering the date it was so apropriate. I was also pleased to see a huge American Flag hanging in the atrium as I boarded.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain