Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Banned
Captain

Default Had to leave..

Have to leave work today.

The last week or so I've been having some pain in my lower right moler...my wife was thinking it was my sinus considering this has happened in the past. I told her it is more intense then anything prior. However I put it off hoping it would clear up like in the past.

While eating breakast this morning at my business I felt a sharp edge on my tooth that I have been having problems with. I looked down and saw that half my tooth was in the bowl of cereal...OH OHH .

Just got in contact with my dentist who will be able to see me in a few hours..This is going to be a root canal IMHO...OUCH..Well at least I have dental insurance.

Not looking forward to this (then again who would)
I already know the procedure...inject huge amount of Novacane...drill out old filling...another injection into tooth...take out nerve....drill a few canals....insert long metal pins....fill with temp...wait 3 weeks for tooth to heal...back to dentist...take out temp....insert posts...get crown impression....make a mold...come back a few weeks later...put on crown.

Lucky that I will have someone to watch the business while I am gone for about 2 hours today.
Why do I keep thinking about that movie Dr Giggles ...
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sounds like a nice unpleasant way to spend your day.

Take a motrin now
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Default Buttons

I hope you are not in too much pain .
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have a tooth that has been giving me trouble for at last 3 yrs. Well finally the pain is getting worse so since I have had a root canal I now will have the tooth extracted next Wednesday.
Old July 12th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Banned
Captain

Root Canal done...OMG...injected 6 times...started to drill and I hit the roof...more injections... After he drilled out the old filling he told me he needed to inject the Novacane into my tooth, and again I hit the roof...pain was finally gone and he completed the root canal.

I have another appointment on Aug 11th to do impression of crown and add posts...Well at least the pain is over with.
Old July 12th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsrobb View Post
I have a tooth that has been giving me trouble for at last 3 yrs. Well finally the pain is getting worse so since I have had a root canal I now will have the tooth extracted next Wednesday.
How can your tooth give you pain ?..after a root canal their is no nerve...unless the crown shifted on you or there is something wrong in your gum. Your tooth has no nerve which means it cannot give you pain...I am confused on that one.
Old July 12th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

So sorry to hear about the tooth, it is actually not that bad, worst part is having to keep your mouth open for about an hour, but not too much pain....Check in when you get home....

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
How can your tooth give you pain ?..after a root canal their is no nerve...unless the crown shifted on you or there is something wrong in your gum. Your tooth has no nerve which means it cannot give you pain...I am confused on that one.
I have no idea. I do have some pain and also when Im eat something cold the tooth hurts. I do not remember getting a root canal but the x-rays show that I did. Just releying on dentist.
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsrobb View Post
I have no idea. I do have some pain and also when Im eat something cold the tooth hurts. I do not remember getting a root canal but the x-rays show that I did. Just releying on dentist.
Get a second opinion, something does'nt sound right.
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
So sorry to hear about the tooth, it is actually not that bad, worst part is having to keep your mouth open for about an hour, but not too much pain....Check in when you get home....
Thank you Donna...The dentist gave me Tylenol with codiene, He said that my jaw bone would give me pain for a day or so...I took one after the Novacane wore off...no pain since...it's not too bad now...the worst is over.