Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Admiral

Default ...And It's Friday! (the 13th!)

Morning Mates, hope this is not an unlucky day for any of you...
I am off early this morning for Halifax for a weekend conference for work (YMCA). "Play to Learn" is the motto, or theme, should be fun!
Since I don't have a laptop or any access to a computer while there I'll be offline till Monday.
Hope I can survive the withdrawl!

I don't know if any of you are familiar with any of our Canadian politicians, but yesterday I had my photo taken with Defence Minister Peter MacKay.

The CTV news network was doing an on location shoot in a nearby town, featuring Pictou County as a tourist destination, so they trotted out all the local talent and politicians.

Well, I'd better get some breakfast and get out of here, busy weekend ahead! Have a good one! (especially you Todd, hope you are feeling better).

donna
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
So gorgeous here you, you can't help but smile! Tomorrow it gets humid again. Hard to believe it's the middle of July already.

My kids are back from camping so I see Lucy today,and Aiden for an hour...They had a great time,although, if there is no mint on my hotel pillow, I consider that camping lol....

I selected some carpeting yesterday, so, my , computer room, back to a bedroom, will be going in full force. SIL will paint shortly, so that's good.

Donna have fun on your mini getaway...Hope Mike & Betty are having a ball! Todd, feel better.

Make it a good one

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 13th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Friday the 13 has always been a lucky day for me . #13 has been a lucky # .I had it on my uniforms when playing basketball and baseball.
Old July 13th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Captain

Hello mates. I have not been around for awhile so since I remembered to bring my laptop with me today thought I'd check in. As I've said in the past my Mom has had some issues and we had moved her to a nursing/rehab facility. She was doing great, walking much more and so much better. She even seemed to be liking it or all the attention. Well on Weds. they called me to say she had fallen. I met them at the ER and it was pretty apparent that her hip was broken. After xrays and all that stuff it was confirmed. The left hip had the ball broken off but the socket area was fine. Surgery was done at 11:30 PM that night. I am thankful that the Dr. on call was my favorite one and he did the surgery. Everything went fine, she was moved to a room and was out of it due to the pain meds. Well it is now Friday morning and she is still pretty much out of it. They are saying that at her age it sometimes takes much longer for them to come out of it plus the pain meds do keep her out. Breaking a hip was one of her biggest fears and my sisters and I are worried that this may be more than she can take. This is the 2nd fall in a month so at 84 and not in the best health I am concerned for her. I have became good friends with many of the nurses here since we seem to be here more than at home. I did go home last night and crashed, slept like a rock, but woke early to come back. Just glad I thought about the laptop to help pass the time.
Todd, I will try and read some older posts to see whats going on with you but Please get better if you are down.
I also want to catch up on the Breeze cruise, I know it's over but I'm way behind in reading the updates. Hope they all had a good time.

Everyone take care and please add my Mom and family to your prayer list if you would.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 13th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I sure hope your Mom comes back, asap from this injury...xo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 13th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Default And It's Friday! (The 13th)

Good morning. All anyone can talk about here is the weather. What is normal to midwesterners and easterners is quite unusual for us. Very hot and humid. One more day of this and then it's supposed to be dryer and cooler. Cooler meaning in the 90's. It's raining lightly and if the cloud cover stays a while, should keep the temp down.

I, too, hope Todd is feeling better.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old July 13th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Susie, I hope your Mom starts getting better soon.

Todd, please do whatever the doctors tell you and let others help with housekeeping and lawn maintenance. We want you around for a long time.

Here is Fl we are having our normal summer weather so really can't complain.

Hope all have a great day.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014
Old July 13th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning folks

Got a little rain this morning. This is a good thing as I can open the doors and not run the a/c

Todd Hope you are doing okay today.

Robb
Old July 13th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon Mates

RD, you look super in that photo. I'm sure that Peter MacKay was thrilled to take a picture with you.

Friday the 13th. is no big deal for me, i never had any bad luck associated with the number 13.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015