Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Default Predatory Media--Epic Fail

I think that the comic dust-up between an unnamed representative of a conservative blog and Pulitzer prize-winning columnist Connie Schultz is a classic example of muckraking run amok--something we're seeing routinely now, and to the detriment of our nation.

For the few who may not have seen the story, Ms. Schultz received the following e-mail the other day:

Dear Ms. Schulz (sic):

We are doing an expose on journalists in the elite media who socialize with elected officials they are assigned to cover. We have found numerous photos of you with Sen. Sherrod Brown. In one of them, you appear to be hugging him.

Care to comment?

Uh-oh. Sure looks like this sharp-eyed reporter had the lady dead to rights, doesn't it? But wait! Ms. Schultz responded the next day:

Dear Mr. [Name Deleted]:

I am surprised you did not find a photo of me kissing U.S. Sen Sherrod Brown so hard he passes out from lack of oxygen. He's really cute.

He's also my husband.

You know that, right?

Connie Schultz

Ms. Schultz said she decided not to "out" the "reporter" because she had a hunch it was an intern. "You know us liberal moms," she said. "I want to give him a chance to learn the right lessons from this, which isn't going to happen if I out him.

A gracious lady. Obviously a simple Google search would have instantly provided the truth to anybody who bothered to look. Just as Mr. Limbaugh could have checked to see when the source material for the new Batman movie was written, which as it turns out was more than a decade ago. Back then the villain was named "Bane." But instead of checking, Limbaugh shot from the hip and cooked up a liberal plot which he said was aimed at slamming Romney. Bane/Bain, get it? What's more, if he had ever bothered to go to school he'd know that "bane" is a perfectly good English word roughly meaning death, destruction, ruin. So the villain's name is literally a play on that word, and anybody with half a brain knows that.

But never mind all that. In the parallel universe of today's media, truth is whatever anybody says it is.

Last edited by AR; July 19th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Captain

Im sure we will be seeing quite a few more of these before "tha campainins dun"....