Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2012, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Saturday July 21 update on Todd

Not much to details today. Todd is doing fine. They have started Exercize theraphy today. He went out for a Smoke also. He wonts to go home.

He said he had someone to take care of his at home duties, pay bills and taking care of pets etc.

I will talk to him tomorrow Sunday.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2012, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Thanks Ray, I do apreciate your efforts to keep us informed. Prayers continue from here.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 21st, 2012, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I think the hardest part will be Todd's desire to go home, perhaps before he is ready,as we have seen before, and, I hope the drs & nurses,will strap him down

I can only hope & pray his body will get stonger day by day.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 21st, 2012, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I agree, as much as he hates it and wants to be home, he needs to heal and get strong again, just going to take some time....Good thoughts and get better wishes comming Todd's way.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM
Admiral

Ray, thanks for the update. I have to agree with the others that Todd needs to stay as long as the doctors/nurses and therapists say.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:48 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

As you are already stating, Todd is already chomping at the bit to go home. I hope his niece puts her foot down and makes him go through the rehab. I see this all the time, patients think they are better and want to go home, even though you as the nurse, doctor, etc.. can see they are not ready to go. You have to have a family that is supportive of both the patient AND the health care/rehab team. All any of us wants is for our patient to get better and go home safely! And Ray, if you talk to Todd, tell him I said to behave himself and cooperate with therapy. Things are covered at home....all he needs to do is concentrate on getting stronger and healthier.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
As you are already stating, Todd is already chomping at the bit to go home. I hope his niece puts her foot down and makes him go through the rehab. I see this all the time, patients think they are better and want to go home, even though you as the nurse, doctor, etc.. can see they are not ready to go. You have to have a family that is supportive of both the patient AND the health care/rehab team. All any of us wants is for our patient to get better and go home safely! And Ray, if you talk to Todd, tell him I said to behave himself and cooperate with therapy. Things are covered at home....all he needs to do is concentrate on getting stronger and healthier.
As a former nurse at a rehab center, the statement of wanting to go home is a classic (even during the admission process).