Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old July 25th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
I'm not as think as you stoned I am
Very few will get this!

I have a tee shirt with this saying
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,737
Default

I might need such a T shirt to wear on my next cruise.

TM
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Marsdude's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
1 - Anyone ever think how much bloodshed is spilled by law enforcement officers battleing Pot....everytime you smoke it, you are in one way or another contributing to the bloodshed.

2- Do you really think pot will stop the pain of a cancer ravaged patient...come on....Pot is not a pain killer, it is a mind altering drug...There are drugs that are legal and administered by professionals for people stricken with cancer...
I live in Colorado and I have a medical marijuana card. I use pot nearly everyday. It really helps me to continue to work my job and live a normal life. Honestly, I use it for my pain, but I also use it for recreational, like most people do with alcohol, and see no problem with that.

I have see your posts on many forums and you seem like a nice person and if I met you on a cruise I am sure I would enjoy your company. However, honestly, you do not have your facts straight on MJ.

Your first point, when MJ is legal, like in our state, the production of the MJ is heavily regulated. They actually have cameras recording the grow from beginning to end. Criminal elements have tried to cash in on this but they have been found out because of how tightly this is all regulated.

Prohibition is an example of why making a substance that a large group of people desire to use illegal is really a bad idea. That substance, will always be made available illegally. This is why many law enforcement organizations are in favor of some type of legalization and regulation.

Your second point is just wrong. There have been many studies done about this and many peoples attitudes about this drug have been changed when they or a family member has gotten cancer and then used MJ to help with the pain. There are many documented cases of people using a pure oil made from MJ to treat their cancer with success. These are interesting, but to confirm those results we need scientific studies.

MJ has many active chemicals. It has become known that one of these CBC is really helpful in pain relief. Some of the edible MJ companies here in CO are producing products with no THC (the substance in pot that makes people feel high) but high in CBCs. These are actually legal to sell to the public and can be used for pain relief.

Here is a link to a great site to ferret out info. This link is to the various studies that have been done on pot:

103 Peer-Reviewed Studies on Marijuana - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

If you wade through all of these studies they show that it has been proven over and over again that pot relieves pain. Some of the human studies are showing that a small percentage of adolescents can have negative side effects from MJ. This is really unproven as every study that seems to indicate this has another study that disproves it. IMHO, MJ needs to be regulated, like alcohol, to help keep it out of kids hands.

In summary, I know pot relieves pain as it certainly helps with mine. Is it bad for you? The jury is out. Common sense would say that smoking anything is bad for the lungs, however there have been studies with moderate pot smokers that indicate over a 20 year period pot smoking did not adversely effect their lungs. It is known without a doubt at this time, that alcohol is MUCH worse for the health than pot, especially if the MJ is consumed in an edible form.


Which segways me to this -

I know from one of the MJ forums that there are many cruisers who use pot on board. They are not smoking it however, they bring edibles on board and use those. This is very easy to do and there is no problems with security or bothering other people with smoke.

Sorry for the long post, however I am a 60 year old man who has a position of responsibility. I am active in my community and I try to be a good citizen. I also use pot and occasionally have a beer or two. I have studied about MJ before I became a legal user. I know the history of why this drug that was used so widely in the world in the past, became illegal and feared.

The reason that so many people want to see it legal is finally the truth is coming out about this helpful plant. It's not perfect but it can treat a lot of aliments with NO side effects, except being a little high. I can use the MJ in the evening and the pain relief seems to last into the next day.

There are two reason that MJ is not legal today.

1. Ignorance of the facts.
2. Political "football"
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Aerogirl's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A little south of insanity
Posts: 4,083
Default

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time we would have world peace!
__________________
You can shake the sand from you shoes but it will never leave your soul

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~


Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:51 PM
green_rd's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indianapolis (USA)
Posts: 5,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time we would have world peace!
No, someone would get ticked off because someone else bogarted all the Doritos
__________________
Bob

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd View Post
No, someone would get ticked off because someone else bogarted all the Doritos
But they would be unable to do a thing about it because they would have to get off the couch.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old July 26th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Posts: 4,524
Default

I agree with Buttons. I am not a physician but having spent 27 years in law enforcement here are two facts all should consider.

Pot smoking does not mean the user will incur a severe drug habit, HOWEVER, the overwhelming number of hard drug users started by smoking marijuana.

Secondly, we have far more than our share of intoxicated individuals who drive all the time. Legalizing pot would only add to that number exponentially.
__________________
Todd
_______________
NCL Epic 2012, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old July 26th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 203
Default

Let me understand your logic.
If pot were legalized, people that do not drive under the influence now are suddenly going to drive under the influence.

So they are law abiding in they wouldn't use weed because it is illegal but they would drive under the influence when that clearly is not legal?

I'm I getting that strait?
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Aerogirl's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A little south of insanity
Posts: 4,083
Default

Ok I guilty of it myself but we need to stay on topic and that is "Smoking Pot on a Cruise"

If not the mods will lock the thread.
__________________
You can shake the sand from you shoes but it will never leave your soul

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~


Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old July 27th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
Your first point is a good arguement for legalizing pot.Just think how much money is spent on the war agaisnt pot and how many people are crowding are overfull prisons for pot related crimes! Now if it was legal there would be no need to have a so called war on pot or blood shed I also wonder how much money a tax on pot would raise? As far as your secound point you have no idea what makes some people feel better or not .Are you a cancer ravaged patient? I would think until you are in that situation you have no idea.It just seems odd to me that some people are so against pot and yet they partake in the comsumption of alcohol,I know alcohol is legal and pot isnt yet,But why are people so concerned with what the other person is doing if someone wants to smoke a little weed once in a while I could really care less. By the way I do not smoke anything any more back in the day now that was a diffrent story but that all came to a quick end when my wife told me she was pregenant with are first child.
Today Feds made biggest designer drug bust in USA

Buttons is right about the cost of the drugs. When a pound of pot sells for $4000 a pound there are a lot of people ready to kill to make this kind of money in a lousy economy. It's not only the druggies who are killing each other and cops. People are being shot in US national forests where drug farmers are raising their pot. The sad thing is that the payoffs can be so big that it entices the law enforcement to get a piece of the pie. It also is sad because casual users don't really care about how they are paying for this violence and they don't care about their health and the costs to the health system. Of course now we have national medical care so they don't have too worry about their care and possibly even their supplier of pot.

You know the thing about smoking pot or even cigarettes on cruise ships is that secondary smoke affects others as others on this thread have pointed out. Unlike alchohol, the smoke effect can be on the smoker and anybody around that person. On cruises when I passed these smoking sections, I have noticed the stench emanating from the smoke and this meant that my lungs were being impregnated by the carcinogens. As a side note, I have met with older men who are on oxygen tanks because of lung problems and they say if they had only known when they were young what they do today they wouldn't have lit up a cigarette. The ever-increasing cost of tobacco products and increasing rate of mortality among cigarette smokers will eventually clear up this problem.

The new threat is that people who will not be smoking pot on cruise ships will be using designer drugs. For those who do not know - a designer drug is created by changing the properties of a drug that comes from a plant—such as cocaine, morphine, or marijuana—using the tools of chemistry. The resulting “designer” drugs typically have a new, different effect on the brain or behavior.

Since many designer drugs are created in illegal labs, their ingredients and potency (how strong they are) vary a lot, making it nearly impossible to know what is actually in them or what they can do to you. For example, Ecstasy tablets are often contaminated with other things, like ephedrine (used to treat allergies and asthma), ketamine (an injected anesthetic given for minor surgeries), and methamphetamine (another illicit drug). It is not surprising that these unknown mixtures can cause dangerous side effects, such as seizures, memory loss, coma and even death.

The Fed raid today was in the USA I wonder if any raids were made on cruise ships.
Reply With Quote
  #41 (permalink)  
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Marsdude's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnipotent View Post
Buttons is right about the cost of the drugs. When a pound of pot sells for $4000 a pound there are a lot of people ready to kill to make this kind of money in a lousy economy. It's not only the druggies who are killing each other and cops. People are being shot in US national forests where drug farmers are raising their pot. The sad thing is that the payoffs can be so big that it entices the law enforcement to get a piece of the pie. It also is sad because casual users don't really care about how they are paying for this violence and they don't care about their health and the costs to the health system. Of course now we have national medical care so they don't have too worry about their care and possibly even their supplier of pot.
A really great argument for making pot legal.

Sorry, but your incorrect about pot being bad for your health. Studies say the exact opposite.
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Posts: 4,524
Default

Big Mac,

That is not "my" logic. It is a proven fact, matter of fact it's straight fact.

Other than those reasons, as far as I'm concerned people can make just as much a jackass out of themselves with smoking pot as they can with alcohol abuse.

As regards mind altering experiences, there are many ways to accomplish that. Being stoned on pot and pulling a firearm on a law enforcement officer is but one way of achieving that result.
__________________
Todd
_______________
NCL Epic 2012, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by ToddDH; July 27th, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old July 27th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 687
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Big Mac,

That is not "my" logic. It is a proven fact, matter of fact it's straight fact.

Other than those reasons, as far as I'm concerned people can make just as much a jackass out of themselves with smoking pot as they can with alcohol abuse.

As regards mind altering experiences, there are many ways to accomplish that. Being stoned on pot and pulling a firearm on a law enforcement officer is but one way of achieving that result.
I dont see what the conection between smoking pot and pulling a gun on law enforcement is?I couldnt imagine just because you smoke some pot that it would make you pull a gun on anyone.And I couldnt imagine if pot was legalized that there would all of a sudden be a huge increase in people driving stone.If you really think about it that doesnt make any sence,It seems to me a lot of the arguments against leaglizeinng pot are really good arguments for legalizing it.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old July 27th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Posts: 4,524
Default

Pray tell what is the difference between being drunk or high on pot and pulling a gun on a law enforcement officer? I was a law enforcement officer and I can tell you, whether or not you wish to accept it, that it happens every day.

Now, based on the facts that legalizing pot would add to substance abuse problems to a great degree. if you use some common sense, I'm sure you'll understand the corollary.

I'm probably just plain stupid but if you increase the number of intoxicated people (whether it be pot, alcohol or whatever) doesn't make any sense, then there's nothing I can say.
__________________
Todd
_______________
NCL Epic 2012, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:00 PM
zydecocruiser's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,923
Default

I doubt it will be legal at a Federal level anytime soon and left up to individual states. In any event, I don't see it being legal on cruise ships.

If I smell any on a cruise ship I will be calling security.
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Marsdude's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
As regards mind altering experiences, there are many ways to accomplish that. Being stoned on pot and pulling a firearm on a law enforcement officer is but one way of achieving that result.
I doubt that there is a recorded incident of this happening with someone stoned on pot. If there is, other drugs must be involved. People who are not familiar with pot do not understand the effect. Unlike alcohol, being high does not make you violent or crazy.

As for SMOKING anything - it is just like anything else in life, you need to think of how you are effecting others. I don't like to be bothered by other peoples cigarette smoke so I don't want to bother them with my smoke.
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Marsdude's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser View Post
If I smell any on a cruise ship I will be calling security.
I am very sorry for you that you approach life that way.

There is another path of understanding and tolerance I find is a much better journey. Takes effort though.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 687
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Big Mac,

That is not "my" logic. It is a proven fact, matter of fact it's straight fact.

Other than those reasons, as far as I'm concerned people can make just as much a jackass out of themselves with smoking pot as they can with alcohol abuse.

As regards mind altering experiences, there are many ways to accomplish that. Being stoned on pot and pulling a firearm on a law enforcement officer is but one way of achieving that result.
What does smoking pot and pulling a gun on anybody have to do with one another! Are you saying that if you smoke pot you are more likely to do such a dumb thing? Lets stop for a minute and think about this .There are probaly alot and I mean alot of people out there everyday making the personal chose to smoke pot everyday.So I really dont feel that if it was legal there would be a huge increase in people pulling guns on people and a huge increase in the amount of traffic accidents.And the amount of pot smoking related accidents would never come close to the number of alcohol related accidents.Oh thats right but the good old boys like to have a drink once in a while so thats legal! I wonder if the good ole boys liked a liitle smoke once in a while how long it would take to become legal? And like I said before I would not care if someone smoked pot on a cruise ship I could really care less. I mean you have to put up with people getting drunk.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Posts: 4,524
Default

As I have said professionally and personally at least five thousand times (and not only drug counselors but the overwhelming number of physicians will agree with me).

While certainly all pot smokers don't become drug addicts, most drug addicts begin their additive habit with pot. So, why take the chance. Oh, in case you think I'm not and contrary to many who use the drug deny it, pot can be very addictive. Proven fact.

Personally, I don't care one way or another except that the increase in intoxicated drivers would be nothing short of astronomical simply because many don't believe that pot alters their behavior and their reflexes to such an extent (but don't drink that much if at all because they worry about DUI/DWI). Problem is that such an assumption also is completely false.
__________________
Todd
_______________
NCL Epic 2012, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 203
Default

I wouldn't call security for a whiff of weed. Weed made my dads final days livable and helped keep him eating. Even as a recreational drug it's better then alcohol. I grew up in a alcoholic houshold. I used to leave for days at a time to stay with my pothead friends because they were not screaming at each other.
I kinda treat my neighbors on a cruise like I would my neighbors at home.
If they stink the place out I tell them they are blowing it. Security will find them on their own but I don't call anybobdy untill I have beem unable to get a peacfull resolution on my own.
I can see why a cruise wouldnt want to have weed on board. International rules are what they are and they have to operate under those conditions.

That means potheads need to practice discretion or risk going to jail.

I will never be convinced ending prohibition will create more criminals. Those people who operate within the law don't suddenly become outlaws because a law become more relaxed.
If you claim it is a fact, state your source. If I were to make a bold claim in an argument paper I had better be able to state a reputable source. Otherwise it is just conjecture.

Even if laws are more ralaxed here they may not change at our destination ports. Getting locked up in some armpit jail can't be a good vacation.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)  
Old July 28th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ibiza
Posts: 521
Default

You can argue all day about the positive and negative aspects of using Marijuana. You may even succeed in legalizing it's use and possession in the USA.

At the end of the day, it really makes no difference.
Cruise ships must still ban it to avoid the Captain getting arrested and the ship detained in over 100 countries.
For the past 20 years we have been trying to get service dogs legalized in all those countries. There are still more than 20 that will not allow the dogs to enter their country.
How long so you think it will take to get marijuana legalized in all those places?

Instead of these pointless arguments on a blog site, perhaps you should re-direct your energy and start writing letters to the UN.

Or maybe start an American cruise line that only visits countries where marijuana is legal?
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Marsdude's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
As I have said professionally and personally at least five thousand times (and not only drug counselors but the overwhelming number of physicians will agree with me).

While certainly all pot smokers don't become drug addicts, most drug addicts begin their additive habit with pot. So, why take the chance. Oh, in case you think I'm not and contrary to many who use the drug deny it, pot can be very addictive. Proven fact.

Personally, I don't care one way or another except that the increase in intoxicated drivers would be nothing short of astronomical simply because many don't believe that pot alters their behavior and their reflexes to such an extent (but don't drink that much if at all because they worry about DUI/DWI). Problem is that such an assumption also is completely false.
You make statements that are based on your perceptions but they are not fact.

Now that modern studies have come out revealing that the link between pot usage and harder drug usage is not there. Pot is not a gateway drug anymore than alcohol. It is simply the fact that pot has only been available from drug dealers. In the many states where pot is legal now there has been NO correlation.

No MJ user advocates for anyone driving on any type of medication or drug! Having said this, pot is radically different from alcohol. THC the substance that make people "high" metabolizes rapidly in the body. Because of this a person that say, smoke pot at 6 PM will be free from the effects of the drug by 9PM. Not so with alcohol.

In addition, studies have been done that show that under the influence of MJ users actually drive better than those under the influnce of alcohol:

THE EFFECT OF CANNABIS COMPARED WITH ALCOHOL ON DRIVING

Just the facts.
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old July 28th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Posts: 4,524
Default

I end my participation on this thread with the following (since everyone is throwing around "facts") that I've yet to read.

Everyone has an opinion and they're not going to change it, especially if they use or support the use of marijuana. Nevertheless, throughout this thread, the word "facts" has been used extensively

1. According to the The National Association for Drug Abuse, long term use of mariuana can lead to addiction).

2. 16% of all fatal traffic accidents involved the use of THC (the main drug ingredient of marijuana).

3. 18% of all traffic deaths involved the use of combined drugs (i.e.: cocaine and marijuana).

Draw your own conclusions and live your own lifestyle. I only ask that you not try to make make your point by getting behind the wheel. Many infants died in those wrecks, innocent of anything.

This fact is that almost 20% of most traffic fatalities involoved the use of drugs combined with marijuana itself were involved in 16% of those deaths alone.

If you want to get high On THC, alcohol or whatever on a cruise ship and then go overboard, be my guest. Who cares? I don't. Just do everyone a favor and insure you have insurance to cover the expenses if they find your body. It's only fair to your family or those responsible for your expenses.
__________________
Todd
_______________
NCL Epic 2012, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,405
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default

Never mind that the original topic was driven off the road to a pro and anti pot discussion, personal attacks on other posts is NOT ALLOWED.

When someone turns to personal attacks, it only demonstrates they have no point left to make on the actual topic.
__________________
Kuki
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Snoozeman's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bosque County, Texas
Posts: 5,430
Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
....

While certainly all pot smokers don't become drug addicts, most drug addicts begin their additive habit with pot....
I've heard this for years, but never understood this logic. I guess you could ALSO say that most drug addicts begin their additive habit with coca-cola, or a cigarette, chocolate, or breast milk for that matter.
__________________
Ray McDonald / Snoozeman

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 687
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Chafkin1 View Post
You can argue all day about the positive and negative aspects of using Marijuana. You may even succeed in legalizing it's use and possession in the USA.

At the end of the day, it really makes no difference.
Cruise ships must still ban it to avoid the Captain getting arrested and the ship detained in over 100 countries.
For the past 20 years we have been trying to get service dogs legalized in all those countries. There are still more than 20 that will not allow the dogs to enter their country.
How long so you think it will take to get marijuana legalized in all those places?

Instead of these pointless arguments on a blog site, perhaps you should re-direct your energy and start writing letters to the UN.

Or maybe start an American cruise line that only visits countries where marijuana is legal?
Pointless arguments on a blog site really.Well I guess thats your opion which you are intilted to.
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old July 29th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,405
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
Pointless arguments on a blog site really.Well I guess thats your opion which you are intilted to.
DH.. I don't agree with you at all! ... it is, after all a cruise message board, and the topic of the original poster was pot smoking on cruise ships.

So, Bruce's post was right on point, and on topic.

I think sometimes we in North America are either naive or self indulgent to think the rest of the world would run by the same rules, or even mores, that we do.

In fact I think generally North Americans have a much too narrow view of the world.

And since there's not even a majority opinion here, not sure why anyone think the entire world just accept the rules you would like to see apply here, apply anywhere else.
__________________
Kuki
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old July 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 687
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
DH.. I don't agree with you at all! ... it is, after all a cruise message board, and the topic of the original poster was pot smoking on cruise ships.

So, Bruce's post was right on point, and on topic.

I think sometimes we in North America are either naive or self indulgent to think the rest of the world would run by the same rules, or even mores, that we do.

In fact I think generally North Americans have a much too narrow view of the world.

And since there's not even a majority opinion here, not sure why anyone think the entire world just accept the rules you would like to see apply here, apply anywhere else.
Ok calling a discussion on a thread pointless was on topic. And I dont recall saying that I thought the entire world should just accept the rules that I would like to be applied here.Or maybe I missed something.I dont really care if pot is legal or not and I dont really care if people smoke it on cruise ships>It doesnt effect me one way or another.It just seems to me calling a thread pointless is a little naive and self indulgent
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Banned
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 519
Default

I wonder if anyone else recieved a so-called 3 point INFRACTION for attacking other posters...DOUBT IT.
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old July 29th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,405
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
I wonder if anyone else recieved a so-called 3 point INFRACTION for attacking other posters...DOUBT IT.
Of course not. Out of 140,000 /mnth visitors to the site, it's just you
__________________
Kuki
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
carnival, carribean, cruise, eastern, glory, lines, majestry, majesty, marijuana, pot, search, seas, smoke, smoking, splendor, weed

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non Smoking Ships funcruiser212 Carnival Cruise Lines 4 December 10th, 2008 12:49 PM
Smoking on Cruise ships Bamabeardog Chit - Chat for Cruisers 15 October 12th, 2008 09:17 AM
No smoking on certain Ships beachcomber Carnival Cruise Lines 7 March 27th, 2007 02:42 PM
Cigar Smoking on Cruise Ships Ken York CruiseMates Group Cruises 1 December 4th, 2004 05:56 PM
Cruise Pot JUSTOFFGRANDEUR14TH Ask CruiseMates Staff 21 August 7th, 2002 02:21 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 PM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1