Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Foggy Sunday

Morning Mates, it's so foggy out this morning I cvan't even see the road, and I am off in a few minutes to the Ship Hector and the Tall Ships festival which specatators won't be able to see today!
Here's a nice shot from yesterday:

I'll fill you in tomorrow, gotta run, have a great day!

donna
Old July 29th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Even though painful, I nevertheless had an enjoyable day yesterday as I had lunch with my best friend, the publisher of the paper, as we both have not a penchant but a downright addiction to a certain Chinese Buffet in town. Today, it's lunch at the hotel with the Editor and his wife but I've already warned them that the normally more formally accepted Sunday attire usually seen at that venue won't be being sported by yours truly. I figured my "bullet proof Defender" costume would suffice.

Hope you had a fun day at the Hector Donna and that everyone enjoys their Sunday.

TDH
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old July 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning folks

Happy Sunday
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Well the block party is over and now my recovery begins. I donít know what hurts more my feet, legís back or hips! I had around 30 people just at my house and I know now itís just too much work and I never have the chance to just sit and enjoy my company or the music the DJ plays so next year It will be just a few people I inviteÖ.limit 5! We did have fire throwers/ jugglers and that was very cool if my pictures turn out Iíll share. Time to get cleaning! Have a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Family party today-40 people .

We are considering another cruise this year .We've never done 3 in one year .We are also thinking of doing a family cruise next summer on the Norwegian Gem.
Old July 29th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Foggy Sunday

Good morning. No special plans, just wanted to wish everybody a good day.

Judy
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Admiral

Good morning from the monsoon-muggy Arizona desert. We had a nice stready, at times HARD, rain for several hours yesterday afternoon and evening, bringing some much needed moisture. But today the hot sun is turning that moisture into steam!

Jose is still in Costa Rica, enjoying the family and being driven crazy by the beaurocracy that is the "system" in Latin America, trying to get some banking business done. He'll see some more family members who live farther away from the home compound this week. I miss him, but I'm so happy for him that he is there enjoying his kids and grandkids.

I got to enjoy a visit yesterday from my own daughter who lives in Las Vegas. She and her husband made a quick weekend trip down to Mesa to see their various family members, me included! My birthday was two weeks ago, so she took me out to lunch and shopping afterwards to celebrate. We had a wonderful time. We're kind of weird and crazy when we get together, and I miss that since she doesn't live here any more.

Well, the dryer buzzer just rang, so I'm headed out to the HOT garage to bring the clothes in to fold and hang.

Have a great day Cruise Mates!
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM
First Mate

Aero: I want to go to your block party! lol That sounded like a great time!!!

Todd: My Mom and I had Chinese Buffet at our favorite spot this past Friday. You just get that craving...

Nurses will start coming tomorrow to change out my vac drain thingy. Still have some leftover pain from bad anesthesia but almost gone. Surgery site pain is just mild. I do feel weird walking around with a tube coming out of my stomach connected to a box I carry on my shoulder (kinda like a purse, but not). The tubing is long so it wraps around my arm a couple times so it is noticeable. I got some strange looks when I went up to the post office yesterday. Sure is hard to wear pants or shorts with this thing.

It's 101 degrees here with a feels like temp of 109. My ac is doing overtime so I ordered a little portable roll around ac unit to use in summer for an extra blast of cold air in whatever room I want. It weighs 100 pounds so thank God my brother lives close-by as he is coming to receive it from shippers and get it all connected for me.

Hope everyone is staying cool and dreaming of their next cruise like I am!!

CarnivalTriumph
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while but I've been having a grand time in England. We spent four days cruising the canals of Central England. We've seen some beautiful scenery and had fun with the English family.

The inside of our "narrow boat" with Alfie the boat dog.

We leave on Tuesday for Exeter, England for five days and then to Brighton for three more. We will be home on the eighth. And no: We are not going to the Olympics or anywhere near London.

I hope all are well.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me