Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Good Morning!

Morning Mates, slept in this morning as the pool is closed for repairs so I don't have to be up early....needed that extra sleep too!

Last night at Ship Hector we had some excitement...our summer student has come up with a great fundraising idea and launched a new website for our ship. We are hoping to raise money for some much needed repairs to help save our ship. You can check it out here:

Hector Heritage Quay - Ship Hector -- Indiegogo

After our shift at the ship, we all went over to the pub for trivia night. It was a tough night, with a lot of Olympic related questions, and coming in 4th place, one of our team quipped "we didn't even make the podium!"

Today looks to be a relaxing one, at least until roller derby tonight, followed by a concert by some of our favourite performers - really looking forward to that!

What's everybody else doing today?

donna
Old August 9th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all!!!! Busy day gotta run!!!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning
"Looks like rain Alice" said old Ralphie boy. Some storms moving in this way so not much to do outdoors.
Tomorrow we will be going to one of my very favorite place The Wisconsin State Fair! Going to get me a corndog and potato pancakes; Iíll skip the fried butter!

Guess Iíll go for my run and do a little weight lifting after all the RIO Olympics are only four years away.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 9th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I'm just taking a break from going through mail. There are some "issues" to deal with but nothing too bad.

We have the grandkids here. I think they missed us more than we missed them. For some "strange" reason Grandma and Grandpa took the kids shopping for school clothes. I remember when I was a kid. My school clothes were: Three new pairs of pants. Four or five shirts. A pair of "good shoes". A pair of sneakers and some socks and underwear. Now it's almost a requirement for girls to buy out the store. My grandson was easy. T-shirts and pants are just fine with him.

Today will be dealing with the "issues" and catching up. We are leaving tomorrow to go up north to my brother's for his birthday bash. My other brother is coming up from Texas so the whole family will be there. We didn't dare back out. Oh well, we'll get to sleep in our own bed for three nights.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Good Morning

Good morning. The day started early. Keith is working in his shop and I am doing laundry. Too hot to be outside later and we are told not to use major appliances during the day.

Nice to see you back, Mike.

Have a nice day, all.

Judy
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning folks

Happy Friday Eve.