Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2012, 05:51 AM
Admiral

No!, No!, No! what?
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
No!, No!, No! what?
Todd, I believe it was a simple answer to a simple question.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
No!, No!, No! what?
The first poster asked a question.

That was the answer.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:47 PM
Admiral

Thanks Tom, I missed a lot in my absence!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:47 AM
First Mate

Wow.....this sure seems like a touchy subject.....but I really felt the need to voice my "Canadian female" opinion.....I'll probably get yelled at but again....it's only my opinon.

First thing I want to say is ....the idea of people carrying guns legally is very scary to me. If they are going to do some target shooting, or are going hunting is one thing, but I have this horrible picture of people just going down to the corner store with a gun in their pocket....does this happen??? The reference someone made earlier about the American man who was in Calgary and was sorry he didn't have his gun on him when 2 poeple from Calgary came up to him and his wife offering Calgary Stampede tickets......holy moly!!! He had wished he had his gun on him?? why?? So he could shoot first and ask questions later??

I would never try to even understand the politics in the States, heck I barely understand mine in Canada, but I must say that when we are in the States next time for our cruise, I won't feel nearly as safe, I'll be wondering if the person next to me in the Walmart or McDonalds is "carrying".....I think it's just a very sad state of affairs.

I am sorry ahead of time if my post has upset anyone....not my intention by any means.

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Comet,

I understand your apprehension and it is why I made my earlier posting. The vast majority of people, who have a legal carry permit, are extremely responsible and if something happened you, you would definitely want them sitting next to you.

Like with anything there are some "idiots" that have carry permits and think they can use their weapon for intimidation. You can't. If you are going to pull the weapon from your holster/pocket it is only to protect you or another from great bodily harm or death. Not because someone is "bugging" you or even stealing your car. (If you are not in it and the person hasn't "carjacked" you.)

I know in my state, Minnesota, if you use your weapon (remove it from the holster/pocket) for an invalid reason and it's reported, you will no longer have a permit and will probably be charged with a Felony or Gross Misdemeanor.

I also have to say that the stories of the "grandma's" and "idiots" do get more attention but the stories of people who have saved their life and lives of others get little attention and these incidents far outweigh the "idiots".

Take care and don't worry.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I also become irritated when I see stories, like the one below, that circulate the Internet and Facebook and are presented as facts or Photo-shopped to look like a newspaper article. I know it's pure fabrication but if it was a true story, Granny should be arrested, appropriately charged, gun permit revoked and have psychological testing. Stories; even made up ones, like this give responsible gun owners a bad name and anti-gun people the "ammunition" they need to outlaw firearms. Or at least think they should be outlawed. The sad part is that many pro and anti gun people believe these stories to be true.

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at them at the top of her voice, "I have a gun and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!" The four men didn't wait for a second invitation, but got out and ran like mad, whereupon the lady, somewhat shaken, proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and get into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried and tried and then it dawned on her why.

A few minutes later she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down. She loaded her bags into her car and drove to the police station.

The sergeant to whom she told the story nearly tore himself in two with laughter and pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale white males were reporting a car jacking by a mad elderly woman described as white, less than 5' tall, glasses, and curly white hair carrying a large handgun. No charges were filed.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Mike,

You are so very right. i call them "feel good" stories and I pointed out to the individual who referred to the link that it was horse waste" Anyway, would you believe was a retired constable??!!!! Since they'er elected, they are only required to take a 40 hour course yet they have the same arrest powers as a law enforement officer (though only few use them). I once told one who was acting like a jackass that if he so much as pulled me over and he didn't dot his "i" or cross his "t" then I'd own his farm as well as his his first born.. They should have done away with constables years ago yet for of course political reasons, they've yet to do that. Thankfully around these parts the overwhelming majority are also police lfull time law enforcement officers with all the required training but that's fairly recent.

Just goes to show any and everyone falls for these things. Hate of course to say this but just because a guy wears a uniform and shield stilll doesn't prove he's the brightest bulb in the candelabra.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Default ?????????????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Cruiser View Post
Wow.....this sure seems like a touchy subject.....but I really felt the need to voice my "Canadian female" opinion.....I'll probably get yelled at but again....it's only my opinon.

First thing I want to say is ....the idea of people carrying guns legally is very scary to me. If they are going to do some target shooting, or are going hunting is one thing, but I have this horrible picture of people just going down to the corner store with a gun in their pocket....does this happen??? The reference someone made earlier about the American man who was in Calgary and was sorry he didn't have his gun on him when 2 poeple from Calgary came up to him and his wife offering Calgary Stampede tickets......holy moly!!! He had wished he had his gun on him?? why?? So he could shoot first and ask questions later??

I would never try to even understand the politics in the States, heck I barely understand mine in Canada, but I must say that when we are in the States next time for our cruise, I won't feel nearly as safe, I'll be wondering if the person next to me in the Walmart or McDonalds is "carrying".....I think it's just a very sad state of affairs.

I am sorry ahead of time if my post has upset anyone....not my intention by any means.

Gail
Comet Cruiser
Its okay to hunt defenseless animals ???????????????????
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
They should have done away with constables years ago yet for of course political reasons, they've yet to do that.
In Alabama each voting district is authorized to have a constable and although it is largely ignored, some people do get on the ballot and are elected. We had one clown several years ago who had a 20 year old Ford that he put lights on and he was stopping people and writing traffic citations. He had zero training (also zero teeth), and when TV stations interviewed him about his playing police officer he sounded like he looked, which was a total moron. Yet, as you say, this guy had full police powers. The only useful constable I can recall was one who took office but then helped the sheriff by simply serving papers which freed up deputies.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
First thing I want to say is ....the idea of people carrying guns legally is very scary to me. If they are going to do some target shooting, or are going hunting is one thing, but I have this horrible picture of people just going down to the corner store with a gun in their pocket....does this happen???
I think a big part of what makes it "scary" is, being Canadian, it's just not something you're used to. Though MANY Canadians are avid hunters, simply owning weapons is not something the general population considers part of their daily lives (though there are gun clubs etc. with significant membership numbers).

I personally don't have any weapons. Over the years I've traveled quite a lot, and wandered alone through some areas that would be considered quite dangerous, yet, I've been fortunate to never encountered a situation where I felt the need to be armed.

Yet, I do understand the desire by American's to own guns. It's part of the fabric of the country, and the right to do so is in their constitution.

Spending my winters in Arizona, I do see people simply out for a walk or heading to the corner store, carrying a holstered weapon. (Not everyone, but it's not totally uncommon either).

There are more guns in the United States than there are people. That means over 330 MILIION guns. However, the VAST majority of people do not wander around carrying their weapons.

But, it's important to note that (even in Canada) "bad guys" do carry guns.

Just this week in Calgary, there was an exchange of fire between two vehicles on a public street. A couple of months back there was a "mass shooting" in Toronto, at a vey popular mall. A year or so ago a shootout on a very busy Young Street in Toronto.

Though it's more difficult to get legal handguns in Canada than in the U.S., those who want guns can get them illegally.

If you're going to afraid to walk down a street in Florida, then you really have to be afraid to go anywhere, whether Canada or the U.S... or anywhere else.

Just as "at home", when you travel, you need to be aware of your surroundings.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
Admiral

Just to let you know that a hunter got sentenced to 9 months jail about an hour ago for shooting dead a man while "Hunting".
Oddly enough he was the ex-president of the "Wellington Deer stalkers Association".
So even so called experts stuff up majorly every now and then.

The reason I don't like guns in any shape or form is that approx. 25 years ago a friend of mine pointed a .22 rifle straight at my face at point blank range.
I didn't know if there was a round in the chamber and quite frankly I don't think he knew either??

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/hunt...y-says-5043546

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Default Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
Just to let you know that a hunter got sentenced to 9 months jail about an hour ago for shooting dead a man while "Hunting".
Oddly enough he was the ex-president of the "Wellington Deer stalkers Association".
So even so called experts stuff up majorly every now and then.

The reason I don't like guns in any shape or form is that approx. 25 years ago a friend of mine pointed a .22 rifle straight at my face at point blank range.
I didn't know if there was a round in the chamber and quite frankly I don't think he knew either.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/hunting-death-dummer-broke-every-rule-family-says-5043546

15 years ago I was mugged on a NYC street .The guy put his gun to my forehead and attempted to kill me .Luckily his gun jammed .Not so lucky was a person that he killed a few hours before.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:17 PM
Admiral

Quote:
To quote the old saying, "With friends like that you don't need enemas. . .er, enemies."
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:27 PM
Admiral

You don't point a gun at anyone unless you want to kill that person.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old August 23rd, 2012, 11:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
You don't point a gun at anyone unless you want to kill that person.

TM
And yet, so many do, don't they.

Actually--and I'm really no expert on this--I think the responsible gun folks would quibble with the way you phrased the statement, but not with the basic truth at the core of it. But I'll leave that hair-splitting to them.
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Admiral

My mantra has and has always been, "You never point a firearm at either anyone or anything it would bother you to destroy."
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR View Post
To quote the old saying, "With friends like that you don't need enemas. . .er, enemies."
Ironically this Kiwi male has for quite some years worked as a crane operator and lived in Upstate New York.

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
You don't have to be stupid to pass on eroneous misinformation

You just have to be misinformed. Rather than believe what you're told, or what you may have read someone saying about President Obama's position, you should see if you can find anywhere, in his own policy statements, where President Obama states that as his policy.

The "smart people" say it's his "hidden agenda" and he can't state such an unpopular policy publicly, but will assure you it's there

To "stack" the Supreme Court requires openings, and with those positions being life long appointments, it's a difficult plan to build a policy around.

One has to hope you're the President when the situation arises giving you the ability to put your nefarious plan into effect, to change the leanings of the court.

And then of course, there's the little matter of the House and Senate having to vote to change the constitution to remove the 2nd amendment.
What is truth

I was reminded of something Kuki wrote about believing something that wasn’t true. while I was in a discussion about the new Amnesty program in the US. Someone told me that one of the Eastern European countries in order to get rid of what they considered to be undesirables, bought up their property and paid for a ticket to Canada. After awhile, the Canadian government figured out the scheme and deported these immigrants. Is this story true? I couldn’t verify it on the internet so I figured I would ask a Canadian.
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Admiral

That's quite a tale.

You're like Harry Reed.. "someone told me..."

To enter Canada, and particularly as an immigrant, requires all kinds of applications and visas.

Just as in the United States there certainly are people who enter on, say, a visitor's visa, and then disappear into the masses.

There is one now rather famous case here, where a young Muslim from Kenya came to Canada, (specifically Vancouver, British Columbia) and used it almost soley as a jumping off point, to gain entry into the United States.

Word has it that he didn't care for the Madras he was attending in Vancouver, so the family went on "vacation () to Hawaii.

Apparently this young lad is now President of the United States, and the entire thing was planned by the Kenyan government years ago as a way to become a world super power. And all the expenses involved in carrying out this plan were financed by a secret Muslim group, who meet daily in Mecca.
Old August 24th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR View Post

Actually--and I'm really no expert on this--I think the responsible gun folks would quibble with the way you phrased the statement, but not with the basic truth at the core of it. But I'll leave that hair-splitting to them.
Let me explain. If you point a gun at someone, you better make sure that the gun is loaded and that you are ready to pull the trigger.

I learned that in the US Army and I survived my tour in Vietnam.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old August 24th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Admiral

Yes, the difference--and it is an important one--is between being ready to fire and "wanting" to fire, as you said originally. I think Todd made that distinction nicely in his reply.
Old August 24th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Admiral

In case anyone is wondering what difference would it make if you pointed the business end of a firearm that is empty at someone.

The answer is sadly very simple.

Do you have any idea how many people are killed each year with "empty" firearms? Or for that matter, expenses pieces of furniture, etc., etc., are destroyed probably every day?

Even if one forgets everything they've been taught about various safeties and regardless of the complexities of the weapon itself, etc., if you follow my axiom, no matter what, neither anyone nor anything is going to get hurt or be destroyed.
Old August 24th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Admiral

Sometimes you come upon something that is so spot-on in terms of what you've been trying to say, that you just can't believe you didn't write it yourself. Such is the case with the following article in Esquire. I recommend it to everyone. I only wish I'd thought of the "Black Heart Medal" myself.

A Modest Proposal to End the Summer of Mass Shootings, by Tom Junod - Esquire
Old August 28th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Canada will pay failed refugee claimants up to $2,000 to go home

Quote:
That's quite a tale.

You're like Harry Reed.. "someone told me..."

To enter Canada, and particularly as an immigrant, requires all kinds of applications and visas.

Just as in the United States there certainly are people who enter on, say, a visitor's visa, and then disappear into the masses.

There is one now rather famous case here, where a young Muslim from Kenya came to Canada, (specifically Vancouver, British Columbia) and used it almost soley as a jumping off point, to gain entry into the United States.

Word has it that he didn't care for the Madras he was attending in Vancouver, so the family went on "vacation () to Hawaii.

Apparently this young lad is now President of the United States, and the entire thing was planned by the Kenyan government years ago as a way to become a world super power. And all the expenses involved in carrying out this plan were financed by a secret Muslim group, who meet daily in Mecca.

Apparently, Kuki didn't want to address the question of one of the Cruisemates who requested facts not rhetoric -as you can see from Kuki's response. More bodunk.

The article shown below may be the source to the story about Canada paying immigrants. I don't know if they were paid by their country of origin to leave and go to Canada. I do know France did something like paying refuges. I am not a political news junkie so I am not going to be able to give a complete story. I hope that there will be a Cruisemate who can give a fuller answer to this question but I had only limited time to devote to research.

Canada will pay failed refugee claimants up to $2,000 to go home
By Steve Mertl
National Affairs Contributor
PostsWebsiteEmail .By Steve Mertl | Daily Brew – Thu, 5 Jul, 2012....Email

"Call it a parting gift, or maybe a bribe. Refugees claimants who failed in their claims for asylum in Canada are being given up to $2,000 and a one-way plane ticket home if they leave voluntarily, the Toronto Star reports.
A pilot program being run in the Greater Toronto area is being greeted with some approval by lawyers who work with refugee claimants but some say the money is little more than bribe, and a puny one at that, to get claimants to forego further appeals.
The Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration pilot program, launched last week, is run jointly by the Canada Border Services Agency and the International Organization for Migration.
"Currently, many failed refugee claimants do not respect their obligation to leave Canada, which leads to deportation, costly enforced removals by the CBSA and a permanent bar on returning to Canada," the agency says on its web site.
"Often this happens because people are unaware of the consequences of failing to comply with removal orders or simply do not have the means to leave or to support themselves when they return to their home countries."
The CBSA says the program could achieve up to 6,955 voluntary returns, allowing its enforcement officers to focus on higher-priority cases, such as catching suspected war criminals and foreign crooks.
"It's a win-win situation," Peter Showler, a law professor at the University of Ottawa told the Star.
Failed applicants retain their ability to reapply to come back to Canada and get some money to re-establish themselves, while the government gets prompt, trouble-free removal, he said.
[ Related: Refugee health wrong priority for provinces, Kenny says ]
The CBSA says it's also received temporary funding to higher about 60 officers to speed the removal of unsuccessful refugee claimants, who sometimes disappear after exhausting their appeals and must be tracked down and deported.
The three-year program was launched in fiscal 2010-11 with a goal to remove an additional 4,232 failed claimants by next March. As of March 31, 3,658 were sent packing, reducing the agency's backlog.
The voluntary removal incentive could also save taxpayers money by reducing the cost of tracking failed claimants, immigration and refugee lawyers say.
"It's an incentive to go back . . . that doesn't trouble me," he told the Star. "There are people who may want to go but don't have the means to because they have been out of their country for so long. This is good for them."
The payment is based on whether a failed refugee claimant has started an appeal after being initially rejected. Claimants get $2,000 if they apply before going to federal court for a review of the decision, $1,500 if they apply before asking for a pre-removal risk assessment and $1,000 if they've received a risk ruling.
Sandaluk admit this amounts to a bribe for claimants to waive their legal rights to appeal.
"As a lawyer I don't like that too much but people are capable of making their decisions," he told the Star.
Deportations have risen in recent years. The CBSA removed 15,073 people in 2010, compared with 13,249 the previous year. Three-quarters were failed refugee claimants and 12 per cent convicted criminals.
There were 98,380 refugee claims made in 2010, compared with 106,530 in 2009, the Star said.
The voluntary removal incentive is similar to programs offered by 20 other countries. Britain, for instance, gives applicants up to $6,000, which critics say makes Canada's $2,000 maximum payment a relative pittance to help returnees start new lives."

First, I feel that if a cruisemate asks for a confirmation concerning a story which Kuki is involved. He should address the issue not venture off on a diatribe about unrelated subject.
{I found the above article after a few minutes searching the internet. This would have answered the question I believe. }

I personally feel that any email sent by Kuki on political questions should contain a disclaimer:
"The comments given here are based on Kuki's research and personal beliefs. Cruisemates provides no guarantee that information contained herein is accurate, complete or up-to-date."

All Canadians are not like Kuki. Some recognize that the country is not perfect and that it has blemishes in its social health system which the United States may encounter as it plunges deeper into their social health system.

"Unlike a lot of other nations where big business runs the show, Canada looks after its own. Every citizen has access to health care and our banking system ensured that we didn't feel the economic impact or lose our homes in record numbers like the US did during the recession. Canadians appreciate what they have here and are friendly, tolerant and prefer peace to conflict. We love our beautiful country and value our way of life where every law abiding citizen has the right to his/her own beliefs and preferences. In short, we are the nicest people in the world.!"
Old August 28th, 2012, 04:56 PM
First Mate

Quote:
I think a big part of what makes it "scary" is, being Canadian, it's just not something you're used to. Though MANY Canadians are avid hunters, simply owning weapons is not something the general population considers part of their daily lives (though there are gun clubs etc. with significant membership numbers).

I personally don't have any weapons. Over the years I've traveled quite a lot, and wandered alone through some areas that would be considered quite dangerous, yet, I've been fortunate to never encountered a situation where I felt the need to be armed.

Yet, I do understand the desire by American's to own guns. It's part of the fabric of the country, and the right to do so is in their constitution.

Spending my winters in Arizona, I do see people simply out for a walk or heading to the corner store, carrying a holstered weapon. (Not everyone, but it's not totally uncommon either).

There are more guns in the United States than there are people. That means over 330 MILIION guns. However, the VAST majority of people do not wander around carrying their weapons.

But, it's important to note that (even in Canada) "bad guys" do carry guns.

Just this week in Calgary, there was an exchange of fire between two vehicles on a public street. A couple of months back there was a "mass shooting" in Toronto, at a vey popular mall. A year or so ago a shootout on a very busy Young Street in Toronto.

Though it's more difficult to get legal handguns in Canada than in the U.S., those who want guns can get them illegally.

If you're going to afraid to walk down a street in Florida, then you really have to be afraid to go anywhere, whether Canada or the U.S... or anywhere else.

Just as "at home", when you travel, you need to be aware of your surroundings.
Hi again.......

Kuki.......I am aware of the situation in both Canada and the U.S. concerning the amount of people with guns...bad guys carry guns I would assume anywhere.

I don't remember saying I was going to be "afraid" of walking down a street in Florida or any other part of the U.S...we will be driving down to our cruise in Florida at the end of February, so we'll be driving through, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida. We are very excited about seeing all of these wonderful states and I am sure that being afraid of visiting these places won't even be a part of our journey.

Thanks for the "heads up" about being aware of my surroundings....I have lived in downtown Toronto, and have made it to 60 yrs of age......so being aware of a lot of things is on my "to do list"

Oh...one last thing.....I am not now or have I ever been called a "scaredy cat"

Take care fellow Canadian(eh)

Gail

Old August 28th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Admiral

I wonder if the original question was forgotten.

Iconic simply asked if he shoud buy a gun.

By now he probably has.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Default Crane operator

Quote:
Ironically this Kiwi male has for quite some years worked as a crane operator and lived in Upstate New York.
A friend of mine was a crane operator for 40 years in NYC .
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Admiral

Comet... sorry if I misinterpreted what you said

Quote:

I would never try to even understand the politics in the States, heck I barely understand mine in Canada, but I must say that when we are in the States next time for our cruise, I won't feel nearly as safe, I'll be wondering if the person next to me in the Walmart or McDonalds is "carrying
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Admiral

Quote:
I personally feel that any email sent by Kuki on political questions should contain a disclaimer:
"The comments given here are based on Kuki's research and personal beliefs. Cruisemates provides no guarantee that information contained herein is accurate, complete or up-to-date."
RCBP.. EVERYONE'S postings here are their opinions from their experiences. No one guarantees any of the information posted on the internet is accurate. You must not spend much time on the net if you believe it is.

The program you described has nothing to do with the original poster's question. It is about asylum seekers, not "eastern european undesirables" sent to Canada by their governments.

I certainly don't claim to know about every move the government makes. And, I can assure you, I've never said ANYTHING about Canada, Canadians, or me being perfect.

But if it inspired you to make your first post on CruiseMates, that's OK. Welcome.