Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old August 24th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Default Friday Friday Friday!

Morning Mates, it's morning but not a good one.
I was rudely awakened before 5 a.m. by the sound of a sick dog. Got up to find every possible bodily fluid all over the living room carpet and her bed. It was not a pretty sight.

We will be going to the vet again today; we're thinking it all has to do with the meds she's been on this week for a skin infection....it just never ends with that poor dog, always something..

Laura, hope you are home and doing well, and Mike and Todd and Haimia, hope you are all doing better too. Way to many sick CMs these days!

donna
Old August 24th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........been hot here......90's a few days.......80's most.......now back to the 70's.......I'll take 'em.........

Been MIA for awhile......I guess life just got in the way.......

Looks like I've missed lots.......

Hope all who were feeling bad are feeling better.......

Thoughts & prayers to y'all..........

Y'all have a great day........

Sharon
Old August 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Captain

RD, that is not a good way to wake up! Hope Emma is feeling better.
Sun is up and it is going to be a little on the warm side here but that is ok. I've been busy getting things ready for our Alaska trip even though it is still about 12 days away. We have a very busy square dance campout Labor Day weekend and will be gone from Thurs the 30th until Mon Sept. 3rd. We then will be leaving on the 4th for the overnight hotel stay before we fly to Fairbanks on the 5th. This is why I'm trying to get everything possible ready before then.
Glad to hear that Laura is doing ok and got good news. Praying for all our mates who are under the weather.
Everyone have a great day and weekend.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning (barely) everyone.

I didn't go to sleep until 4:30 a.m.. I am on "Roid Rage". I went to the doctor yesterday because of the back. He did an initial diagnosis and we both concluded it's probably a strained muscle or bulging disc. We'll go with a dosepak of steroids and see how that goes. My back is not hurting so bad this morning but I have consumed mass quantities of refrigerator pickles and beets to stop the hunger I get when I go on steroids. They are low calorie so I may not gain.

Today is bill paying day. I should mow the lawn but I will let the back rest one more day and we also got a nice amount of rain last night so it will be good to let the parched grass absorb some of it before cutting.

Donna: I hope Emma is feeling better. I remember the feeling when you awoke to "that sound".

Sue: I envy you going to Alaska. It will beautiful.

Sharon: GREAT TO SEE YOU. I hope all is well with you and Larry.

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Default Friday Friday Friday!

A late good morning to everyone. We have a nice overcast keeping us cool at least temporarily.

Sharon, nice to see you posting.

Donna, I hope Emma feels better soon.

Have a good day, everybody!

Judy
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning!! Home again and feeling better than I was. RD I can feel your pain over Emma's illness. I hope she and you feel better soon. When I came in from the hospital last night I found that Miss Lilly had shown her displeasure at my being gone. I picked up the mess last night and went to bed. At 3:00 AM I was crawling on the floor and scrubbing the spots in the carpet. Miss Lilly knew I was not too happy and she slunk off to a closet to hide. Smart move. Later I was very tired and went back to bed. Eventually she came out of hiding and crawled up on my bed. She eventually made it back to her favorite place parked up against my leg.
I am spending a quiet day at home today. tomorrow is soon enough to be going out again. Have a fantastic day everyone.
Thanks again for all the nice notes you all posted for me. It made me feel better.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 24th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon Mates

I wish that all of you who are ill will be feel better fast.

RD, I hope that Emma gets well quickly.

Enjoy your day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016