Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning

An early good morning from Huntsville, Alabama. Up early today to work in yard before it gets too hot; spreading mulch. Then it is time to figure out Brazil visa for our next cruise.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Morning Marc, thanks for getting things started this morning! I overslept, and got up to discover my hubby was already gone for a series of errands this morning.
Fortunately, I woke up barely in time to get ready and get to the ship this morning, I have another camp tour at 11 a.m.

No plans for the rest of the day except maybe some weeding and tidying of the gardens.
It is a little cooler today, but still nice and sunny.
Have a good day everyone!

donna
Old August 26th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from not so hot Texas. I have been up for several hours, and I'm nor sure why.

We really don't have much planned for today, just time to be together. Jim leaves next week, and time is very important.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Admiral

And a great Sunday Morning to all!

It's a gorgeous day outside today with highs expected in the mid to upper 80's.

Not a thing planned for today so I put my back brace over my pajamas! Sometimes it's not bad living alone because oftn you can do whatever you wish and no one can see you. I'm into a good book so that makes things interesting. Since they ran Bristol last night, no NASCAR today so...................

Thought I'd treat myself so I toodk a rump roast out of the freezer. I have mine custom cut meaning no trimming of the fat. That's what flavors meats and you can always cut it off if you wish. As for yours truly, the crusty fat is one of my favorite parts! Ah cholesterol city.

It looks as if Ray's not going to get a direct hit from Issac although I'm sure he'll have plenty of rain! Up here we've been extremely lucky. While we've have a brutal summer, we also have had a lot of thunderstorms and rain so the grass really needs cutting every week. Thirty miles from here it's almost like another "Dust Bowl." Kinda' wierd.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday and that all the tourists enjoy "The Good Ship Hector."
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old August 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Hot and sunny here but I am praying for all my family and friends living in Florida .
Old August 26th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good late morning to everyone.

I was up late again last night (this morning). Not because I was ridding myself of a virus but because of the effects of the steroids I'm on for my back. It sort of worked out because Betty couldn't sleep either. So guess what we did.

Caught up on a lot of "stuff" that was recorded while we were in Europe. We spent ten straight hours watching TV. It was sort of fun but when we finally fell asleep around 4:30 a.m. we knew that our Sunday would be cut short. Oh well, I guess that's retirement.

I should mow the grass but it isn't in the best shape because of the lack of rain and watering while we were in Europe. Now that we are getting a bit of rain I am going to let it grow and see if that makes things better. I did not turn on the sprinklers when I got home or I would have been running them 7x24 to make up for the extreme lack of water while we were gone. If you aren't getting rain you can actually hurt your grass more to inadequately water it rather than letting it go dormant.

Today: My son is coming over for afternoon BBQ. I'm making brined pork chops, red potatoes, beets with blue cheese (it's really good) and a spinach salad. I have my pork brining and all the prep work is done so I just have to start cooking it around 2.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and that the upcoming week is one of the best weeks ever.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 26th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach where the weather is a lot nicer today. I didn't do much today except washing and ironing. We are headed out of town for Labor Day weekend on Friday to see the kids and I never wait until the last minute to pack. (I know that I would forget something if I did). In fifteen minutes I am leaving for work. Hope that all my fellow cruisemates had a great weekend!
Old August 26th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I have to say that my dinner was really good. I love the beets and blue cheese and the pork chops were REALLY good.

Marc:
Boy do I remember those Alabama mornings when I would get up at 6:00 a.m. on a Saturday or Sunday just so I could get the lawn mowed before the heat and humidity were too high and/or I would have to get into work. I had a large sloped front yard and that thing was a killer. I couldn't use a rider on it so I had to use the self propelled (ya right ) mower. I couldn't even dream of doing that today. When I was finished I would throw myself under the ceiling fan in the family room and enjoy the cool air. About five minutes later Betty would be yelling at me to get my sweaty body off the carpet.

I finally said to heck with it and hired "Walter". He did great lawn care but there were a few times that I felt really guilty sitting on the back porch with a drink in my hand while he labored on the lawn. Well, not too guilty.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 26th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Still trying to crippple myself.

Tooka morning nap and came out of the bedroom. Had on my socks and I must have slipped on the tile. I went crashing through the gate we put up to keep the animals out of the dining room and living room. Boy, did it hurt when I hit.

I'm lying there among the debris of the crushed gate saying, "Please don't let if have effected my back." I got up and though very sore, thought I had survived fine. Now I find I can't stand for any length of time and last night I was most comfortable standing. Not to mention I'm seaping water from my left leg in increasing quantities even though I'm up to 120 Mg. of Lasix a day. Geesh, I just can't seem to catch a brake. Ah well, we put up with what we must and deal with it the best we can.

Can't go into the hospital as I'm having a friend whom I haven't seen in ten years visiting from Charlotte for a couple of days this week so if I do have to end up in "the big building where they awaken you at 2:00am to take your temperature," it won't be until after then.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old August 26th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
I finally said to heck with it and hired "Walter". He did great lawn care but there were a few times that I felt really guilty sitting on the back porch with a drink in my hand while he labored on the lawn. Well, not too guilty.

Take care,
Mike
Mike, since we returned to the USA, Arlene has been "retired." Therefore, she mows the lawn while I sit on the screened porch with drink in hand and go every few minutes to her with cold bottle of water.

Of course, I did end up cooking dinner today since she spent most of the day in the heat.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old August 27th, 2012, 12:00 AM
First Mate

Good evening from a hot and very dry south Texas. Not much rain at all this year (someone mentioned dust bowls..that's us!).

Had a friend come down from Dallas this weekend. She took me for a wonderful mani/pedi and wow..It felt soo soo good. I got hand painted toe nails with white flowers on them in preparation for the Hawaii trip. Looks like i may actually make that trip as I am feeling a lot better with these antibiotics. Came home from mani/pedi to a Get Well card stuck in my front door from my neighbors telling me that they have seen home health care nurses coming in and out and wanted to offer their cell phone number in case I needed anything. How NICE!

Looking forward to my cruise in December as well. I think I'm going to try one of those spray on tans from the salon (I'm told they last a week).

Man, I sure wish Todd, Mike and Laura all the healing they can possibly be blessed with. I will be praying for you guys! Haima, you too!

Hope everyone had a terrific weekend!
snorklr45

CarnivalTriumph
Old August 29th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Familiar Face

Good morning form California i am Joaquin i like Sunday morning because
this is weekend day and we are all friends together enjoy this holiday
and also give time to our families this is really very special day for
every body...
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Familiar Face

Hello friends i like Sunday because i am feeling free to my self on Sunday and i have no any work to do on Sunday i just love to Sunday morning and we are all friends planned to go on a picnic on Sunday.....