CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Wake Up! It's Monday! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/391492-wake-up-its-monday.html)

rollerdonna August 27th, 2012 01:29 AM

Wake Up! It's Monday!

Morning Mates! It's only 2 :30 a.m., but it IS Monday.....I just have not been to sleep yet, just "one of those nights..."

Much later this morning I am due to give the last "Tim's Tour" of the season. Camp is over this week, and this will be our last group of campers visiting the Ship Hector.

I also have some serious weeding to do in my garden(s), which have been neglected due to the extreme heat in the past weeks. I managed a little bit today, but it just gives me such a sore back...Oh well, gotta be done.

Wishing you all a good week ahead....this will be my last full week of glorious summer vacation :-(

donna

Cruznut2 August 27th, 2012 04:17 AM

Good Morning Donna. I too am an early bird. I love the early morning hours before the rest of the world is up and around. It is raining here in Lakeland a gift from Isaac. The lights flickered a while ago. I do hope they will stay on. The local news team is already on the job keeping us up with the storm. No plans to go anywhere this morning. I guess I will put on another pot of coffee later and relax. Have a fantastic day Cruise Mates!

Laura

CruisinK n J August 27th, 2012 04:34 AM

Wake Up! It's Monday!

Good morning, Donna and Laura. It's only 1:30 a.m. here in SoCal, but I can't sleep. Too hot and sticky.

We haven't been watching Isaac so much as keeping a wary eye on the swarms of earthquakes that occurred today.
Keith thought we had one here, but it was just me tossing and turning.

I went shopping on Sunday, and the stores are full of winter clothing. It's going to be 94 today. I can't imagine trying on all that heavy stuff.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy

Manuel August 27th, 2012 08:14 AM

Good morning Mates

It's a dark day here as the clouds are very intense. We are not expecting wind damage from Isaac in this area but we will be getting heavy rain. That being the case we will stay home today.

I hope that you all have a nice day.

TM

Luanne Russo August 27th, 2012 09:31 AM

Good morning from a sunny Texas. We had storms last night, all around us, but no rain here.

I also need to get out and work in the yard. It really looks good, with lots of green.

Glad that Florida will be missed in the storm, but now praying for NO.
Jim, if you are reading this. The welcome sign is still out for you to get away from the storm. Please stay safe.

Well, I guess I had better get my day started.

Have a good one all.

Luanne

Lakers Fan August 27th, 2012 09:35 AM

Sunny here now but thunderstorms are expected .

I am praying that Isaac does not do major damage .

DougR. August 27th, 2012 09:47 AM

Good morning all! Mondays are more tolerable when you work from home. Won't have to face the office until tomorrow. :cool:

Our new home is getting closer. They were clearing the lot of trees on Friday and the contractor told us that he usually is called in a week or two before home delivery. :D So the wheels are turning!!

Our well, which was our main worry, is ok but the conditioner needs repair/replacement, something we already knew.

Everyone have a great day!!!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2...D550/ry%3D400/

Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, Oahu Hawaii

LS80 August 27th, 2012 09:54 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........cooler this morning.......still no rain........strange for us......... ;)

Thinking of y'all in the path of Isaac.......

Monday.....so that means laundry......so much fun........

Hope y'all have a good day.......

Sharon

Aerogirl August 27th, 2012 11:00 AM

Good morning
A sleepless night for me as our bathroom remodel is weighing way too heavily on my mind and we havenít even started it yet! Going to the tile store today to look at more tile choices because I canít pick a vanity until I have the tile picked out. Iím so stuck on white tile mainly because itís what weíve had all these years and Iím too much of a creature of habit so Iíll try to look at something new.
With all the problems in the world I feel silly to be so thrown by something as trivial as this.

Thought going out to the people being affected by Isaac, letís pray he comes and goes without much damage.

nlb1050 August 27th, 2012 11:57 AM

A very late good morning to all. We are having tornado watches and strong wind adviseries and rain , rain and more rain. In the last 24 hours at our house we have received over 1 & 1/2 inches, and almost 1 in the previous 24 hrs.

I pray that Issac does not due much damage where he finally lands

All cruisemates have a great day.

travelgalSue August 27th, 2012 12:03 PM

I too was up early around 3:30am due to my back hurting. Sat. I managed to twist the wrong direction and have been having issues since then. I think it is getting better then bam, it is hurting again. Got to get better as we are 9 days from leaving for Alaska. Plus we will be leaving here this Thurs. for a big Labor Day square dance campout weekend. Will get home on Monday afternoon, unload the motorhome, do up laundry, and have everything ready to leave again around noon on Tues. for Columbus, Oh. We are staying overnight at a hotel right at the airport as our flight leaves Weds. at 5:40 am. Don't want to run the chance of something happening if we wait to drive up there that morning.
Praying for all those in the path of Issac. Everyone stay safe.

Mike M August 27th, 2012 12:45 PM

Good morning everyone:

It was another late night. I think that we are adopting Betty's old schedule instead of my schedule. It was well after 2:00 a.m. when we went to sleep and not until 10:00 a.m. that we woke up.

Betty is fighting the upper respiratory "crud" that I had so she isn't feeling the greatest.

It is a perfect day outside and I suggested a nice boat ride. Betty is going to see how she feels in a couple of hours and we'll take it from there.

Until then, I have a kitchen floor to clean and some dusting to do so I better get at it.

Take care,
Mike

ToddDH August 27th, 2012 01:15 PM

Got to the Dr. this morning and it appears that I reinjured my compression fracture but not to a large degree. They appear more worried about my kidneys than anything else.

Until then, I've enough pain killers that at street price, I'd be on a cruise with Ray. I should take a drive to the nearest larger city or town and put up a sign: drugs CHEAP! If a cop came around I'd just give him a really quick flash of my shield and tell him I'm a government agent on a covert operation to lower the National Budget.

Aerogirl August 27th, 2012 04:56 PM

WOO HOO the tile is picked!!!!!