Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Default It's FRIDAY!

Morning Mates, it's Friday, and the last day of of last full week off - I go back to work next Thursday.

I was not happy to read this post this morning, from the Atlantic Hurricane Centre:

Tropical Storm Leslie:

Good Morning Maritimers, Brian here from Atlantic Hurricane Center with an update on Tropical Storm Leslie. I checked the GFS models for the cyclone, And now it suggests an impact on Nova Scotia and Newfoundland on September 11, 2012 possibly as a Hurricane. I hesitate to post such news so early...because the models do change, And with such posts some people jump to conclusions and assume it's a for sure thing. These models and forecasts change from day to day, And I will be watching Leslie with a good eye. Again, This is not a 100% certainty that Leslie is coming for the Maritimes, Just an update on what I see as of right now!

Not much to look forward to is it? The significance of the date was not lost on me either....

As for those of you in the path of Isaac's wrath, I hope all is well and that you are safe.

Today I'm off to Ship Hector for an afternoon shift, then a quiet evening at home. I'm working on another jigsaw puzzle, with a fall theme, so I'd better hurry up if I want to hang it in the fall!

donna
Old August 31st, 2012, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, and all those to follow.

Donna, I sure hope the forcast is wrong about the storm. Do they hit there very often? We will just have to pray for the best.

I was out this morning filling up the bird feeders and noticed they didn't need it. That usually means that some of our birds have left to go south. It is kind of early, so I wonder if we might have an early fall. It has been different this year on the weather, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Not much planned for this weekend, but since this will be Jim's last weekend for awhile, we surely will plan something.

I hope all of you have a good Labor day weekend. Thoughts and prayers go out to those who wish they were working, but can't find a job.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 31st, 2012, 09:40 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Yesterday was supposed to be our 100F day. It never happened. The clouds kept the temps in the upper 80's and it was quite a nice day. So we spent the day cleaning the house from top to bottom. The only thing left to do are the windows and I don't think we'll get to those for a couple of weeks.

Today we head out for two days downtown. We aren't going anywhere near a lake this weekend, because of the traffic, so it will be a nice getaway and we can do some shopping downtown for our upcoming Asia cruise.

Last night I finalized our private guides in Thailand and Vietnam. We'll be spending two nights (technically three) in Singapore for our pre-cruise and three days in Hong Kong post cruise. Based on my research Singapore should be pretty easy to do on our own and I know Hong Kong definitely is easy to do on your own. We can't wait to get back to Hong Kong. I need a new robe and a couple of duvets for the beds. We will need an extra, extra-large, suitcase just for the "stuff" we'll bring back.

Well: I have a couple of errands to run and then we'll throw some stuff in a carry-on bag and head out for the weekend.

Have a wonderful Friday and enjoy the Holiday weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Going to be a hot one today, probably the last of these dog days of summe, till next summer. I always get so melancholy...

I don't have the kids today,and next week the schedule gets back to normal, as Aiden starts school,and then Lucy starts preschool for a few days a wk...

Sunday we celebrate 4 birthdays...I think I will make it easy on us, and make up some deli platters. I cannot wrap my head around having my oldest turn 42! He used to say, he wished he was born in the "60's" He missed it by one year!

Mike, Hong Kong, would make me hyperventilate! I would be shopping,and indeed dropping! If Betty sees any bead she likes, get them,and send them to me, and I will design, & make her some necklaces/ bracelets. Watching the bead market on tv, makes me swoon

Make it a good one...be safe this weekend!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 31st, 2012, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday

Good morning! Friday, indeed, and I wonder if the weather will pull some of the same stunts it did yesterday. Lots of flooding and lots of rain around us, but we didn't get a drop.

After gym, we will go to Pasadena. Keith left his Amex card at a restaurant last week.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old August 31st, 2012, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Another hot and sunny day here
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:26 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I love Fridays - its almost like everyone in my company takes the day off - I never get any email or anything. It is like the unofficial "personal" day.