Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Captain

Default Wednesday's here and I'm delayed

The day is not starting out as good as I had hoped. It is 3:30am, I am in Columbus, Ohio and just got notice that our flight that was scheduled for departure at 5:40 am has been delayed until 7:02 am. Seems there is a storm in Chicago area that is making us wait. I have 26 of the 51 in my group who are up and ready but now waiting. Thank goodness for the 3 hour layover we had in Chicago we might make it if we get out of here on time.
I guess Alaska will just have to wait on me getting there. I'm sure we will get there sometime just not when we planned.

Everyone have a good day and please pray the weather gets better for us. Thanks.

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, and Sue, I hope your delay does not make you late for your cruise!

Well the rain has come to Pictou County; it is supposed to rain for the next 3 days, but I can't complain, we need it.

Today I am going in to try to re-stock my storage units at work with craft supplies, games etc. The kids don't start till tomorrow, so it's my last chance. Yesterday's meeting with staff was good; I think I may actually have a decent team this year.
The other meeting however was a bit of a shocker - we found out our boss had been fired, or "restructured" as they say. There's a lot of politics and personality conflicts going on, as in most work places, I'm just glad I work "off site" as opposed to in the centre.

Hope everybody's mid-week is humming along just fine....

donna
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Thunderstorms are predicted here for today .
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM
First Mate

High 80's and thunderstorms expected here in Ohio, also. Not much else happening. Just trying to get some estimates on a whole-house generator. DH does not want to go through 5+ days without electric again as we did in early July! However, nobody in that business can seem to keep a set appointment. Yesterday's reset and today's may be running late. Oh well!

I have a sleepy, almost two-year-old puppy in the office with me. Not much but catching up to get done. I have not been able to work as I would like. I get really tired and since I am off some of my meds, I am aching like crazy. Ugh!

I hope all have a good day and the weekend is coming!
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Sue,

Sorry to hear about your having to wait but I'm sure you'[ll make the cruise; am praying for your,Homer and the whole bunch!

It's overcast here in upper East Tennessee at the moment and we too got some needed rain. It appears that the overcast is beginning to lighten somewhat so possibly we'lll have some sun later on.

I so hope all of you who were/are effected by the storm are getting back to at least some degree of normalcy. You're in my prayers everynight, you can bank on that.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I had an early Drs appointment, and, when I walked out, I felt like I walked into the steamy Everglades! Wow, is all I can say...add in some downpours, and the effect is perfect.

I learned I "should" have a test, which is invasive..I've had it before, and, needless to say, I'm not looking forward to it...I could say fagetdaboudit, but,ya gotta do what ya gotta do, though....

Sue, hurry up and wait... Hope you are enroute asap.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 5th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday's Here and I'm Delayed

Good morning. It's overcast! Wonderful! I hope it keeps the heat down.

Sue, I hope you're on your way by now.

Nothing big happenin' here. Have a good day, everybody.

Judy