CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   My jaw just dropped..read on!!!!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/391694-my-jaw-just-dropped-read.html)

Trip September 6th, 2012 11:14 AM

My jaw just dropped..read on!!!!!

What would you have done? I would have said something. This is just insanity....

Sight of Toddlers Being Potty Trained Inside Restaurant Disgusts Patrons

Paul Motter September 6th, 2012 12:07 PM

Wow....

I would have just lost it. Also, if invited over to her house for lunch I politely decline.

http://cbslasvegas.files.wordpress.c...ning.jpg?w=300

Mike M September 6th, 2012 12:31 PM

I know some people get a bit too "freaked out" over a woman breast feeding (while using a cover up) but this is ridiculous, unappetizing and unsanitary.

I don't care what country you are from or what training method you are using, this is ridiculous, and I can't see any sane person endorsing it inside or outside the home.

I don't think I'd want to sit in those chairs after the kids were there.

Take care,
Mike

Trip September 6th, 2012 12:31 PM

Not only is this breaking many health codes, grossing out the diners, I would think that if any Chester Molester were within sight, it made his day! This Mother needs her head examined,

Moiraine September 6th, 2012 12:46 PM

What was this woman thinking?

Who would want to eat watching that?

Paul Motter September 6th, 2012 01:49 PM

Not that I care to debate it, but as far as the molester comment - just for the record there was a time when lots of kids in America walked around naked openly around the house or at beaches, etc. And they still do it in Europe. Any child five or under is not considered a sexual object.

This town of Lehi (I have been there) is a backwoods Mormon town (and no, not typical Mormom any more than the Applachians are normal Americans) where people are raised very much in old-school Americanism. They do not have nightclubs, videogames, even movie theaters. So, while this was stupid from a poop aspect, the nudity angle in a way is sort of innocent in that the mother really didn't know how better.

Modern Americans are uniquely hung up on nudity - more so than they were 100 years ago, strangely enough - just to be clear. All the magazine covers in Europe (Vogue, Elle, etc,) feature topless women every month.

It is much more the poop aspect of this situation that freaks me out, but not so much the nudity.

seadog2 September 6th, 2012 01:55 PM

This, along with blowing your nose at the dining table should be done in the bathroom. Wow!!!

Trip September 6th, 2012 02:16 PM

Paul I understand what you mean......I have many pictures of myself topless as a kid,and would have no issues with my grandkids running around like this at home, but, in this day and age, I would need to have the kids properly dressed for whatever activity they are doing, outside the home...

Having a fully naked child in a restaurant, is just plain wrong.

Donna September 6th, 2012 03:10 PM

That is going way too far, mom needs to use the restroom for that, come on now!

Paul Motter September 6th, 2012 07:23 PM

Umm....

Yuppers, I have to agree nudity in a restaurant is just plain wrong. Unless there's a pole and free brunch.... :cool:

rofl

Trip September 6th, 2012 07:25 PM

...................:cool:.....

Lakers Fan September 6th, 2012 10:40 PM

Not the same thing but similiar

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1445341)
What would you have done? I would have said something. This is just insanity....

Sight of Toddlers Being Potty Trained Inside Restaurant Disgusts Patrons

This morning I was in the gym that I am a member of . Apparently yesterday afternoon a woman came into the gym with her baby and decided to breast feed there .

Now you might inquire as to how she could enter the premises with the child .Apparently she was able to get in through a back door .

Ron September 6th, 2012 11:30 PM

I see no problem at all with a woman discreetly breast feeding a baby in public but to sit a child on a potty chair to take a crap in a public restaurant is the ultimate in dumb! :confused:
I can't believe someone didn't summon the manager , who should have had her immediately leave and / or call the authorities. ( Health problems to start with )--
This woman seriously needs to be examined to see is she is competent to even have a child or children in her care.
Just when you think we can't go any further down the toilet along comes something else. Guess this will become a fad now !
I can just see the host/ hostess at a restaurant-- "Good Evening Mrs Dumb--I see you have 3 kids-- would you like the bowel movement section or the regular seating area? Oh the crapping section ?? --how many potty seats will you need??" :roll: :roll:

Donna September 7th, 2012 07:50 AM

Another question, why would she even carry around a potty seat to begin with?

Trip September 7th, 2012 07:57 AM

Donna...not one but TWO...she had her twins on them!

Mike M September 7th, 2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1445424)
This morning I was in the gym that I am a member of . Apparently yesterday afternoon a woman came into the gym with her baby and decided to breast feed there .

Now you might inquire as to how she could enter the premises with the child .Apparently she was able to get in through a back door .

And the problem with that is....................................?

Are there specific rules about no babies in the facility?
Did she use a cover up or breast feed outside the main areas?

If she was on the treadmill and breast feeding the baby then there is an issue otherwise this is nothing.

Take care,
Mike

Trip September 7th, 2012 09:19 AM

I wonder what would have happened, if the 2 little poopers, were victorious in their efforts? What would the "Mom" have done then?

Truck Cruiser September 7th, 2012 10:34 AM

All I can say is WOW......People today do all kinds of crazy things that shouldn't be done in public but this takes the cake.

Lakers Fan September 7th, 2012 10:02 PM

Perhaps:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1445456)
And the problem with that is....................................?

Are there specific rules about no babies in the facility?
Did she use a cover up or breast feed outside the main areas?

If she was on the treadmill and breast feeding the baby then there is an issue otherwise this is nothing.

Take care,
Mike

When you reach my age your point of view may change ,or not .

belgique September 9th, 2012 11:41 PM

I manage a restaurant with 4 dining rooms. I'm positive anyone on my staff would have noticed that and alerted me, no matter where I was in the building.

The woman would have been asked to leave immediately. Had she refused, the police would have been called - by me.

If a Health Department inspector happened to do a "surprise check", which they do, and witnessed this situation, the restaurant would be closed immediately, no questions asked.

Manuel September 14th, 2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1445463)
I wonder what would have happened, if the 2 little poopers, were victorious in their efforts? What would the "Mom" have done then?

I would not want to be there. :mad:

TM

Mike M September 15th, 2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1445579)
When you reach my age your point of view may change ,or not .

I strongly doubt it.

Take crare,
Mike

Surfguyxxx1 September 15th, 2012 08:14 AM

In this day and age, I am just absolutely amazed at what people this is "fine". Even in a 3rd world country, this would not be tolerated. Where do people get the gaul to think that this is appropriate?????

hollyevans119 September 17th, 2012 11:58 AM

I think I would have been sick! This is disgusting!