Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Default Friday Already!

Morning Mates, nothing like starting your work week on a Thursday and already it's Friday and almost time for the weekend!
My fears of going back yesterday were unfounded. The kids were actually well behaved for a change, and my new staff is awesome - attentive and engaging and so helpful! It may not be such a bad year after all...

Today I'm off to aquafit, home for lunch then back to work. Might even fit in a dinner out tonight, that will be a treat.

Mike, sorry to hear you need more knee surgery, but hope it heals better this time!

donna
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

We've had about 1293 drops of rain overnight. We need a heck of a lot more of it.

Today's agenda is "not much". Just some wash and pick up the grandson this afternoon. It's my daughter's anniversary this weekend and we'll be taking our grandson so they can have a night out. My granddaughter will be staying with a friend.

I have no idea what we'll be doing this weekend. I'm hoping to get out on the boat and burn the gas out of the tank before I winterize it. (yuck: did I just say that?)

As I posted yesterday afternoon: I'll be having knee surgery on the 24th. I'll get the wires taken off the patella and the surgeon will see what else is going on in there. Depending on what he finds I will be in recovery mode anywhere from three to eight weeks. I may miss out on my hunting trips but I should be good to go for our Asia cruise in December.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Looks like rain here all day today but I donít mind.
I have a DR appointment at 1:40 today to see whatís going on with the shoulder & arm pain Iíve having over the last week.
Ordered the vanity, sink and medicine cabinet yesterday so thatís done. Not much else going on. Have a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Happy friday all!

I shall be sneaking off from work early today for a very important meeting involving wine and/or martini's down by the waterfront. These short weeks are the worst, so i plan on making it shorter...lol

Tomorrow my music mentor is being inducted to the 'music hall of fame' at my high school alma mater! I am very proud to have been selected to deliver his speech, though i have not seen or spoken to him in about 5 years. It is going to be a surprise, and though i may put up a good front....i am not the best speaking in front of large crowds. Hopefully i can figure out how to easily upload photos from my phone here and can share some images!

Have a great friday! Tgif indeed!

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Default Friday Already!

A late good morning to you. Keith has gone off to Riverside for some special testing on the Wright Flyer. He took my car, so I am stuck with the Kindle. do have plenty of house things to do, however.

Mike, sorry to hear about the surgery. Keith is a candidate for knee replacement surgery. Not too surprisingly, he doesn't want to do it. He can't wrap his head around the idea that they take your leg apart to insert the knee "fixture."

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old September 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Admiral

Hello everybody, I know you're not looking forward to the 24th but I'm sure that following post-op recovery you're going to feel a whole lot better as you walk, exercise, etc.

Well, I was once again a victim of what I refer to as the "Parking Lot Syndrome" which occurred to Fran and me in a K-Mart shopping center parking lot about four years ago.

I noticed today when I went to go to the shelter thats someone had punched in the lower right corner of my rear bumper. I have no idea exactly when it occurred because there were no scratches and isn' that serious. I'm guessing it probably occurred in the Wal-Mart Parking lot either yesterday or the day before.

I figured I wouldn't turn this one over to the insurance company because it probably would cost a couple of hundred at most to pull out. Boy was I wrong and I've turned it over to insurance! The cost will be $890 because the entire rear bumper cover must be replaced mostly because the paint would come off in chunks when it was pulled out and they'd never successfully match the original paint. I'm just glad it isn't that noticeable but I won't drive a vehicle with dents, etc.

Hope everyone had a better Friday than did I and that all have a fantastic weekend.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old September 7th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Here's to Friday, thank G-d. At work we are learning a new system, CFMC that is causing a lot of the "old timers" like myself a lot of grief! I am taking each day of work as it comes, but hopefully, I can "hang in there" until the end of April; when I turn the big 65. Rob and I plan on traveling more and welcome the more flexible lifestyle. Mike, hope your surgery went well, Todd, so sorry to hear about the "parking lot mishaps" and Rollerdonna, glad to hear that things went well the first day of school. Make it a great weekend, fellow cruisemates.
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Admiral

Just back from dinner for my wifes birthday .
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:47 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Todd....i hope your saturday is much better than your friday!

A very happy birthday to mrs. Henry

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Thank you Kelly K.