Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Admiral

Default Good VERY EARLY Monday Morning

Two things awakened me about 1:30 am. One was pretty severe back pain which under the circumstances of being in bed is rare and the other was a piece came off my Bi-Pap mask and it was blowing air in my face.

That mask is ridiculous. For over 20 years I taught the M-17 military gas mask (I might still have one downstairs in the basement) which can be put on in about three seconds. There is absolutely no reason on God's Earth a very similar version (the original is much too heavy and cumbersome because of the filters but could be used as a template of sorts and add the hose and exhaust), can't be done on a Bi-Pap. The M-17 has a triangle of thick rubber as head gear and will stretch from here to Georgia (if you're Superman) and has no adjusters except at the sides (but they are not rubber but cloth webbing and there is no reason to ever take them completely loose. The Bi-Pap has a head gear that looks like it was laid out by an intoxicated Interstate Highway engineer, is almost as thin as you can make it and still have it not break, is kept together in about four places by just velcro and because of its unncessary convoluted design, you have to figure just how it fits every time you put it on. The straps are connected to the mask itself by plastic (of course) inserts that you can't put on unless you know exactly where they are at that time or you're looking into a mirror. It is the most frustrating device I've ever seen and for absolutely no reason. The face mask is all plastic and is subject to cracks and breakage. What a piece of junk and they charge $800 for it!

The two hydrocodone I took have started to kick in so will get a little housework done while I can (kitchen clean up from yesterday, etc.).

Hope everyone has a good Monday. I've a feeling I'll be taking a nap sometime today. Hope you're feeling better today Mike and although it's been a long time, prayers and good wishes go out to all of my beloved Cruisemates. They've never stopped...I just haven't mentioned it.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Morning Todd, sorry to hear you woke up with such pain this morning. Makes my morning aches and pains seems trivial. Feel better....

Well, we went to see the puppies yesterday and fell head or heels in love. Here is the one we picked out:

He is a 6 week old Malti-Poo, and absolutely wriggly, squiggly, kissy kissy adorable!
We are having a hard time deciding on a name, anybody got any suggestions?

donna
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
This week is going to be a cool beauty. The bad weather that was predicted for this part of the country never happened here, but those 2 tornadoes in NYC, just amazing!

Todd, I hope things will be better for you real soon,and you can really enjoy the fall, in your beautiful part of the county..I have 3 relatives all around your state.

Donna, as you know, I am doing some stumping, for my poochie name of, Gibby, in honor of your beloved Bee Gee's. I wonder if I have enough electoral votes, for it to be a shoe in.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 10th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a beautiful Texas, where it is sunny and cool.

Todd, So sorry for the pain. Call me if you need to talk.

Trip, I also couldn't believe the storms. Who would have thought such a thing.

Donna, Such a cutie!! I agree that Gibby is a perfect name for your new baby.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Todd, I wish that they could come up with a plan to make you pain-free.

RD, that is a cutie indeed. I also like the name Gybby.

Luanne, how is the weather in your neck of the woods? Is the drought over?

Have a nice day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning
D/S and I just returned home. We went and marched with the teachers at his school to show support. As you may have heard Chicago school teachers went on strike as of last night. I don't agree with some of the issues but I stand with them on a few, it's just sad that it had to come down to this because in the end it's the kids who are hurt. All and all it was something for D/S to see and experience because this does affect him and his education.

RD.... Congrats to all of you! What a sweetie!
Geppetto?

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I hate plumbing.

Yesterday turned into a minor bathroom remodel. I had to replace the faucet on the master bathroom sink and, once again, the faucet was welded in. The original plumber who plumbed the house when it was built must have been solder crazy. Everything is copper but the guy never heard of flex fittings for sinks, toilets or bathtubs and when any of these have needed replacing they all had to be cut out. The pipes will never leak but they sure don't come out too easy.

Well: I decided I was no longer going to use a plumber and cut the pipes myself. The sink went fine and the flex fittings went on easily and leak free. It was so easy I decided to change the faucet on the bathtub. It is a large whirlpool tub. To make a long story short..................seven hours later the tub has the same faucet it always had and if Betty wants it to match she can call the plumber and pay, what I estimate to be, around $900 - $1000 to replace it. I really want to find the original plumber and solder parts of him.

Did I tell you. I hate plumbing.

Donna: Cute puppy. I vote "Killer" for the name. Gibby is a good name. Two strong consonants. That is good for training and the dog understanding its name.

Todd: Sorry about the pain and the pain in the *** Bi-pap mask. There are bi-pap masks that go on easy. My brother uses one that he puts on in less than five seconds. There must be a respiratory supply store in your area that can help you find a better mask.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and a wonderful week. I'll just have to listen to Betty's comments that the sink and bathtub faucets don't match.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........cool today....60's.....been in the 70's & 80's.......I guess that means fall is approching.......

Todd......hope ya feel better.......

I like Trips name for the puppy........

Mike.......Larry says the same thing about plumbing........except he can't blame anyone except himself.........he replumbed the whole house..........m

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon

Old September 10th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Default Good VERY EARLY Monday Morning

Good morning. We've already had a doze of humidity and heat when we took the car for service this morning.

Donna, that's an adorable puppy.

Todd, I hope you're feeling better by now.

Mike, I hope you are, too!

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old September 10th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Afternoon Cruise Mates! Todd, so sorry about the pain you are in. I can sympathize about the headgear as I too suffer from OSA. I use a nose pillow system that is much less invasive and leaves my face free. I no longer have that bar going up to my forhead. Now I can put on my glasses to read in bed.
RD I will offer "Lido" as a name for your new baby. He is adorable. I also like Gibby but I felt your other "love" had to be represented also.
Have a fantastic day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 10th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Admiral

Hey Laura, I like that suggestion, Lido.... hmmmm

donna
Old September 10th, 2012, 09:01 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

lets see if this works....me rocking out with some friends this past weekend

file:///C:/Users/Kelly%20DeVenney/Desktop/rockout.jpg

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old September 10th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Kelly:

Did you ever check out the music site and the music magazine ?
Old September 10th, 2012, 09:12 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

not yet promise I will though soon!

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Admiral

Donna,

What a cute baby. How does Emma like him? I think I'm too old to take on puppy training again! ! I'm not very original when it comes to names, but Oscar the 17-year old Shih Tzu agrees that Gibby would be a great name.
Old September 11th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Admiral

At the Animal Adoption Center wqe go through hundreds of names each year but I've never heard "GIbby" which is adorable. Guess what name will be added to the list!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean