Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday, Where is Everybody?

Morning Mates, I'm late this morning due to internet problems, but I'm back online now...is everybody sleeping in today? I did!
My friend who got a new puppy last week tells me "get all the sleep you can now, because sleep as you know it is over once that puppy comes home!" I know she is right.

We are still waffling over a name for the little guy. So far, the Top 5 choices are Griffin, D.J., Taffy, Oliver, Mac and Bailey. We shall see....

Work is going smoothly, my new staff is awesome and I am actually enjoying work again. Today we might be able to get outside now that it has dried up after the storm on Monday. Many areas were flooded, including our play yard.

Tonight is Trivia night, our team is anxious to get back to it after it being cancelled last week.

Have a great day all!

donna
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........burrrr........fall is in the air.......

Yes.....where is everyone????

Names sound good Donna......hard decision.......

Off to the denist.......just a cleaning......

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning all.

I will be picking up the pieces today, which are left over from yesterday's events.

I do hope that all of you have a good day.

Pray for our country...

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Admiral

I was watching the news of the assassination of the US Ambassador to Libya .
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:42 AM
First Mate

Well, a sunny, mid 80's day in NW Ohio. Not much happening around here. Working to get a whole-house generator put in before winter hits. DH is working - 12 hours every day, ugh!

I have been sorting through Germany pictures in the evenings. I hope to be done soon, so I can print selected pictures and start scrapbooking them. I am going to a medical conference with my DD#1 next week, so maybe I can print the pictures while she is in meetings. I get to go just so she is not alone and so I can soak in the whirlpool at the hotel. I really need it bad, joints have been so sore and achy since I had to stop one of my meds!

RD - hope you pick the "perfect" name for your new buddy! It is a really cute little puppy!

LS80 - enjoy that cleaning!

Luanne - have fun picking up!

Not much else to report. Hope all have a good day!
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday, Where is Everybody?

Good morning.

Donna, may I add another suggestion for yet another name? How about BeeGee? I was wondering, will the dog be high maintenance? Will it get as big as a standard poodle? I just wondered what a poodle cut costs.

My stomach is not too happy this morning, so I just might cool it today.

Have a good day, all, including that sweet little puppy.

Judy
Old September 12th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Judy, he is a Malti-Poo, mother Maltese mixed with fathr, miniature poodle, so no, he won't be big, 12 lbs. max.
He will need grooming and cuts, not sure yet how often...

donna
Old September 12th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am squarely behind my desk answering the phone.

Dreaming about going to Mexico again..

Old September 12th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good "late" afternoon to everyone.

It's been one of those days. We were up bright and early for an 8:30 a.m. cardiologists appointment and pacemaker check. Everything is just fine on the heart front and I have 4.8 years of battery life left on the pacemaker.

The problems started on the way to the doctor. He is at the University of Minnesota which is about a 40 mile drive for us. We took the Suburban because we were going to be doing some shopping. On the way down the car acted like it was slipping out of gear and you could tell there was no overdrive (4th gear). Well, on the way home the "Transmission Hot" message came up on the display and it was slipping again. I limped it into a Chevrolet dealer. They looked at it and said it needed a new transmission because taking the old one apart and putting in the parts would be more expensive. I believed that. They quoted me $3500 for the new transmission and installation.

I thought that was pretty high for a rebuilt transmission even with a 100,000 mile guarantee. I called my local mechanic and he quoted me $2200 for a rebuilt transmission, installation and 100,000 mile warranty. I went back into the dealer and told them to take it down off the lift and I was taking it to my local mechanic. I didn't know if it would make it but for $1300 I was willing to try it. Well: Guess what? The dealer came back and "matched" the $2200 price. I contemplated just telling them to forget it but instead of cutting my nose off to spite my face I just told them I was very unhappy that they didn't quote me that price to begin with but to go ahead and put in the new transmission. It should be done around 7:00 p.m. tonight. My local guy wouldn't have been able to get it done until the middle of next week.

Well: Another expense.

Otherwise it was a good day. We did our shopping with the loaner car and had a lunch at a new "upper echelon" Chinese restaurant. It may be upper echelon but the food was mediocre. Won't be paying $18 for Shrimp and Crispy rice there again.

I hope everyone else's day was better than mine.

Sharon: Keep smiling. ) Donna: I hope you figure out a name for the puppy soon. I still like "Killer".

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Mike,

Speaking of Chinese, I go to a buffet that Fran used to say had the best Chinese food since she lived in New York.

I always have the same thing; egg drop soup with wonton in it and egg foo young and boy do I put it away. Price ain't bad either......about five bucks for lunch.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

goodnight my friends

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski