Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Good Morning

Morning Mates, already Thursday, this week is whizzing by!
Excitement is high in the little town of Pictou this week, as our very first cruise ship is scheduled to make a stop in our fair town tomorrow. Big preparations are being made to bring the passengers over to the Ship Hector for a tour, as well as to a local winery, and museum. Everybody in town is hoping to make a good impression so that other cruise ships will come here in the future.
I will be there early tomorrow morning to greet passengers, so I will try to get pics of the ship,
Saga cruiseline's Pearl.

Must get ready for aquafit this morning, then a Dr. appointment, followed by work...

donna
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I hope today is better than yesterday. I posted very late in yesterday's thread about my expensive transmission repair but the Reader's Digest Condensed version is:

Transmission went out on Suburban. Limped into Chevy dealer. Chevy dealer said it would be $3500 to replace transmission. Called local mechanic who quoted $2200. Told dealer to take the car down off the hoist and I was taking it to local mechanic. Dealer decided to "match" the $2200 price.

This really irritated me. Why the heck couldn't they quote me the lower price to begin with. If I hadn't made the call I would have paid $1300 more. I guess that's how they make money. Overcharge the customer. I did get the car back last night and it is running fine. I now can tell that the transmission was going for a while. Now, at highway speed, the tachometer is at 1500 rpm instead of the 2200 - 2500 rpm and gas mileage has gone up. It's one of those little things you don't notice over time.

Today we take Betty's Camry in to the shop to have a wheel bearing checked. I wonder what excitement that will bring. It is under warranty so it shouldn't break the bank. We have enough expenses this month.

Donna: Enjoy the invasion. It won't be long until you have a Diamonds International right next to the Good Ship Hector. Remember, Saga is a 55 and older cruise so tell the local folks that the ziplining and kayaking excursions probably won't sell out.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 13th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Rd, there is allways excitement around you. Enjoy your day.

Mike let's hope that your vehicles don't give you any more problems. You have enough to take care as it is.

Things here are busy but routine.

Have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas 2/21/16
- Celebrity Equinox .. 4/4/16
- Freedom of the Seas.. 12/30/16
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Hope your vehicle problems are finally completely straightened out Mike and I so agree with you when the dealer "met" your mechanic's price. So much for honesty in Dealer quotes.

Speaking of honesty, did anyone hear the members of the general media (specifically CBS and PBS to name two) secretly tape recorded discussing and arranging softball questions designed to discredit the opposition at the last Presidential News Conference.

I must be getting old, but I used to remember the days when hard and probing questions were asked, regardless of whomever was President.

I guess independence has been dropped from today's journalists.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:32 AM
First Mate

Default Wish Me Luck!

Well folks..I'm going in this morning to get results from my fourth (and hopefully final) CT scan on my abdomen. I'm praying that no infection is found around that hernia mesh implant that was recently put in and that has stayed infected for over 3 mos now. I have not had much sleep in two days now - just nerves I guess. The results today will pretty much determine whether or not I make my Hawaii trip first week of Oct..Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me, will you?

Hope everyone has a lovely Thursday and has pretty weather like it is here!!

snorklr45
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Snorklr45,

Here's wishing you an excellent report at the Doctors and everything is healing normally!

'Bout time!
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Rollerdonna,

Forgot to mention I think it was yesterday, that we had a cat named BeeGee who lived 16 years. She's buried in the little graveyard overlooking the mountains that we placed in the far corner of the property. I still need to order some markers for the last three.

I think I'm going to ask Adelaide (who gets the house) that she add the provision that the area be maintained (it only is mowed because the markers are flat and partially in the ground so it'snot trouble whatsoever to maintain. I hope she sells it to an animal person (as I'm sure she will).
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Donna: Enjoy the invasion. It won't be long until you have a Diamonds International right next to the Good Ship Hector. Remember, Saga is a 55 and older cruise so tell the local folks that the ziplining and kayaking excursions probably won't sell out.
Mike, I have already warned the planning committee that our elevator will be in great demand that day. The Hector Heritage Quay is a 3-story building, and most older guests do use the elevator.
The other "tour" is a bus ride to New Glasgow for "shopping" but with limited time, the most they are going to see is the line-up at the construction site of our new Wellness Centre where they are installing new roads and a set of lights. Not to mention the trip to the winery which is a 45 min. bus ride, nice scenery, nice tour, but their time is limited so I hope they make it back!

donna
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Snorklr,

I hope all turns out well for you. Get some sleep!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Gorgeous day here, no humidity,and just glorious! I had a drs appt, for my test, and once again, I was proclaimed the very best of patients! Now, I await my results, oh joy.

RD, I hope you don't have any pier runners, in walkers or chairs..... I must mention as well,I just LOVE the name of the ship

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 13th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Good Morning

Good morning. "It's gonna keep getting hotter and hotter.

Snorkler, I hope you get god results and are pronounced hearty, healthy, and wise!

Mike, After servicing both vehicles, you shouldn't have to think about cars for a while!

I need some coffee and some breakfast, and I want to do errands before it gets too hot.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Admiral

Now that the day is done I hope you and James were successful in making your cruise visitors feel welcome. Did you know the itinerary and did you meet any interesting people?

Gosh how I'd love to tour the Hector....I'm fascinated by vessels of that general period.