Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Admiral

Default Friday is Cruise Ship Day!!

Morning Mates, I can't beleive I'm saying this, but I am headed into downtown Pictou this morning to watch a cruise ship come in!!
Due to arrive around 7:30 and disembark around 8:30, we will be ready and waiting at the good Ship Hector for the tours to begin.

James and I are headed out early to try to capture the arrival on film, but the fog is so thick right now we may see nothing!

Gotta run!

donna
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna, James and all who follow.

Hope everything goes perfectly with a cruise ship's first visit to Pictou. I know that if you two have anything to do with it, it will! Fact is, the cruisers may not even want to leave!

I think summer has finally ended and we're heading into Fall. The high next week is to be in the 70's which is temperate for this section of the country.

I was going to take my two house cleaners whom I refer to as "The Hot Chicks" out to lunch yesterday. Didn't feel like it but I figured it might be good to get out if only for awhile.

They somehow I think knew I didn't feel good (although I put on what I thought was good enough behavior). they said they were going up to the dump to get rid of some boxes but were gone an inordinate amount of time. Well, here they come back with lunch along with two smoke alarms (Fran and I had always said we were going to get a couple but somehow never got around to it). Well, they took it upon themselves to pick a couple up (and wouldn't even let me pay them for them) and then mounted them. Now if that isn't "love" then I don't know the definition of the word. I have always adored them from day one and I guess they must feel the same way. One of them calls at least three or four times a week to ensure I don't need something.

I am indeed one very lucky individual!

Hope everyone has a wonderful TGIF and you have some fun plans for the weekend. Hope you Snorklr45 are feeling better today and progressing toward full good health every day. Same goes for everyone else.

Prayers and good requests continue to go out for all!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old September 14th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a rainy Texas. It started yesterday, and will contunue today. The temps have also come down, so we have little to complain about.

This has been a pretty rough week for me. Some months ago it was discovered that I have PTSD. I have the reaction to loud sounds, but events also trigger it, so 9/11 was a biggie for me. I was able to sleep most of the day, and then read the rest, with the TV off.

I feel wonderful this morning, and ready to start my day. Jim called yesterday to say that he will be home tomorrow, so that's another thing to look forward to.

I really need to get to the store, and do something with the house.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 14th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A very busy couple days as we get set for the bathroom construction on the 24th, the walls are coming down!
With D/S school still on strike and him being home we and decided to pull up what was left of the carpeting in the upstairs bedroom and today we are laying the flooring, we are now a carpet free house.
Not much else going on, Have a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 14th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Admiral

The Spirit of Adventure (Saga Pearl Cruise Lines) arrived in Pictou at 7:30 a.m. with half the town out to greet it.
Here I am at the pier, dressed for my first tour at the Ship Hector.

More photos to follow, just having trouble loading them...

donna
Old September 14th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Just ready to head out for the day. My son is moving back into his apartment today and Betty, I and his girlfriend are helping. It has been deemed "mold free". He also has a new 42" LCD/LED TV that owner installed. Gee: I wonder why????????

Donna: The ship is the Saga "Quest for Adventure" and the actual company it belongs to is "Saga's Spirit of Adventure". Saga split the company into it's cruise company and it's tour company, "Saga Holidays". "Quest for Adventure" will be changing its name back to "Saga Pearl II". Confusing but you can use the information to awe the people who tour the Ship Hector.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Todd: I'm glad the "Hot Chicks" got the smoke detectors. No home should be without them. Now remember to change the batteries when you change the clocks.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Robin,

Just think, no vacuuming for awhile! Think of the plus side!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Default Friday is Cruise Ship Day!!

A late good morning to you all. It's always nice to sleep in. I stayed awake last night fussing about Keith and his buddies going to Riverside on Saturday. It's going to be 106 and no a/c! No responsibility or good sense, either!

Robin, I am envious of all the remodeling. I know it's a mess, though. I remember when we redid our master bath some years ago . . .

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old September 14th, 2012, 01:38 PM
First Mate

Thank you to Trip, Todd, Judy and everyone else for lending their support yesterday - I really felt the love around here. I got great news from my doc too!! No infection and I'm off to Hawaii!!! Yeeehahhh!!! I'm supposed to follow up one more time with my doc but by the time I'm supposed to do that, I'll be in Hawaii. lol Now all I have to do is hope my health holds out through December for my Caribbean cruise. It's paid for! This is truly a wonderful group of people here at Cruisemates. We're so lucky this site and group is here!!

RD, Wow, love the cruise ship pic. Wish I were there with you to see her.

Todd, Wish I could hire your girls. They seem like a true miracle!! Give them a hug!!! They are astonishing..really!! I can barely get a good, reliable lawn guy..Much less a couple of ladies who would bring lunch and install fire alarms for me. Plus call and check on me a couple times a week while sick. Wow!

Luanne, I am so sorry about your PTSD. I suffer with it too - due to an extremely violent act that I witnessed in 2005. I hope you have gotten some therapy for it like I did.. It really helped.

Ok, better run. Have to get busy today. Have to figure out how I'm going to downsize my packing. In all the traveling I've done, you'd think I'd have learned to travel light but nooo...I haven't! lol

Have a great day everyone!!

snorklr45

CarnivalTriumph