Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Admiral

Default The Rains Come Tuesday

Today forecasts rain, much of it heavy, from the Southeast heading toward the Northeast.

Normally, I guess this would not be good except that it appears that Ohio, which I understand was in a pretty severe drought, will benefit. Being mostly agricultural, if such is the case, then I guess Ohioans are looking forward to the wet weather.

Although we've recently had rain, we could use some more here in upper East Tennessee and even more in the middle of the state so I presume that's a plus there too. The Northeast, on the other hand, certainly doesn't need anymore so maybe it will dissipate before the system arrives in that part of the country. Time will tell.

I am due to have my By-Pass mask replaced today as I just can't keep the current one on. As I think I pointed out in an earlier post, the head gear consists of multiple sections of very thin rubber strips that have velcro tips that keep coming apart. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, it takes me up to thirty minutes figuring out how to put it on correctly and which piece attaches to the next. I swear, it was designed by an intoxicated engineer who previously designed California Interstate highway exchanges. I finally stopped wearing it a week ago and went back to the pure oxygen, turning it up to five or six in an effort to force more into me as the mask is designed to do with just air. There is a difference with the O2 turned up but not to the degree necessary. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky this time. I just can't get over the fact that I could put my old M-17 military type mask on in literally less than three seconds. To me, at least, there is no excuse for the design of the one I now possess.

That's about the most exciting thing to which to look forward too today. At least this weekend, DeAnna is picking me up and I'm spending the weekend in Clinton which will be a nice change of venue.

One of the "Hot Chicks" (my cleaning girls) used to cut hair and told me mine needs cutting and she'll do it this week. They've truly become family. So as such, what do I do? I get out and do as much cleaning as possible so it will look decently when they arrive! Duhhhh....................

Hope everyone has a wonderful day (especially those packing for cruises and trips) regardless of the weather. Rollerdonna has certainly spoiled us with her daily pictures so I hope she keeps them up! Also liked Ron's new house yesterday. It's really great to move into a place that's "brandy new!"

Prayers and Good Wishes abound, especially for those truly needing some uplifting words. If you happen to be a Christian, you might want to check out a young man by the name of Jeff Bethke. Though faith based, I'm not that religious but I could see how he could turn someone who is completely non religious into an about face. He actually dispises "religion.!" A unique individual to be sure.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I am bright and early today. I was awakened by the feeling of a female licking my face. No, Betty didn't get in an amorous mood or lose her mind. It was my sister's "pocket puppy", Yorkshire terrier who had escaped her room and decided to come and wake up Uncle Mike. She was hungry and wanted to go outside. I just wish she could have put off her hunger and need to defecate until later than 05:00 a.m.. I'm amazed that the little thing can jump on our bed which is probably five times her height.

Yesterday I went shopping with my sister and Betty. Now that can wear a man out. Today I'm not quite sure what's on the agenda but I know I have four steaks to grill for supper.

Todd: I hope that you get a new Bi-Pap mask that works better and easier. They have them.

I hope everyone has and enjoyable Tuesday and great rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 18th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

We already have our rain in NWGA. Five inches since yesterday morning.

Packing for our B2B bahama cruise on Monday. We live about 7 or 8 hours from Jacksonville and the hubby decided we need to leave on Friday morning.
Think we will make it to the ship on time. .

Brenda
Old September 18th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a drying out Texas. It is beautiful this morning, with the sunshine.

I have a few errands to run, but not much else.

I do hope that everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 18th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Captain

Todd, you are so right about needing rain here in Ohio. It started late yesterday and is continuing today. Luckily it is not a downpour and the ground will soak up what we are getting.
We got back from Alaska on Sunday and I have been playing catch up. I did manage to get all the laundry done. We got the grass mowed before the rain started, and now today will be office work.
I have thousands of photos that need to be sorted but that will have to wait a little bit. Would love to post a few here but can't figure out how to do it. I am not a computer geek!
Hope everyone is well and doing OK.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 18th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Admiral

It is raining very heavy here .We are surounded by water bodies being on an island .