Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:22 AM
Admiral

Default Friday is Here!

A very early good morning Mates, as it is Friday and I haven't been to bed yet.
I got home late from an amazing concert last night in a town about an hour from here.
Replay the Beatles is a Montreal-based Beatle impersonation band I have seen twice before in Pictou. I had to see them again, they are that good! Here's a pic of "Paul" and "John" singing harmony:

I even won a poster at the show, for wearing a Beatles T-shirt. My 2 friends and I had a great time, and if I can figure out how to load the video I took, I'll post that too!

Meanwhile, Friday is my last day of "freedom" and a full night's sleep. Puppy comes home tomorrow, and that will be the end of going out anytime and sleeping in when I feel like it.
What have I done???

donna
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:42 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good Friday morning to everyone.

Fall has arrived and the trees are changing colors and a jacket is now required for my morning jaunt to the coffee shop.

Today is a "no agenda" day. My sister is still here and tonight we'll be having dinner with her daughter, my niece, and family. It should be fun.

Last night, my nephew and his girlfriend came over and we had a nice, easy dinner of New York steaks, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and a beet salad. It was a nice time.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 21st, 2012, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a beautiful Texas.

Donna, your picture brings back so many memories. I hope you are able to post the video. I would love to hear them. Do you know if they are on Utube?

Mike, We are not yet at the sweater stage, but I look forward to it. Your dinner sounds good.

Kuki, How is your mom doing these days?

Lakers fan, I hope your friend had a restful night. We continue to pray for her, and your family.

Not much going on here.

I hope all of you have a safe weekend.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Default Thanks

[QUOTE=Luanne Russo;1447322]Good morning everyone from a beautiful Texas.

Lakers fan, I hope your friend had a restful night. We continue to pray for her, and your family.

My friend is still in the hospital .I should have an update today .
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:39 PM
Captain

The sun is shinning and it looks to be a beautiful fall day here. Lots of leaves are beginning to fall which means the rake will have to come out soon, along with the jackets. I still have mine out from the trip so they will be handy and easy to get to.
Since returning home from Alaska I along with D/H have been hit with colds. I was completly out of it Weds & Thurs. but feel much better today even though I sound like a bull frog!
Tonight the oldest grandaughter along with several other young girls will be preforming at our local high school football game. It is peewee recognition night so the girls are doing some sort of dance routine for the crowd. I am hoping to feel up to at least going long enough to see her do her thing.
Hoping everyone is doing well. Prayers for all our mates in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Good morning

Yes fall is upon us here too with the leaves just starting to change and fall off some of the tree's. I put the fall decor out ....I just love this time of year.
Off shortly to pick up the bathroom tile although the start date has been changed to this coming Wednesday instead on Monday.

I’m getting very excited for my Florida trip on the 4th of October; my friend has many exciting things planed for us. We will be taking a ride down to Sarasota to visit my stepmom and sister but I’m really looking forward to Tarpon Springs.

Henry…well wishes going out to your friend!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 21st, 2012, 01:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Ok now this stinks..I am freezing my patootie off today..had to close some windows..ugh I hate this! The pinecones are dropping like flies!

I don't have the kids today, so my day is free, with nowhere to go.

Off to take a steaming hot shower to warm up..

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 21st, 2012, 01:22 PM
Admiral

But just think, Rollerdonna, now you'll have a cuddly living animal snuggling up to you! It's worth the walk and it won't be long before he's potty trained.

Boy, I don't know how they sounded but those two guys surely looked a lot like Paul and John.

Going to be a beautiful day here in upper East Tennessee. Am going down to Clinton for Saturday and Sunday. It will be good for me for a myriad of reasons not the least of which is it might be a cure for some cabin fever. I absolutely love my home but it's still nice to experience a change of venue for a day or two.

Hope everyone has a great run-up to the weekend and as always, prayers and good wishes are directed to all!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Default Friday is Here

A late good morning to you. No jackets here, that's for sure! The heat continues.

People are crowding all the possible view sites to see the Endeavor fly in to Los Angeles. I will watch it on television.

Keith went to Riverside again today. He just called and is on the way home. He's not going there on Saturday, so we will do something. Don't know what. I need to go put on my face so I can go out for a decent lunch.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:19 PM
First Mate

Another gorgeous day here in south Texas. Sunny with much milder temps.

My brother showed up unexpectedly early this morning to cut down a dead, nagging pine that was too close to my house. I have been wanting to get it cut down for the past year now but no one to do it. It's right up next to my satellite, wood fence and next door neighbors cars!! It was quite a trick for him to get it cut down without knocking down the fence, hitting any cars, my house or the satellite dish. My neighbors were thrilled to see it cut down and came out to visit with us and lend a better ladder. A great day!! One more nagging tree to get down, and we're done. No worries, my back yard is full of many more trees.

Just two weeks to go and I leave for Dallas..Then on to Hawaii a few days later! I have so much to do. I have no idea of how im going to downsize my luggage!! It will have to be done though because i refuse to pay for 2 checked bags TWICE..once from here to Dallas and then again from Dallas to Hawaii later..I plan to have only one checked bag and not oversized. Does anyone know what the weight restriction is now for checked bags on AA?

Everyone have a great day!!

snorklr45

CarnivalTriumph