Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday, one day closer to puppy time in Pictou!

Hope you're getting your rest this morning Rollerdonna and James. It all comes to a halt very soon as it is almost puppy time!

Of course, that a perfect excuse to have a party and open a case of wine. Notice I said case and not bottle 'cause you're probably going to need the former much more than just the latter.

Seriously, I'm sure you can't wait and the "Puppy parent puppy stumbling dance" won't last long! Of course, while it does..................................

Have got to get back to work if I'm going away for the weekend so I guess that means a second hydrocodone but you got's to do what you got's to do. I'm at minimum dosage so I've a ways and hopefully more than a few years to go before I get to the "20mg washed down with bourbon stage."

Should have already been done with "My Life in the NYPD" by James "Jimmy the Wags" Wagner but I keep putting it off finishing it. You have to have been on the job back then to really appreciate the book (which would leave today's average citizen aghast) as they'd never get away with today what they got away with back then but there again, you wouldn't have probably a quarter of your problems. I know I'm sick, but one of my favorite parts is just visualizing when they cleaned out the balcony of what used to be the venerated Fillmore with (and I mean this) real electric cattle prods. I laughed 'til the tears were rolling down my face or the time the guy in the apartment pulled out a large kitchen knife and instead of saying a word and negotiating over three days, one of the officers just nonchalantly unholstered the sidearm of back then and put six rounds right through the guy's heart. As one of the other cops remarked, "We won't have to worry about him again." Yep, sometimes it takes a really sick sense of humor.

Let's put it this way, you would have NEVER had the Wall Street protests back then! Just the thought makes me laugh out loud.

Thank God I wasn't like that but I knew more than a few who were and I knew enough lawmen who needlessly died that I don't feel guilty at all.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend wherever you are.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning Todd, you are right, today is Puppy Day, and we are sooo excited. I know I probably had my last night of good sleep for a long while, and I will be spending a lot of time on my knees cleaning up little puddles, but I don't care! How can you resist a face like that?

By the way, his name has been decided, "Griffin", after the Griffin Inn and Pub where James grew up in North Wales UK.

We will be headed out soon on this miserable gray rainy morning, it's about an hour and a half drive to pick him up. Then we will be in puppy heaven for the rest of the day!

donna
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Admiral

First off; Happy 28th anniversary to my dear hubby, where has the time gone!
Donna…. if that isn’t a face of an angle I don’t know what is, I want to kiss my computer screen!
Happy Saturday everyone!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from the great state of Texas. We will be warming up today, so I guess that is a little bit of left over summer.

Yea, Donna, puppy day. It is going to be so much fun.

Todd, Have fun, but be careful.

Aero, Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby.

Not much going on here. Josh has the day off, so he is sleeping, Jim has gone fishing, and I am sitting here needing to get up and do something.

I hope all of you have a safe, and enjoyable day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 22nd, 2012, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Mrs. Ari and I went out for lunch today in the beach community close to where we reside.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Admiral

Rollerdonna, good luck with your "new arrival" Griffen. Having a puppy is so much fun but yes, it is a lot of work until they are "trained". I miss my Brandy and Muffy every day. No more dogs since Rob and I leave town a lot to visit our daughters' and their families and to travel. Brandy and Muffy would cry and not eat every time we left town. It would have been great if we could have found somebody to watch, when we left town, and could care for our dogs as much as we did! I'll just have to wait for a "granddoggie!" Have a great day, fellow cruisemates.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Rollerdonna, Griffin is adorable!!!