Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday and I Slept!

Morning Mates, Griffin is home and all is well.
Believe it or not, he slept through the night without a peep; it was Emma who had me up most of the night panting in fear of the incredible thunder and lightning storm. Griffin slept peacefully through it all!
So far he has been really good, follows us or Emma everywhere and if I say "No!" to him, Emma reinforces it with a bark and he listens!

As predicted though, Lucy the cat is not thrilled with the new addition. She took one look and made a beeline for the top of the kitchen cupboards and I don't think she will be down for days...

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; September 23rd, 2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: photo
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Glad to hear that Griffin is doing well in his new home. Lucy looks scared of the little one. Emma seems ready to teach the little one "the ropes". I think they will all do well together.
Welcome Home Griffin. You got a good forever home.

Laura.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:30 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Well, Fall has arrived. Betty awoke this morning with frost on her pumpkins.
The first real frost of the year hit so the Fall shutdown will now be in full force. Since we were gone for most of the Summer we didn't plant any flowers or a garden so it was nice not worry about covering up anything.

We spent yesterday pet sitting while my sister and BIL went to watch their grandson's play football. We also made a little shopping trip to take some things back and, of course, we made a stop at Costco since we were in the area. Boy was that store crowded but I was happy that we only spent $48. It could be a new record low for Costco.

Today, my niece and family are coming over for Sunday dinner. I'm making Lasagna, salad and gluten free cheese cake. With the flour I use you can't tell the difference in the crust.

I can't eat after 10:00 p.m. tonight because tomorrow morning I go in and have my knee surgery. They'll pull out the wires and then find out why it isn't doing what it is supposed to be doing. Hopefully it is just the hardware that is causing the problem and they won't have to repair the meniscus. If it's just the hardware I will only have a couple of weeks of recovery but if it's the meniscus then it's six to eight weeks and PT. I'll know the final verdict on Monday afternoon. It's just a one day surgery and just local anesthesia so I don't expect a repeat of last December's, three day screw up.

Donna: Glad to see Griffin is home and getting settled in. Emma will be a good trainer for her. We've enjoyed having my sister's dogs here. One is a golden retriever and the other is a Yorkshire, "pocket puppy".

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and a wonderful upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday and I Slept

Good morning. looks like Mr. Sun got up the same time I did.

Donna, the puppy is adorable and the cat is, too!

Well, my trip to Costa Mesa yesterday was aborted. The one rare Saturday that Keith stays home, I get sick! I seem to be fine this morning, so maybe the shopping trip is on.

Mike, good luck tomorrow,

Have a good day, people.

Judy