Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Default Power of Prayers

I want to thank everyone who has prayed for my friend who was critically ill .She had been to the point where her family was told prayer is the only option .Today she is responding to the medications and treatments and her doctors hope she can return home in about 2 weeks .
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Admiral

I am sorry I missed the original posting about your friend and I am happy that she is doing much better and will be returning home soon! The very power of prayer is visible and comforting and the results are a blessing! Add my prayers to her regaining her health!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 24th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Admiral

Default My friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk View Post
I am sorry I missed the original posting about your friend and I am happy that she is doing much better and will be returning home soon! The very power of prayer is visible and comforting and the results are a blessing! Add my prayers to her regaining her health!

My friend is a resident of Texas . She was born and raised in NY but relocated to a Dallas suburb approximately 2 years ago . She and her husband are Tea Party members . We debate politics in a civil manner .

Two years ago I had spine surgery and she and members of her church prayed for me.

A few weeks ago she was diagnosed with cancer .I have personally prayed more than I ever have in my life ,possibly because of certain questions I have with religion ,questions I was tempted to post on CM but I fear I would offend too many people.

One person on CM contacted me and asked for my friends name so that she could pray for her ,as opposed to praying for "Lakers Fans" friend .I truly appreciated that .
Old September 24th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Admiral

I'll send a pm to you....

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 24th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Nothing beats the collective strength of people wishing you the best, and a prayer...many on this site, including myself, have been the recipeient of them,and I have to tell you..we are all blessed..I am glad your friend is on the road to her way home.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 24th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Admiral

Like Mehawk, I also missed the original post, and reflect his comments.

I pray for her continued and full recovery.

Alan.

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

It is truely wonderful news of your friends inprovement. I will continue with my prayers.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Admiral

I too will continue with my prayers as I really don't know what I would have done had it not been for all of your prayers when Fran died.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean