Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday opens as a winner

At least here in upper East Tennessee, it will be a perfect Fall day if a bit warm. Hope yours goes well.

Special wishes and prayers for those suffering illnesses or other problems.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Morning Todd, here's something guaranteed to put a smile on your face this Tuesday morning:

Every chance he gets, Griffin will try to sleep on Emma; he particularly likes her tail.
Meanwhile, it's 3 days and counting that Lucy the cat has not come down from the kitchen cupboards. She is not impressed.

Today I am off to aquafitness and hoping for some relief from this chronic lower backache.
All this bending over with puppy doesn't help...

Wishing you all a great Tuesday!

donna
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning Todd and Donna and all to follow! It is a bit warmer this morning but at least it is not as hot as it was last month. I need a cruise!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Surgery went well. I did have to go into "La La Land" (not Los Angeles) because the spinal block only numbed my right leg. The left knee is the one they were going to work on.

However it was just the, ever popular, Versed and Phentolyn mix. So no bad effects other than a dead right leg for two hours.

They removed the hardware, wires and pins, that were around the patella and shaved down the cartilage under the patella (knee cap) so we'll see if that was causing the problems. Otherwise all was well but he could tell there had been a severe sprain to the meniscus in the last few months.

Now I just take it easy for the next week. I have the full immobilizer on it and it hurts somewhat but nothing bad. I should start PT in a couple of weeks and be at full strength by December when we head to Asia.

Donna: I hope the kitty starts to get used to Griffin (why do I always think "Merv" when I see or type that?)

Michael. Nice to see you online.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Up early to go on a trail ride with my girlfriend. It's been awhile since I rode so I'm pretty sure the old legs will hurt tonight.
Have a good day everyone.

Mike ...Feel better.
Donna....Love the kitty!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Texas, where it is warmer, but not bad.

I was able to get so much done around the house yesterday. I have a rough time trying to get things done, but yesterday was great.

Last night we were watching the game, and I decided to go and take a shower. Suddenly I heard this horrible yelling, and screaming. Before I knew it, Jim and Josh were in the bathroom with me.

Because of a very bad call by the ref, the game had been lost. I had to laugh not at the game, but at my family.

Donna, Griffin looks so much like Bella at that age. I to think of Merv when I see the name. I hope you can get some relief for your back today.

Todd, Love you

I have some running around to do today, and then a new book to read. I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A bureau of tourism day here...banner fall weather, with some red, golds and oranges starting to show.

I went to the Doctor yesterday, and brought along my elderly knees to be x-rayed. It remains to be seen if these crackling twins, will need to be operated on, or, if the long needle of cortesone will shoot them up. I also got my flu shot...

I don't have the kids today...Aoden fell off his bike, Sunday,and broke his front tooth..very traumatic.Yesterday his smile returned, with the help of a great dentist, and bondo!

Off to lunch with a friend today, who is a knitter. I was able to bring her rufflle scarves into my store and they are selling nicely, good for her.

Donna, the dog we lost last spring, was the same exact color as yours....love it...go get a ladder for your kitty!

Make it a good one.PS Michael..love seeing your name again!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; September 25th, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning, friends! Been a while since I've posted on the morning thread. I'm still recovering from our Alaska cruise. I don't adjust to time changes as quickly as I used to. After reading Trip's description of Boston, I think that is where I want to be!

Donna, love the pics! Poor Lucy, still trying to figure out what she did to warrant this new pest!

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. Not much going on this morning. My ears are plugged up. I just love allergy season, not. Not much on my agenda today.

I hope you heal quickly, Mike.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Opens as a Winner

Good morning. Hot as you-know-what again.

Donna, what an adorable picture! Can you bring the cat down and hold her in your lap for a while? The new dog's color is what, apricot? So sweet!

I couldn't get on Chat last night. I hope as the week wears on, there's instructions as to what to do. How do I get these tabs off the bottom of my screen? Very annoying!

Darlene, nice to see you posting.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:32 PM
First Mate

Hi all, a mid to upper 60's day with rain in the forecast. DH leaves for work 4 hours early tonight, so a quiet (er) evening expected with just me and the dogs. Spent a couple of days in Toledo (Hi KellyKayden) while my DD#1 had a medical conference. Her DH did not want to go and she did not want to go alone. So, I shopped and lazed around the hotel! Now, back to reality and the household. Did clean and sweep yesterday and, as Mike M. does, took a brain vacation yesterday afternoon. Still waiting on thyroid meds to kick in! Hi Todd and Luanne, hope your day goes well. RD - what a cutie you have in Griffin. Our older dog also merely tolerated the younger dog when we brought her home. Now, they do get along quite well. Sorry the cat is not interested in joining in. Love the pics, though! Mike M - glad surgery seemed to go well. Hope your recovery is swift. Trip - hope you get good news on the cracklin' twins. I know the feeling as mine crack and ache, too! Hope all have a good day!
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Happy Tuesday to everyone ,yes even ........
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan View Post
Happy Tuesday to everyone ,yes even ........
You are to funny.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old September 25th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Are we supposed to know who that blank is for?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 25th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Are we supposed to know who that blank is for?

I think so .LuAnne thinks its for her but I assure her its not .
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Admiral

I didn't say it was me. You never have trouble naming me. I just thought it was funny you would send a message to an unknown.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old September 25th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Admiral

Default LuAnne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
I didn't say it was me. You never have trouble naming me. I just thought it was funny you would send a message to an unknown.

I was referring to a male with 6 letters in his first name .
Old September 25th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Admiral

If I were an UNFL replacement rep I'd darn well have my wife start the car in the morning!

Found out a lot at my medical appointment this morning, some I just knew, others I wasn't really sure about. Although not by far terrible, there was nothing about which to gleefully write home with the exception that my new Bi-Pap mask arrived and I think it might be the ticket. Will find out whithin a few days.

I've a severe kidney infection (already had figured that out). Now instead of 19 meds a day I'm up to 20 (thank God temporarily). That is of course if I remember to take them.

The back will never again not only be normal but will only get worse (didn't want to hear that but knew the answer). I'll undoubtedly be on pain meds the rest of my life....oh joy.

Respiratory is worse than I expected. Hope Bi Pap will maybe alleviate some of that.

I may well have had a light stroke. (No surprise there either)

I'm not that upset (angry yes, upset no) simply because I'm 65 and coming to the end of my life. Being an historian (self taught though I may be), I know what's coming.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Admiral

Todd, did you receive my PM? Please keep your emotions upbeat and trust in our God. Keep care of yourself also.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Admiral

Love you Todd.