Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning!

Morning Mates, it's a sunny and still mild one here in Pictou County, not a bad start to October.
I am off to aquafitness this morning, hopefully it will give me some relief from this chronic back pain.
The saga continues in the story of Griffin and Lucy. Lucy is now mostly on terra firma, and will actually walk by him if he is calm. But when he's on one of his "rampages" she sits up on the furniture and scowls at him while he barks at her!
Here is today's photo of Griffin looking adorable in the "sailor's" bandana that my friend bought for him:

He looks ready for cruising!

donna
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and all our friends to follow! I hope your back gets the relief that you desire. Great day here in Space City thus far. Temps are trying to edge back up into the mid 80s and I do so look forward to the lower temps of late fall. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Another day closer to my FL trip and I better get in gear and start packing. I called my friend to just to check and see if she has an iron and I was shocked when she said no! Who doesnít have an iron?
I then picked a small travel iron up at Target. I pretty much iron everything excluding my undergarments!

Iím thinking the drywall should be up today since the tappers are due tomorrow so let hope all goes as planned. I hope they finish before I leave so I can tidy up all the dust that get created during the sanding. I want to come home to a somewhat clean house.

Have a blessed day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

RD, since I'm back home, I get tos ee all the cute pics that you been posting. Now I hope that you can get rid of your pain.

Aerogirl, I do hope the the workers finish your house on time. It's would be nice for you to come home to a clean house.

Have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning

A not so good morning. The phone rang, Keith got up to answer it, lost his balance and fell into a large glass floor vase. He cut himself on broken glass and got some pretty good "carpet burn" on his elbow. Scarey but certainly could have been a lot worse. The phone call? A damned recorded message! I'm still shaking!

Another hot day, will take the rest of the week to cool down. After that, I hope Fall is here.

I hope the rest of the day is uneventful.

Judy

Old October 2nd, 2012, 04:33 PM
Admiral

Boy, that is a true bummer, Judy and boy is Keith lucky. Hope he remains okay although I'm sure he'll be feeling the effects either later today or in the morning.

Speaking of recorded messages, I'll be so glad when November gets here. It's got to the point that for the first time, I'm actually trying to determine whose calling before I answer. To make matters even worse, it sure appears they've stopped enforcing that "Don't call" law. I have it both at home and on my cell and I still keep getting them from businesses with which I've never dealt. Contrary to popular belief of many, it doesn't need to be periodically renewed but I might try that anyway. Also more people should send in phone numbers of violators. Non profits and of course politicos are exempt.

It was supposed to be rainy today but even now though it's become very cloudy, it was a gorgeous day. Ran some errands today in my rental car (mine is in the shop getting the bumper replaced (Wal-Mart parking lot, of course and of course whomever hit it left a note to get in touch ) and maybe it's age, but I swear, it's truly all I can do just to get into and out of the Ford Focus they gave me. As a matter of fact that goes for most of today's cars. I know I'm getting old but even so, is it just me or does anyone else consistently have that problem? Even though it's probably no larger, I don't have half the problem (although it certainly isn't easy) getting into or out of DeAnna's BMW. Guess it's just one of the vagaries of getting old.

Hope everyone East of the Mississippi had a great day and those to the West are having a good one.

Of course prayers and best wishes continue for those on the list (no, I haven't forgot).
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Judy, I hope Keith feels better.

I recently renewed my mom's Do Not Call number because she's been driven nuts lately. I don't know if it will help.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Moraine i did that today as well....it's been getting worse. I was told the ban lasts 6 years...nuff already.(

Judy, glad it wasn't worse for Keith..scary though...

Today I made an apple pie, fried eggplant ,and some eggy chesse muffin thingys Phew...

Foliage here is exremely bright,& a bit early..we usually peak mid October. Had to have been a combo of our crazy weather conditions, this year.

Make it a good night...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator