Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Keeping track

This question is for those who book multi cruises.

I have 5 cruises booked and charge them to only one credit card since it gives my extra points for travel.

I had to setup a spreadsheet to keep track of down payments, insurance, air travel, excursions, transfers, final payments, etc. Then keeping track, if applies, OBC from cruiseline, TA, Shareholders, future cruise credits, or specialty restaurant credit, gratuity credit and extra perks from one cruiseline to another from loyalty status.

How do you keep track?

O F C'er
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The only other person I know who does that is Katlady...Everything I do, I print and keep in a folder.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 6th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFartCruiser View Post
This question is for those who book multi cruises.

I have 5 cruises booked and charge them to only one credit card since it gives my extra points for travel.

I had to setup a spreadsheet to keep track of down payments, insurance, air travel, excursions, transfers, final payments, etc. Then keeping track, if applies, OBC from cruiseline, TA, Shareholders, future cruise credits, or specialty restaurant credit, gratuity credit and extra perks from one cruiseline to another from loyalty status.

How do you keep track?

O F C'er
My TA and her staff keep track; I just follow directions. Of course, it is easier that I only use two cruise lines so that I can go to "my account" page and see dates for booking excursions, dining, etc.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old October 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

I will be on a TA later this month and one couple has 20 upcoming cruises. Yes 20.

I monitor all my cruises on another website (you know which site) for meet & mingles, private excursions, pax planned activities, etc. The couple w/20 cruises are organizing a discussion session for keeping track of things. Posted here to see if anyone had ideas I could bring along to the discussion session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The only other person I know who does that is Katlady...Everything I do, I print and keep in a folder.
Trip, printing & folders work, but so 20th century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
My TA and her staff keep track; I just follow directions. Of course, it is easier that I only use two cruise lines so that I can go to "my account" page and see dates for booking excursions, dining, etc.
Marc, these 5 cruises are on 2 lines (RCL & Celebrity), also use other lines at times. I see what you are saying with 1 TA all charges go thru them and they can keep track of OBC & other promotional offers for you. I use multi TAs, wherever the best bottomline price is. As noted above, I sign up for private excursions, onboard activities & other get togethers that I also have to keep straight from one cruise to another.

O F C'er
Old October 7th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Between my cruiseline account, bank account and whiteboard, I am able to keep up with everything.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.