CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Monday!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/392306-monday.html)

mehawk October 8th, 2012 08:02 AM

Monday!!

Good MOnday morning to my Cruisemates friends! Space City, USA has an overcast and chilly start to it but a warmer week is expected. There is nothing special happening so I will wish all a great day today and... GO TEXANS!!!!

rollerdonna October 8th, 2012 08:35 AM

Morning Michael, and Mates to follow. Today is officially Thanksgiving in Canada, although we celebrated it yesterday. I didn't manage to get any fall foliage pictures for you while travelling yesterday, but I did take one of the Thanksgiving pumpkin I decorated for my friends.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...55934409_n.jpg

We spent a nice afternoon with them, with the 4 dogs in attendance, it was a zoo at times, but hey, we are all animal lovers!

Today it is raining and dull, we'll probably stay home and just relax on this holiday, everything is closed anyway!

donna

mehawk October 8th, 2012 09:19 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian friends!

Mike M October 8th, 2012 09:41 AM

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all of Canadian contingent.

It is going to be another cool and dry day here in the Land of 10,000 Slowing Lowering Lakes. We really need rain going into the winter. I pulled the hose out yesterday and started soaking some of my smaller evergreens. Once the ground freezes they won't be getting much water to get through the Winter.

The agenda consists of waiting for Dish to come out and install my new Hopper system. They are supposed to be here between 1 and 3 today.

Two weeks ago we had a problem with our upstairs receiver. The hard drive was going out. We received a new one. It was DOA. We received a second one and it too was DOA (Dead On Arrival). Last Friday a technician was dispatched to find out what was going wrong. He tried the second receiver with no luck. He did not have another receiver of the same type in his truck. I wasn't happy at that time and got on the phone with his Supervisor. About ten minutes later I got a call and was informed that because of my problems they will install the Hopper system in the house for no additional charge. Not bad since, install is $100 and each "Joey" remote device for the TV's is an additional $7/month. Now all four TV's will be connected to satellite, we will be able to record six things at once, automatically skip commercials on network TV and record about 500 hours of HD programming. I'll take it. ;)

I also have to do some vacuuming and dusting so I better get to it. I can no longer play the invalid card and have Betty do it. :)

I hope everyone has a great Monday and wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

Aerogirl October 8th, 2012 11:25 AM

Good morning
Off to Tarpon springs in a few hours for some Greek food and a sponge!

ToddDH October 8th, 2012 05:50 PM

I tried to post earlier today but some kind of error message kept coming up and while I could reach everything else, I couldn't bring up Chit-Chat.

It's a raw day here, overcast and cool. I have even switched the heat pump to the "heat" setting.

Hope again that everyone North of the Border had a very "full filling" Thanksgiving as well as everyone who had today off, has a good rest of the work week.

Prayers for those on the list along with requests for Blessings upon all, continue.

Mike M October 8th, 2012 05:59 PM

There was a database problem and it had to be restored. It looks like some postings from earlier today are gone. This is because they were posted since the morning backup.

Repost if you need to.

Take care,
Mike

CruisinK n J October 8th, 2012 06:14 PM

Monday!

Good afternoon. I couldn't get on, either. We're having absolutely beautiful weather with rain expected this week. I don't know if I believe that.

Keith is outside doing some dry rot repairs that the termite inspector found. That must be done while there's no rain.

Have a good rest of the day!

Judy

Manuel October 8th, 2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1449927)
There was a database problem and it had to be restored. It looks like some postings from earlier today are gone. This is because they were posted since the morning backup.

Repost if you need to.

Take care,
Mike

Thanks for the info. I thought that the problem was at my end.

TM

Lakers Fan October 9th, 2012 12:00 AM

Good evening from chilly NY