CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Something is Wrong (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/392377-something-wrong.html)

Cruznut2 October 11th, 2012 09:24 AM

Something is Wrong

Has no one started a post on this page since October 2? That is the latest date I can find on this page. I have no threads that are marked unread. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Laura

Trackypup October 11th, 2012 12:08 PM

Way too many political threads taking over CM lately. Probably turning a lot of people off. When I look at new threads over 50% are political. Waste of time coming here lately and apparently a lot feel the same way.

ruthlessboss October 11th, 2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup (Post 1450338)
Way too many political threads taking over CM lately. Probably turning a lot of people off. When I look at new threads over 50% are political. Waste of time coming here lately and apparently a lot feel the same way.

Agree, the Debate threads have taken over. I don't care for them, they've got nothing to do with cruising. Don't spend much time here now.

Waiting4acruise October 11th, 2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruznut2 (Post 1450319)
Has no one started a post on this page since October 2? That is the latest date I can find on this page. I have no threads that are marked unread. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Laura

I have an excuse as I was on a cruise.

Cruznut2 October 11th, 2012 01:40 PM

So it says I am on page two of the chit chat forum. I have tried over and over to get topage one but it is useless. I just keep coming back here. I have clicked on the"1" over and over.
Laura

ruthlessboss October 11th, 2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruznut2 (Post 1450319)

Laura

I just tried it, it won't go back to page 1 nor will it advance to page 3.

Kuki October 11th, 2012 02:30 PM

I'm no "techie", and I'm not experiencing the problem, so it's difficult for me to give an answer. But I suggest scrolling down to "Display Options" , and change the "show from" date.

Paul Motter October 11th, 2012 03:28 PM

There was a database failure where they had to restore the messages from a backup.

ship2shore October 11th, 2012 03:59 PM

CruzNut > Try my fix: Go to "User CP" and use the Forum Jump function. It works for me, and I have had the problem many times.

Paul Motter October 11th, 2012 04:04 PM

FYI:

That "Forum Jump" feature is on every page, even this one, but it is pretty far down towards the bottom.

ship2shore October 11th, 2012 06:44 PM

The problem is still there. I just got shunted to page 3.

FYI: Forum Jump only solves the problem when used from a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT page, like "User CP".

belgique October 12th, 2012 12:57 AM

No - every time I go to Chat, it goes automatically to page 6 - cannot back up, cannot get recent news. Hoping someone reads this - I'm having withdrawal! It's been like this for about 3 weeks.

ruthlessboss October 12th, 2012 09:17 AM

Can't get page 1 of anything. :mad:

Mike M October 12th, 2012 10:47 AM

The tech people are working on the problem.

If you can clear your cookies, cache and history it may fix the problem.

In IE

Click Tools > Internet Options > Under Browsing History click "Delete" > Check all except "Passwords" > Click Delete button at bottom.

In Chrome

Click the three horizontal lines in the upper right of the screen: Right under the red X > Click History > Click Clear All Browsing Data > Click Clear Browsing Data.

Hopefully this will take care of your problem.

Take care,
Mike

Cruznut2 October 13th, 2012 03:46 AM

I went to user cp and it works for me. So that is how I will move about the forum until they get the bugs worked out. Thanks everyone.

Laura

rayb October 13th, 2012 10:12 AM

All seems to be fine now.

katlady October 13th, 2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1450454)
The tech people are working on the problem.

In IE

Click Tools > Internet Options > Under Browsing History click "Delete" > Check all except "Passwords" > Click Delete button at bottom.

In Chrome

Click the three horizontal lines in the upper right of the screen: Right under the red X > Click History > Click Clear All Browsing Data > Click Clear Browsing Data.

Hopefully this will take care of your problem.

Take care,
Mike

I cleared my cookies it still put me on page 3 and won't allow me to go to page one. So it's not a cookie problem on Mozilla your site is the only one I'm having problems with to it all issue here not on my end.

Phil&Liz October 13th, 2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1450454)
Mike

When one logs out the message appears
"vBulletin Message
All cookies cleared!
Return to the page you were previously viewing
Go to forums index "

Mike M October 13th, 2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil&Liz (Post 1450696)
When one logs out the message appears
"vBulletin Message
All cookies cleared!
Return to the page you were previously viewing
Go to forums index "

Most regular users do not log out.

Take care,
Mike

Trip October 13th, 2012 08:29 PM

I am not having issues,and hopefully soon, all will be okey dokey....never understood why anyone would log out...

Cruznut2 October 14th, 2012 04:42 AM

I never log out Trip. The problem comes when I come into this or any forum here. They open up on page two and I could not get to page one. Now I can by going to user cp.

Laura

ship2shore October 14th, 2012 01:25 PM

Sunday Afternoon (October 14) and the problem is still persisting for me.

If more than one user is reporting problems, it is NOT an individual cache issue.