CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Does anyone miss Lakers Fan? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/392601-does-anyone-miss-lakers-fan.html)

Manuel October 20th, 2012 11:24 PM

Does anyone miss Lakers Fan?

I certainly do.

I allways foung his posts interesting.

TM

mehawk October 21st, 2012 07:40 AM

What is going on with him? Is he doing ok or do you know?

anniegb October 21st, 2012 08:36 AM

Hi Manuel

I had noticed his absence unless he has changed his handle??

There is so much politics on this forum, understandbly, just now - maybe he is having a vacation from it.

On the politics front I am thoroughly bored with our little Scottish Independence Referundum and we have another 2 years to go.:roll:

The USA, to an interested outsider, just finishes with one Presidential election and then the next campaign seems to start almost immediatel

Annie

green_rd October 21st, 2012 09:22 AM

Isn't he heading to Bermuda - LF doesn't tag his upcoming cruises.

Trackypup October 21st, 2012 09:53 AM

He was around last week. He "liked" a couple of my posts

Manuel October 21st, 2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehawk (Post 1451885)
What is going on with him? Is he doing ok or do you know?

He is doing OK. He is not able to post at this time.

TM

Trip October 21st, 2012 11:03 AM

When you do the crime, you gotta do the time.:wink: I'm sure he will be back soon.

anniegb October 21st, 2012 12:50 PM

Hi Manuel

Let LF know, I for one look forward to his return.

Annie

Manuel October 21st, 2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniegb (Post 1451957)
Hi Manuel

Let LF know, I for one look forward to his return.

Annie

I will do that.

TM

Manuel October 23rd, 2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1451922)
When you do the crime, you gotta do the time.:wink: I'm sure he will be back soon.

Sometimes no crime is commited and an inocent person still does the time.

Lakers Fan may not be back so soon.

TM

Kuki October 24th, 2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1452311)
Sometimes no crime is commited and an inocent person still does the time.TM

Sadly that's not the case here. Severl warnings were given for breaking the rules, and he chose to ignore them.

Rather he chose to publicly argue the points on our boards.

He received a suspension. Not a lifetime ban (as he tried to say).

There are rules, and they apply to everyone. No one can simply do and say whatever they want on the message boards. No one has any right to come in and tell the site what the rules should be.

You can't attack other posters at will, and you can't argue the rules when you've been told you broke them.

It would be unfortunate if Laker's Fan decided not to return to be a part of this community. But, if so, it simply means he is unwilling to respect our rules of the road. That is his choice to make.

mehawk October 24th, 2012 07:16 AM

Ahhhh! So, Manuel spun the question eh? Made it appear as if LF was in need.

Manuel October 24th, 2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehawk (Post 1452349)
Ahhhh! So, Manuel spun the question eh? Made it appear as if LF was in need.

He was in need of moral support.
I don't get involved in what rules Kuki is talking about.
I am not a moderator.

TM

PS. I do hope that Lakers Fan does post again

mehawk October 24th, 2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1452370)
He was in need of moral support.
I don't get involved in what rules Kuki is talking about.
I am not a moderator.

TM

PS. I do hope that Lakers Fan does post again

Manny, don't get me wrong, I am not hating on you or anybody... just amused that is all.
:roll:

Manuel October 24th, 2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehawk (Post 1452404)
Manny, don't get me wrong, I am not hating on you or anybody... just amused that is all.
:roll:

I did not feel hated at all. The way I see it you are allways a fair person.

TM

Aerogirl October 24th, 2012 06:37 PM

Seems I miss some stuff since Iv'e been gone. I also noticed no one missed me:-( Oh well !

Trip October 24th, 2012 07:14 PM

Some time life gets in the way,and sometimes, it's for good things..your sunny posts have been missed....!

Luanne Russo October 24th, 2012 08:24 PM

I agree with Trip. I missed you too.

Manuel October 24th, 2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1452447)
Seems I miss some stuff since Iv'e been gone. I also noticed no one missed me:-( Oh well !

Your posts were missed for sure.

TM

Aerogirl October 24th, 2012 10:50 PM

I'm just messing with ya guys! I have been very busy with good things going on.

Manuel October 25th, 2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1452475)
I'm just messing with ya guys! I have been very busy with good things going on.

That's great news.

TM

ToddDH October 25th, 2012 04:18 AM

Robin, has hubby finally pulled the pin? I hope so!

Will October 25th, 2012 09:27 PM

How long is he in time out?

We need him in the football pool

Trip October 25th, 2012 09:29 PM

He can post now, if he is so inclined.

Manuel October 25th, 2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1452576)
He can post now, if he is so inclined.

I hope that he does.

TM

Aerogirl October 25th, 2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddDH (Post 1452487)
Robin, has hubby finally pulled the pin? I hope so!

Yes he did in June!

Lakers Fan October 26th, 2012 10:43 AM

Thank You ,Manuel

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1451858)
I certainly do.

I allways foung his posts interesting.

TM

An explanation for my not posting :

Kuki banned me for 10 days and added 2 additional days . Supposedly because of my political stance and that I posted a quote from the movie National Lampoon's Animal House .

When I joined CM my screen name was Canarsie43 .However I forgot my password and re-registered as Henry 43 .
During the 10 day ban I discovered that Canarsie 43 was still usable and I used it to explain that I was banned ,thus causing an additional 2 days .
I've been told by Kuki that if a person receives 6 infractions that constitutes a lifetime ban .I've received 7 .
I cannot continue to post on CM ,it will be like "walking on eggshells."
The only way I would continue would be if Kuki removes the 7 infractions .If he chooses to do so I will no longer post anything political.

During the time I've been away I've been working on a literary blog .A friend of mine has a blog that is read by people all over the world .
This sunday I am doing a guest blog under my real name .Manuel read a rough draft a few days ago .
If anyone is interested in reading the blog you can send me a PM and if Kuki has not permanently banned me I will respond sunday night (unless hurricane Sandy hits here) .
If you have my e-mail address and want the link to the blog please e-mail me .

Should this be my last post I want to thank CM for allowing me to meet some wonderful people .

I've met Manuel and his wife socially 7 times and they will be lifelong friends .
I've gotten to know Todd re telephone and hope one day to be able to meet him in person .
I've met Tom and his wife (people who post on occasion) and they are wonderful people .
I've been e-mailing lately with a female regular and I will continue to do so .
People who I enjoy posting to include:Moderator Donna ,Moraine ,Bob ,Kat ,Aerogirl and others .

I wish everyone a wonderful life with health and happiness .

Kuki October 26th, 2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

When I joined CM my screen name was Canarsie43 .However I forgot my password and re-registered as Henry 43 .
During the 10 day ban I discovered that Canarsie 43 was still usable and I used it to explain that I was banned ,thus causing an additional 2 days .

Well, that's an "interesting" interpretation of events :)

First off I'll address your post under user name Canrasie 43. That post ONLY addressed a complaint about Paul and the way he chooses to manage the message board policies.

NOWHERE in that post did you mention getting banned, or that you were posting about your "other user name" Lakers Fan. Nor did you even identify yourself as Lakers Fan.

We keep all questionable posts in a folder that all staff can see. All of the posts that were deleted, and posts you were given warnings about are there.

No posts are ever deleted because of political views (in the Open Debate forum). However, personal attacks are infractions; whether the personal attacks are made against other posters, or moderators and staff.

After the initial infractions were given, you simply continued to complain about receiving them, in your posts.

If anyone wants to question the policies of how the message boards are operated, they are free to do so via private email.

However, for people to assume they are free to do so on our message boards only proves a lack of understanding of the rules, and shows disrepect for a site (and it's established rules) that is provided to you to use free of charge.

Infraction points expire after 12 months.

You were in fact given several warnings before you were given any infractions. After receiving

Luanne Russo October 26th, 2012 12:15 PM

Laker's Fan, I wanted to post and wish you well in whatever you decide to do. It has not always been easy communicating with you, but I did learn something, so that's a good thing.

Take care, and God Bless

ship2shore October 26th, 2012 01:25 PM

Soon there will be nobody left, and no reason to post.
The moderators can talk amongst themselves.