Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!

Morning Mates, it is Friday, but already the start of my weekend, as it is an "in-service" day at school today - no kids!
I will start my day off with aquafitness, since I never made it through yesterday's class due to some weird intestinal bug.

After swimming, I think I will just enjoy my day off!
Hoping everone is well and headed into a great weekend, especially my old friend Cruwysie who is headed out for a cruise.
All those in the path of Sandy, stay safe!

donna
p.s. I typed this whole thing with one finger on one hand, as Griffin is sound asleep on my other arm!
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, Griffin, and all those to follow. Well, we finally received our cooler weather. It feels so nice to have fresh air coming through the windows. The only problem is we didn't get any rain.

Not much going on today. I bought the stuff yesterday to make homemade veggie soup, so I will put that in the crockpot this morning.

Josh is working, and Jim is as well. I don't have much planned, but Jim is involved with something this weekend, that I think is so special. As all of you know, we have many deployed soldiers, and wounded ones. Their children who are of age to hunt, but can't because they don't have a parent to go with them, will be taken by other hunters, so they don't miss out. These hunts are done on post, in a very controlled situation.

Two weeks ago, they took children to fish.

I hope all of you stay safe. I know those of you on the east coast must be watching the skies, so we wish you the very best.

Have a good weekend all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna, Luanne and all of our friends to follow! Yes!!! The cold weather has arrived! Like Luanne stated, it is nice to have some fresh, cool air coming in from the windows! I think of those who are cruising right now, who took their cruises from Galveston. It was in the 80s when they left and now it will be in the 50s upon their return. Bbrrrrr!! Enjoy it while you can!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:01 AM
First Mate

Good morning all. As the prior posters stated, we are also cooler and in gloomy rain this morning. High around 50!

Glad you are feeling better RD. Luanne, how nice of the other available hunters to take the kids with parents deployed out for the day. There are several avid hunters in both our families, but not either of us!

Hi mehawk. Sounds like you have temps near ours, even though miles upon miles separate us.

Hope all have a good day!
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
We had sun, now we don't...close to 60..and tomorrow, even warmer. What a difference a day makes, this time yesterday, they were expecting us to take a huge hit, now it seems Sandy, will be taking a turn, not giving us quite the punch, but hitting the mid Atlantic...no winners though along the east coast for sure.

It seems we have a mouse in the house,and this princess is not a happy camper. The thought just makes me squeamish.What doesn't help, is a scene form a show I watched the other day....2 guys readying a house to be demolished, came across a mouse giving birth...that is etched in my mind now. I won't rest till I here that click of the trap, and he is caught. I heard the click, but the bum wasn't in it..!!

Ok Kids...make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 26th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday

Good morning. Keith and I are up early to make a 9:30 appt. in Orange County.

Looks to be a nice day. It's been in the 80's and will ratchet up on Saturday and Sunday. Still shorts and flip flop weather here.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............

No sun here.......dark & cool.....oh well.......

Trip.....hope ya catch the mouse.....they are sneaky little buggers........

Mehawk.......nice to see ya posting......I know I'm a bit slow......

Luanne.......sounds like Jim has his hands full........hope he enjoys.........& thasnks for the welcome back.....

Hope the east coast is safe & sound.....you are in our thoughts.......

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Question

Good morning
What a difference a day made Ö70ís yesterday 40ís this morning!
Luanne a pot of veggie soup sounds extra yummy.

So I have a question for everyone, D/S came home from school yesterday and told me that they have locked all the restroom doors for the males. If you need to use the restroom you have to wait until 3:00pm when school lets out. The kids were told because the boys get into too much trouble with smoking in the boys room so the privilege gas been taken away. Are they kidding? So I will be bypassing the school itself and calling the district because I canít see how they can be denied a basic human right. Any advice?

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Good morning
What a difference a day made Ö70ís yesterday 40ís this morning!
Luanne a pot of veggie soup sounds extra yummy.

So I have a question for everyone, D/S came home from school yesterday and told me that they have locked all the restroom doors for the males. If you need to use the restroom you have to wait until 3:00pm when school lets out. The kids were told because the boys get into too much trouble with smoking in the boys room so the privilege gas been taken away. Are they kidding? So I will be bypassing the school itself and calling the district because I canít see how they can be denied a basic human right. Any advice?
Start calling now. They can't do that. The kids have rights, and not going to the bathroom, and having to hold it, is not good for their health.

Suggest parents, to help montor the bathrooms, until the kids get the point.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old October 26th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Faced with a similar situation yearss ago, I went to principal and I told that if the situation did not change immediately I would have my lawyer take legal action.
The problem was solved.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Admiral

Interesting problem Aerogirl. I have a similar problem with the boys in my after school program (not smoking, just doing dumb stuff like climbing over the stalls, locking the door, stopping up the sink and flooding the floor, etc).
Now when I see more than one go to the bathroom, I go and join them; I stand in the doorway with the door open. I cannot see them at the urinal or in the toilet, but they know I am there listening and they do what they're supposed to do and leave.
I realize this is not an option for teachers in a big school, but maybe they could have parent monitors? Or passes, so whoever was there last is held accountable? It is sad that schools have to be so inflexible these days, but out of control behaviour requires drastic measures!

donna
Old October 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Admiral

I can't tell you how many times I have done that, Donna. Sometimes you have to resort to any means possible.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old October 26th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I can tell you that almost 60 years after the fact, of having a teacher who at her whim, would not allow us kids to use the bathroom, makes me angry. If this were happening to my kids, there would be hell to pay.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 26th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Admiral

I remember, as a child, my father telling me a story his mother had told him about her childhood, which would have had to be, say 1910 - 1915, where they had a teacher who wouldn't let them go to the bathroom either.

After asking politely several times, then resorting to begging, and, finally, crying, and still not being allowed to use the toilet, my grandmother went to the back of the room and urinated on the floor. She, of course, was humiliated, enough so to tell the story to my father when she was a grown woman.

My father grew up to be a teacher and always had compassion for his students in this regard, remembering the humiliation still living inside his own mother all those many years later.