CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Prayers Needed (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/393057-prayers-needed.html)

Lakers Fan November 14th, 2012 10:03 AM

Prayers Needed

A few weeks ago I asked for prayers for my friend who was diagnosed with lung cancer .Many of you responded and I thank you . However ,the cancer has spread to her spine and likely to the brain . I am asking everyone who is into prayer regardless of your religion to pray for her . If you need her name and you have my e-mail address please e-mail me. If you do not and send me a PM I will do that .

Thanking you in advance .

ruthlessboss November 14th, 2012 11:59 AM

This is identical to what just happened to my ex spouse, though i took care of him the whole time in my home. It's rough. There was pain, especially when the cancer worked it's way across the spine trying to get to the other lung. Can't tell you the volume of pain meds required till he gave up and hospice was required. They know a lot about pain and anxiety meds to settle him down. He at least finally passed comfortably with their help. At the last few days, they provided 24 hour a day nurses as his daughter and I were thoroughly wiped out physically and mentally. I don't know how advanced your friend is, but I'm now a believer in hospice, they see the signs of things even I didn't see nor understand (and I'm an RN). He passed this August.

katlady November 14th, 2012 01:33 PM

I'm sorry to hear your friend's cancer has progressed. I will keep her in my prayers. I sincerely hope it hasn't spread to her brain.

Manuel November 14th, 2012 01:40 PM

I am sending prayers as well.

TM

Kuki November 14th, 2012 03:00 PM

That is terribly sad for your friend, her family, and you.

I've lost several friends and family members to the spread of Cancer, and it's very difficult to go through for everyone involved.

I pray all of you are given the strength to get through all that is ahead.

Aerogirl November 14th, 2012 03:14 PM

My thought and prayers go out to her and all who love her. Sorry to hear this.

Trip November 14th, 2012 04:05 PM

I will pray, that your friend, gets the ease of pain, during these hard days ahead.

Lakers Fan November 14th, 2012 04:05 PM

Thanks everyone .

digitcamera November 14th, 2012 06:32 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of this news. Your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers.

ToddDH November 14th, 2012 11:22 PM

I am extremely saddened to learn of this turn of events. I so commiserate with you, your friend and her family. It's already been two years and a week since I lost Fran, yet it seems as if that day occurred merely a week ago. I so hope because of the abominable amount of pain she is enduring that her family does go the Hospice route. Such was unnecessary with Fran because she was not in pain while conscious and when she did progress to that stage, she was gone within 48 hours, never regaining consciousness. Ruthlessboss definitely has the best advice as anyone familiar with this horrific disease would attest.

Your friend has been and remains in my nightly prayers and I will now add the request that her end of life no longer be so consumed with pain and will be peaceful.

belgique November 15th, 2012 12:05 AM

Please know that prayers and hugs are going out to your friend and all those who love her.

Hospice enabled me to care for my husband at home and for him to be with his beloved friends, flowers, art, music, and his "perfect" cat.

It is a tough road - have faith and courage - God will provide the strength.

Cruznut2 November 15th, 2012 02:34 AM

Prayers and good thoughts on the way.

Laura

zactak November 15th, 2012 11:16 PM

I will raise your friend up in my prayers tonight.

Lakers Fan November 16th, 2012 10:28 AM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by zactak (Post 1455148)
I will raise your friend up in my prayers tonight.

With all due respect I do not understand how a person can be prayed for without knowing their name .

In my religion we use the name of the person and the name of their parents to ask God to pray for them.

Trip November 16th, 2012 10:35 AM

Henry with all due respect..when someone offers the gift of prayer, no matter how that person chooses to include them in their prayer... just say thank you....it's their gift to you and your friend.

Lakers Fan November 16th, 2012 10:46 AM

Trip

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1455207)
Henry with all due respect..when someone offers the gift of prayer, no matter how that person chooses to include them in their prayer... just say thank you....it's their gift to you and your friend.

I appreciate it but since only a few people who post here know my real name I cannot understand how they can say a prayer .

I am asking for understanding . I've received e-mails and PM's from people asking the name of my friend.

Trip November 16th, 2012 10:56 AM

Not knowing you by your real name, was a choice you made, one I never understood, really, but.... exactly like faiths...your way, may not be my way..you asked, and people responded, graciously.

Kuki November 16th, 2012 11:32 AM

My God knows everything. He watches the CM message boards; knows you, and who you are talking about, and by extension knows who I offered my prayers for.

If his internet was down, and my prayers were accidentally routed towards anoher family suffering through the same horrible situation, it wouldn't be SO bad.

Lakers Fan November 16th, 2012 11:47 AM

Kuki

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1455209)
I appreciate it but since only a few people who post here know my real name I cannot understand how they can say a prayer .

I am asking for understanding . I've received e-mails and PM's from people asking the name of my friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki (Post 1455218)
My God knows everything. He watches the CM message boards; knows you, and who you are talking about, and by extension knows who I offered my prayers for.

If his internet was down, and my prayers were accidentally routed towards anoher family suffering through the same horrible situation, it wouldn't be SO bad.

Point well made ,thank you.

Lakers Fan November 16th, 2012 11:49 AM

My name

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1455213)
Not knowing you by your real name, was a choice you made, one I never understood, really, but.... exactly like faiths...your way, may not be my way..you asked, and people responded, graciously.

Everyone who I've become friends with and everyone who've I have PM'd with knows my name ,including you because we have e-mailed .

I'm not hiding it . I chose not to use it as a screen name for security reasons.

Trip November 16th, 2012 11:54 AM

I know you Henry here, the way you started.....just the way I know my sister as Helen, even though she changed her name too.;)

Lakers Fan November 16th, 2012 02:24 PM

Point made ,LP :)