CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Turkey Day Countdown (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/393108-turkey-day-countdown.html)

Aerogirl November 15th, 2012 07:58 PM

Turkey Day Countdown

It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only one week away. With all that’s going on in the world I’m sure all of our CM’s have much to be thankful for. What are you most thankful for this year? Also what are your turkey day plans? Staying home and cooking, going to a relative or out of town. Do you have a special dish that you’re known for?

It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only one week. With all that’s going on in the world I’m sure all of our CM’s have much to be thankful for. What are you most thankful for this year? Also what are you turkey day plans? Staying home and cooking, going to a relative or out of town. Do you have a special dish that you’re known for?
I’m most thankful for the health of all my love ones
I host Thanksgiving for the past 16 years, we have 17 family members who come over. I don’t have one special dish; I make everything except the stuffing and desserts.

Will November 15th, 2012 09:33 PM

One of my favorite holidays.....Food

booze,and football!:D

Manuel November 15th, 2012 09:37 PM

I'm thankful for several things.

I have new SIL ( who is a great guy )

My son and my daughters are all doing well.

We have been in Florida for year, and I'm thankful for our nice home.

This will be our first Thankgiving in Florida and we are having friends over.

I am also thankful for all the memories of our cruise and our other vacations.

And I'm thankful for all the Cruisemates that have become my friends.

I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving.

TM

ToddDH November 15th, 2012 11:12 PM

I am extremely thankful for probably all of the reasons listed above but especially so this year and that special bit of thankfulness is that I'm still alive when by all rights, I shouldn't be.

I am also thankful for all those who in any way, form, shape or manner have given of themselves or their treasure for those terribly unfortunate souls who continue to suffer the results of the recent superstorm. The universal uniting of the citizens of this country to help one another, especially during times of trial, was one of the reasons de Tocqueville wrote of his stunning impressions of and love for this country. A world traveller, he in effect wrote that the new United States was unparalleled in this regard. It remains so today.

ship2shore November 16th, 2012 01:36 AM

The lineups have formed in front of the retailers already.:roll:

Lakers Fan November 16th, 2012 10:16 AM

For the past 45 years we have gone to my SIL in NYC for Thanksgiving .This year we will be doing the same .In addition to relatives she always invites people who have nowhere to go.

Manuel November 22nd, 2012 10:09 AM

Ready or not Thanksgiving is here.

I have spent this holiday in places such as Ft. Meade Md., Vietnam, Italy, Portugal, Myrtle Beach SC, and New York City.

Today we are celebrating in our Florida home for the first time.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

TM

evelynherron November 24th, 2012 12:37 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

ToddDH November 24th, 2012 04:15 AM

I forgot to stae "A hardy welcome to you evelynherron!" I think you'll find us an intersting and eclectic bunch!

jessicafren November 24th, 2012 04:22 AM

Let celebrate, Thanks Giving Day! :)