CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Stupid Celebrity Tricks (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/393138-stupid-celebrity-tricks.html)

Paul Motter November 17th, 2012 08:11 PM

Stupid Celebrity Tricks

Janeane Garofalo was married for 20 years and didn't know it – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Janeane Garofalo was married for 20 years and didn't know it

Apparently what happens in Vegas stays there ... until your lawyer finds out about it. Such is the lesson Janeane Garofalo and writer/producer Rob Cohen reportedly learned when they discovered they'd been married for the past 20 years, and just didn't know it.

ToddDH November 17th, 2012 09:29 PM

Ahhh...the brilliance of those famous Hollywood sages, ".... sends chills up and down my spine! "; kinda' as "Elvira" used to do.

ship2shore November 17th, 2012 11:30 PM

The actress who played Elvira was a blonde.

ToddDH November 18th, 2012 12:54 AM

Shiptoshore,

Sorry friend, but I have no idea what you mean by an actress as I'm not referring to a movie character.

What both the title "Elvira" and the phrase in quotes to which I'm referring, are from a mid sixties country and pop classic number written by Dallas Frazier entitled "Elvira" which was made a top hit on both charts by The Oak Ridge Boys.

ship2shore November 18th, 2012 02:27 AM

Oops, sorry. I thought you were referring to Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (she hosted a campy horror movie program a while back), who also might put a chill down your spine. My bad.

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ToddDH November 18th, 2012 03:44 AM

Shiptoshore,

You must be darned near as old as I am. While I'm not familiar with that particular character, back in the fifties local TV stations around the country used to have horror show night every Friday night. Every city with a TV station must have had it. The local fellow where I was, was a ghoul called Selwyn. Even as a youngster around eight, I remember laughing my head off at his jokes. Of course the horror genre' on TV back then consisted of the old Frankenstein (Boris Karloff), Dracula (Bela Lugosi), The Wolfman (Lon Chaney) movies from the thirties.

Now you ain't gonna' believe this! Talk about draconian, my wife's "bedtime" stories when she was very small consisted of the most horrific tales you can imagine and these were related by her own Mother who spoke very little English. I guess in Italy, The Wolfman was deemed to actually exist because both her parents literally believed it did and even swore they knew one because if you were born at the same time of Christ, you were condemened as a Werewolf! Naturally according to them, all Werewolves had to be born on Christmas Eve. She didn't even try as an adult to tell her mother Christ was not born in December or her mother would have probably labeled her a heretic and this, Shiptoshore, was from an educated woman!!! Actually, one of her most frightening tales centered around her waking up and finding herself buried in a casket. Talk about sick puppies!!!! You'd be amazed at how many Europeans back in the twenties and thirties and forties actually believed all of the stuff really existed. Some still do, I kid you not!

With parents like that, you could save a fortune on movie tickets! rofl

Mike M November 18th, 2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddDH (Post 1455425)
Shiptoshore,

Now you ain't gonna' believe this! Talk about draconian, my wife's "bedtime" stories when she was very small consisted of the most horrific tales you can imagine and these were related by her own Mother who spoke very little English. I guess in Italy, The Wolfman was deemed to actually exist because both her parents literally believed it did and even swore they knew one because if you were born at the same time of Christ, you were condemened as a Werewolf! Naturally according to them, all Werewolves had to be born on Christmas Eve.

That explains why my Father-In-Law always disappeared for three days each month. He was born on December 24th. :) We always thought he had a girlfriend. ;)

Getting back to Janeane: I always wonder why people put so much stock in what celebrities do and say. Most of them aren't too smart.

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan November 18th, 2012 09:17 AM

How could one not know they were married ,very weird.

skymaster November 18th, 2012 09:19 AM

I always thought Janeane was an idiot. I guess this just confirms it! :rolleyes:

"SKY"

Donna November 18th, 2012 07:47 PM

I have to agree, very strange not to know you got married and were still for 20 years, come on??

KellyKayden November 18th, 2012 08:15 PM

Hey i think it's great they've been married 20 years, most celebrity marriages last less than 5!

:-D