Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Stupid Celebrity Tricks

Janeane Garofalo was married for 20 years and didn't know it – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Janeane Garofalo was married for 20 years and didn't know it

Apparently what happens in Vegas stays there ... until your lawyer finds out about it. Such is the lesson Janeane Garofalo and writer/producer Rob Cohen reportedly learned when they discovered they'd been married for the past 20 years, and just didn't know it.
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Ahhh...the brilliance of those famous Hollywood sages, ".... sends chills up and down my spine! "; kinda' as "Elvira" used to do.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old November 17th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Captain

The actress who played Elvira was a blonde.

So you thought YOU were having a bad day???
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Admiral

Shiptoshore,

Sorry friend, but I have no idea what you mean by an actress as I'm not referring to a movie character.

What both the title "Elvira" and the phrase in quotes to which I'm referring, are from a mid sixties country and pop classic number written by Dallas Frazier entitled "Elvira" which was made a top hit on both charts by The Oak Ridge Boys.
Old November 18th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Captain

Oops, sorry. I thought you were referring to Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (she hosted a campy horror movie program a while back), who also might put a chill down your spine. My bad.

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you thought YOU were having a bad day???

Last edited by ship2shore; November 18th, 2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old November 18th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Admiral

Shiptoshore,

You must be darned near as old as I am. While I'm not familiar with that particular character, back in the fifties local TV stations around the country used to have horror show night every Friday night. Every city with a TV station must have had it. The local fellow where I was, was a ghoul called Selwyn. Even as a youngster around eight, I remember laughing my head off at his jokes. Of course the horror genre' on TV back then consisted of the old Frankenstein (Boris Karloff), Dracula (Bela Lugosi), The Wolfman (Lon Chaney) movies from the thirties.

Now you ain't gonna' believe this! Talk about draconian, my wife's "bedtime" stories when she was very small consisted of the most horrific tales you can imagine and these were related by her own Mother who spoke very little English. I guess in Italy, The Wolfman was deemed to actually exist because both her parents literally believed it did and even swore they knew one because if you were born at the same time of Christ, you were condemened as a Werewolf! Naturally according to them, all Werewolves had to be born on Christmas Eve. She didn't even try as an adult to tell her mother Christ was not born in December or her mother would have probably labeled her a heretic and this, Shiptoshore, was from an educated woman!!! Actually, one of her most frightening tales centered around her waking up and finding herself buried in a casket. Talk about sick puppies!!!! You'd be amazed at how many Europeans back in the twenties and thirties and forties actually believed all of the stuff really existed. Some still do, I kid you not!

With parents like that, you could save a fortune on movie tickets!
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Shiptoshore,

Now you ain't gonna' believe this! Talk about draconian, my wife's "bedtime" stories when she was very small consisted of the most horrific tales you can imagine and these were related by her own Mother who spoke very little English. I guess in Italy, The Wolfman was deemed to actually exist because both her parents literally believed it did and even swore they knew one because if you were born at the same time of Christ, you were condemened as a Werewolf! Naturally according to them, all Werewolves had to be born on Christmas Eve.
That explains why my Father-In-Law always disappeared for three days each month. He was born on December 24th. We always thought he had a girlfriend.

Getting back to Janeane: I always wonder why people put so much stock in what celebrities do and say. Most of them aren't too smart.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Admiral

How could one not know they were married ,very weird.
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Admiral

I always thought Janeane was an idiot. I guess this just confirms it!

"SKY"
Old November 18th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I have to agree, very strange not to know you got married and were still for 20 years, come on??

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:15 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Hey i think it's great they've been married 20 years, most celebrity marriages last less than 5!

:-D

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski