Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Default Shining Sunday

Morning Mates, here's a "shiny" photo to get your Sunday off to a good start:

This is my friend Wendy and I at the Halifax Parade of Lights last night. We had so much fun, dancing to the Christmas music from the lighted floats and trying to stay warm!
The best part of the night was getting a free meal at a restaurant, and free parking at a lot!

Today I am off to another parade, this one I am participating in. At least the sun will be out and hopefully be a little warmer!

Have a good one....

donna
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Rudolphdonna. I mean, Rollerdonna and all to come.

I'm up early this morning. I just couldn't stay in bed anymore.

Nothing too special on the agenda today. The kids will be with us all day and I'm at a loss as what to get up to. Perhaps a shopping trip is in the works.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and a great upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Happy Sunday to everyone . Last evening we went to dinner at the only full service restaurant open in town .It seemed as all 25,000 residents were there .
Old November 18th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I'm still recovering from my cruise. I had a great time but wonder if I'm too old to do a cruise with five ports of call.
Not much going on today. The daughter will be in Tuesday afternoon and will leave Thursday morning. She has to be back because of a game the university has on Friday. We are going to have our special meal on Wednesday lunch, then I'm off that evening to be with my family for a few days. My niece is doing turkey day at her house this year.

After that I've got to get my butt into gear and get to shopping for Christmas. I've never left it so long before, but I've not gotten even a single gift so far. Ugh. I'll be asking what people want while I'm with the family.

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful day and week.
Old November 18th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna, Mike, and Lakers fan and all of our cruisemates to follow! Donna, look as if the holidays have arrived in your neck of the woods. Mike have fun with the kids!!

Sandra and I spent the last three days in Galveston, staying at the Hotel Galvez with all expenses paid for by Park West Galleries!! Hotel, food, and drinks all done! What a great time we had. I guess all of the buying I have done in the past has paid off somewhat.

Weather today is clear skies but there is a smokey haze due to brush fires south of us. Fields being cleared. Really has my sinus messed up... blah

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Another beautiful day here today with temps in the mid 50's. I'm thinking I'll get out and do a little shopping today.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Rain & cool.......oh well.......

Not much happening today.......stayin dry & warm........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old November 18th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Default Shining Sundayt

Good morning, everyone. Well, it's not a shining Sunday at this point. We had a good rain and have begun the drying out part. Mr. Sun still hasn't broken through the overcast.

I look forward to a cup of coffee and the Los Angeles Times. Keith looks forward to a dinner tonight being given by the project manager for the Wright Flyer Project at his home in Pasadena. I don't know whether I do, or not.

Have a good day, people.

Judy

Old November 18th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Once again out on my patio perch, enjoying several jolts of caffeine, beginning my day. Temp this morning is 65, and heading to the low 80s. The type of day we snowbirds come down for!

I golfed yesterday, and we ended up in a group of a dozen guys from Boston. Surprisingly none of them were related to Trip.

The plan for today is to see my family (nieces and nephews and grand kiddies). Think one of the kiddies has a soccer or baseball game, so we'll go watch and enjoy the nice day.

Have several friends coming to town tomorrow, so a busy week is ahead.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 18th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Admiral

We took our 4 year old grand daughter to a mall today for shopping and lunch .Our area is very slowly getting back to normal.
Old November 18th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon where it is a bit misty in Virginia Beach. Since I no longer work on Sundays, I went to J.C. Penny and used the $10 gift certificate they had mailed to me and bought two summer shirts, on sale for $5.00 a piece plus no tax! I have been running some washes and packing; we are headed to the Washington, D.C. area on Wednesday for Thanksgiving. Rollerdonna, I just love the picture of you. Hope that you had a great time at both parades.
Old November 18th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from the Arizona desert, otherwise known as Kukiland! ! We've been puttering around the house and watching the Cardinals & Falcons game. We were leading until about 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Now the Falcons are leading. We shall see how it ends up. We just intercepted the ball for the 5th time, so maybe there's still a chance for us!

That's about it. No real news. Still trying to get used to the house without Oscar the Shih Tzu, who, after 17-1/2 years of canine love and loyalty left us on October 25th to go and wait for us just this side of the Rainbow Bridge. I still expect him to see him at the oddest moments, and it's very disconcerting when all of a sudden I realize he isn't.
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all of my beloved Cruisemates,

Not much on tap for today except that of course I'm watching the final NASCAR race of the season. I'll be going through withdrawl all the way up to when they drop the green flag at Daytona in February.

Nothing exciting happening (thank Heavens if you get my drift). Has anyone noticed that there are really some wonderful documentaries on The History Channel, the Weather Channel (yeah, I said Weather Channel), etc. If you really want to feel proud to be an American, watch the Coast Guard series on the Weather Channel. It truly makes your chest want to burst with pride actually watching those folks in horrifically dangerous situations to ensure someone is rescued from wherever and whatever. Obviously, they aren't in it for the money! I also love the one after another miniseries such as the four men who built America. Many Americans of today are abysmally deficient in the history of not only the world but their own country. If I were a history teacher, I would absolutely require my students to watch such TV. I was bowled over that the History Channel actually knew that after the Trusts were broken those men then got into a competition to see how fast they could give it all away! They didn't care all that much about money, it was the power and "getting over" on your competitors and so they had the exact opposite goal as they grew older. They actually made more money AFTER their monopolies were broken up by Roosevelt which illustrates the competition wasn't over who had more money but who had more power and influence. Morgan ended up the winner of that contest. Just fascinating.

I would make a sincere bet that probably 99,9% of Americans didn't know that. I also love Pawn Stars, American Pickers, etc. We're finally putting out great TV. Problem is, how many are watching it. Maybe there's hope out there after all!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Hi there Todd. Your three months will fly by.

Jennifer, I'm sorry to hear about Oscar. I know it hurts to lose a fur baby. Maybe give yourself a bit of time and adopt another one. There are dogs and cats who need families.