Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Morning

Happy Monday Morning Cruisemates!! My writing does not reflect my misery in that I have developed a... COLD! I have not had a cold for over two years!! I will go to the doctor later today.

One of my friends in the sheriff's office, who is also a sergeant, was involved in a traffic accident this am while responding to a stabbing call. He was life flighted to the hospital and I hope he will be ok.

Despite all of this hoo haa, I do wish everyone a fine day today!!

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Baby it's cold outside..brrrr,and I have to go to a DRs. appointment. I'd rather be home with a cuppa tea...!

Since Bruce couldn't find a 300 pound turkey for me to stuff Thursday... he had to settle on a 23 pounder that was hiding from him in our freezer.Yet he bought a replacement to fuel,his addiction of food shopping

I've been busy beading away..I am making some pretty baubles for all my girls,and more...glad my addiction is a pretty one

For any Rick Murcer fans out there, his next book, Carolina Rain, is out! I am waiting to get my hands on the new larger Kindle, to see if I want to upgrade...we shall see.

Ok Kids, make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, it is a chilly one out there today, frost on everything, but still no snow....

Had a blast yesterday at the Santa Claus parade in New Glasgow. Our roller derby team came out all dressed up for Christmas and skated in the parade. Here's a pic, that's me in the middle with the reindeer antlers and the nose!

Today is back to work, and tonight is puppy school, life is busy lately!
I'm also waiting to hear the results of the job interview I had on Friday, we're supposed to know this week....keeping fingers crossed!

donna
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny but chilly NY
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I'm sitting here thinking I need to add even more to my to do list today. Hmm. Oh well. The kid will be home tomorrow for her short visit. We'll be looking online for a grey pea coat, which she wants for Christmas. The popular colors are black and red. Leave it to her to be different.

Michael, I hope that your friend will be all right.

Have a good day people.
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Captain

It has been a busy morning around here. We are having Thanksgiving Dinner with D/H side of the family this evening so I've been a cookin'. The family has gotten to the point it is hard to get everyone together on Thursday with all the extended families, so we do it early. I have made cole slaw, baked beans, and pumpkin bread as my contributions to the feast.
I had a great day yesterday, D/H went golfing which meant I had the tv remote all to myself. Watch the last NASCAR race of the year along with all the pre-race shows. Sad to see the season end but Feb. will be here before we know it and things will start up again. I also finished quilting a pillow sham that I found when cleaning out Mom's house. She had most of it done just a few sticthes and it is now ready to bind. It goes with a quilt she had made for my niece so I am going to give it to her as a special gift from Mom.
Our weather has just been wonderful. Cool with frost in the mornings then hitting the high 50's by 1 pm. It could stay like this until May and then warm up in my opionion.
Hope everyone has a great day and if I don't get back here by Thursday, HAPPY TURKEY DAY. Take time to be thankful for all we have been blessed with.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Morning

Good morning. The rains came, the rains went. It's beautiful and sunny today.

Keith and I were among a dozen people invited to dinner last night at the home of the Project Manager for the Wright Flyer Project. He and his wife own a 5,000 sq. ft., 90-yr. old Spanish style home with three-foot thick walls and a 1,000 sq. ft. living room that's used for musicales. His wife owns a music store in Pasadena. The house is filled with photos and memorabilia collected over the years. An interesting, though to me, grueling evening. I'm just not a socialite.

My computer is doing strange things, so I will conclude by wishing you all a pleasant day.

Judy
Old November 19th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Good Morning All!

It's sunny and cool outside (highs to be I think in the low fifties) with no rain in the forecast.

I am so sorry Michael about your buddy. I lost a good friend when they were doing fly overs in a Natl. Guard chopper looking for pot fields when they got caught by the edge winds of a summer thunderstorm and they went down killing both he and the pilot. People think the mountains around here are like forests when in fact, their undergrowth more often is almost impenetrable. It took three days of round the clock searching by literally hundreds to locate the wreckage which as it turned out was only about 1/8th of a mile from the LZ. I hope your friend's injuries aren't serious and he'll be in my prayers.

As did Sue and millions of others around the country, I watched the race after which I realized I'm still trying everything on earth to get myself planted six feet down. I was sitting on the infamous kitchen breakfast bar stool again last evening as I was eating supper. I leaned forward to get the TV remote and.............................yeah, you guessed right. As I reached forward I slid off the stool against the wall and basketballed off the tile floor. Following the rather loud and extended expression of probably every ephithet that's ever been uttered, I got up. I had taken my hydrocodone about 30 to 45 minutes earlier and wouldn't get a true reading until this morning. I got that reading and all I'll say is I'm glad I didn't put that damned back brace where I'd have to work to get it out. As I may may possibly be visiting that big building with little rooms and electrically operated beds (I swear, I'm going to have them put a plaque up over the door to the room by tomorrow evening following my appointment with Jeff, I'll wait until then to have an x-ray and learn whether I reinjured what just healed or broke something else. To make matters worse, I have to do at least a little shopping today which will be well...............backbreaking ... but you's gots to do what yous gots to do and I'll just double up on the meds when I go to bed. It's rough not reaching for that Bourbon bottle but I'm not about to mix narcotics with booze. Nevertheless it's tempting. They soon enough will have to give the military burial detail a call (as if I'd ever allow that, not being a combat Vet I won't even join the VFW although I'm eligible but I think that's a right of only "them's that shot em' ") but I'd like to stick around a while longer to learn if my Christmas will consist of Bituminous or Anthracite gifts. At any rate, I'm a poster child for my all time Christmas phrase, "If they're going to die then let them do it then, and decrease the surplus population." My God if I let my hair grow longer I'd even look like my Hero, the venerable old Ebeneezer.

Donna, that's a wonderful costume!!

Trip, tell Bruce he shouldn't eat all of that turkey................save some for me!!

Hope everyone has a great week and I'll check in when I can.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old November 19th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Admiral

Todd, you need to shoot that barstool!
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Shoot it? Throw it away!! Feel better...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator