CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   I just booked a cruise!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/393301-i-just-booked-cruise.html)

katlady November 27th, 2012 03:20 PM

I just booked a cruise!!

So I did it! I pulled the trigger on Hawaii. :mrgreen: Thank you cyber monday Carnival sale. I got me a balcony 8C on a 15 day Hawaiian cruise on the Miracle this is similiar to the one my parents are doing right now. Past guest rate was $1519 per person. Which is the cheapest I have seen this cruise. It leaves Dec 7, 2013 they is probably why most people aren't booking it because it arrives back in Long Beach CA on 12/22/13. We will drive to port so no big deal for us. Travelocity is still showing this rate but only on 8A not 8C I like being higher on the ship. Plus the travelocity is an early saver fare not past guest so the cancellation policy is better on my fare. Thank you cruise points for saving me $800 on this cruise.;) BTW when I got the cruise detail I found out I was male. That was quite a shock to my hubby. 18 years of marriage and he never knew I was male. rofl

Trip November 27th, 2012 04:20 PM

If anyone could find a deal it's Cruisemate's Dick Tracy...good for you getting exactly what you want, at a good price! Have you been there before?

katlady November 27th, 2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1456575)
If anyone could find a deal it's Cruisemate's Dick Tracy...good for you getting exactly what you want, at a good price! Have you been there before?

I went to Oahu for my 21st birthday. So it's been over 20 years.:( My hubby has never been. I have family on the islands it would be fun to track them down.

Trip November 27th, 2012 05:28 PM

Let us know as you go along, what excursions you are investigating. Maybe a poll is in order?:)

Donna November 27th, 2012 07:11 PM

Congrats Katlady,
Looks like you did your homework and it paid off rather well. Sounds like a wonderful cruise and it gets you back to Hawaii...

Mike M November 27th, 2012 07:15 PM

Katlady,

I think you made a great choice. You will love the islands and there will always be something to do on sea days.

Take care,
Mike

Aerogirl November 27th, 2012 07:16 PM

Good for you!!!

Manuel November 27th, 2012 09:16 PM

Congratulations Kat. You got a great deal on a great intinerary. :D

TM

green_rd November 28th, 2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

BTW when I got the cruise detail I found out I was male. That was quite a shock to my hubby. 18 years of marriage and he never knew I was male. rofl
That's legal now in CA, right? Hopefully they will grandfather you in :wink:

mehawk November 28th, 2012 08:20 AM

Good for you!!! A long cruise to Hawaii seems heavenly.

katlady November 28th, 2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1456638)
That's legal now in CA, right? Hopefully they will grandfather you in :wink:

We got married in 1994 so nope it's not legal. I'm male and living in sin. That is shocking.:shock:

The Travel Agent already fixed it so I'm female again. I did make the lady laugh at my e-mail. I had fun writing that one.;)

katlady November 28th, 2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1456588)
Let us know as you go along, what excursions you are investigating. Maybe a poll is in order?:)

That's a good idea. I haven't started looking at excursions yet, but I bet there are some fun ones.:D I got a question for the group I booked port side is that good for seeing the islands in the morning?

Moiraine November 28th, 2012 12:34 PM

Congrats Kat. I know you've been wanting to do this for a long time. I know you'll have fun.

ship2shore November 28th, 2012 07:48 PM

Surgery in the back room of a TAs office.... ouch.

Lisa November 29th, 2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katlady (Post 1456651)
That's a good idea. I haven't started looking at excursions yet, but I bet there are some fun ones.:D I got a question for the group I booked port side is that good for seeing the islands in the morning?

It depends on which direction the ship is cruising and how they are going to dock in the ports - and docking is dependent on wind and wave conditions and the pilots "advice".

katlady November 30th, 2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ship2shore (Post 1456704)
Surgery in the back room of a TAs office.... ouch.

I didn't feel a thing, plus what the heck was I going to do with those extra parts.:shock::wink:

katlady November 30th, 2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa (Post 1456720)
It depends on which direction the ship is cruising and how they are going to dock in the ports - and docking is dependent on wind and wave conditions and the pilots "advice".

So I guess I won't worry about it then.:D Thanks for the information.

ship2shore December 1st, 2012 03:13 AM

quote Katlady: "I didn't feel a thing, plus what the heck was I going to do with those extra parts."

My mechanic friend says Snap-On Tools are amazingly useful...:shock:

katlady December 1st, 2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ship2shore (Post 1456909)
quote Katlady: "I didn't feel a thing, plus what the heck was I going to do with those extra parts."

My mechanic friend says Snap-On Tools are amazingly useful...:shock:

Seems dangerous I would probably poke my eye out.;) And I thought running with scissors was a bad idea.

ship2shore December 1st, 2012 07:06 PM

Kaylady, Since I am speechless right now, I officially genuflect before the superior wit.

katlady December 2nd, 2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ship2shore (Post 1456969)
Kaylady, Since I am speechless right now, I officially genuflect before the superior wit.

Please bow at the feet of the master of dirty double talk.;)