CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   You Have to Log Out/In to View Threads (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/393343-you-have-log-out-view-threads.html)

ship2shore November 29th, 2012 06:37 PM

You Have to Log Out/In to View Threads

Temporary solution. I hope.

Paul Motter November 29th, 2012 07:15 PM

I am really sorry peoples... but we are not seeing these problems.

I'm not saying they are YOUR fault, I am just saying it is really hard for us to fix things we cannot see (and by the way, it has NOTHING to do with me personally anymore), but I will pass this on....

Paul Motter November 29th, 2012 07:21 PM

By the way - what browser are you using. many people are moving to Google Chrome because it is more bug-free.

CruisinK n J November 29th, 2012 07:23 PM

You Have to Log Out/Log In to View Threads

Paul, Ship to Shore, thank you for your responses! Keith has both lap tops working. He did fiddle around with the logging in/out business. It's certainly difficult trying to communicate when you can't read the responses! I guess we brought home the gremlins that visited us in Phoenix.

Judy

CruisinK n J November 29th, 2012 07:39 PM

You Have to Log Out/Log In to View Threads

Paul, have you looked at the Thursday morning thread? Lots of people are having the same problem. Keith finally figured out that you have to click on the last person's name who posted but ONLY in that little box next to it. Somethin's wrong!

Judy

Kuki November 29th, 2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Access the site from www.cruisemates.com

Do not use the link in your "favorites". If accessing the site via the Homepage (cruisemates.com) works then delete the link in your favorites and then add it back in.

Take care,
Mike
Mike posted this is another thread on this subject. He's much more tech savy than me.

BTW.. like Paul, I've been lucky, and haven't experienced any of these problems that others have had along the way lately. No idea why that would be, but I got lucky.

Luanne Russo November 29th, 2012 08:23 PM

Oops! This link appears to be broken.
Suggestions:
This is what I am getting now. I can come to the site if I come through an e-mail sent from CM, but it only allows me one time.

I have dropped so many cookies, I am gaining weight, because I crave cookies. I have tried logging out, and Jim has messed with it.

I am still using Windows 7 We tried crome, and Jim didn't like it.

Aerogirl November 29th, 2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1456796)
I am really sorry peoples... but we are not seeing these problems.

I'm not saying they are YOUR fault, I am just saying it is really hard for us to fix things we cannot see (and by the way, it has NOTHING to do with me personally anymore), but I will pass this on....

I'm not having any problem.

Paul Motter November 29th, 2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruisinK n J (Post 1456802)
Paul, have you looked at the Thursday morning thread? Lots of people are having the same problem. Keith finally figured out that you have to click on the last person's name who posted but ONLY in that little box next to it. Somethin's wrong!

Judy

Now I'm really confused.

Mike's answer makes a lot of sense - try exiting your browser completely, then open up a new window (browser) and type in the URL: cruisemates.com

(You may have to do http://cruisemates.com)

See, I know we have two servers that are supposed to replicate each other, but they are not synced correctly, so it is possible that if you are using a bookmark you are going to the wrong server.

Here is an experiement: when you come back to cruisemates click on THIS LINK: CRUISEMATES

Fern November 29th, 2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1456808)
I'm not having any problem.

Bless your heart! I'm glad to see that someone isn't having a problem. I'm also happy to see that I'm not the only one who is having a hard time getting on the site, especially on the Cruise Chat board.

While I can't do anything about the problem, I will still keep checking to see if things have improved.

Thanks to the "beards" who are fixing things!

Paul Motter November 29th, 2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern (Post 1456811)
Bless your heart! I'm glad to see that someone isn't having a problem. I'm also happy to see that I'm not the only one who is having a hard time getting on the site, especially on the Cruise Chat board.

While I can't do anything about the problem, I will still keep checking to see if things have improved.

Thanks to the "beards" who are fixing things!

Fern....

click on THIS LINK: CRUISEMATES

Aerogirl November 29th, 2012 10:55 PM

The only thing that seems messed up for me is the like thing.

Paul Motter November 29th, 2012 11:36 PM

Did the "like" stop working now? It used to work?

Mike M November 30th, 2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1456818)
Did the "like" stop working now? It used to work?

It doesn't seem to be working. I am unable to "Like" this post.

There are some weird things going on. The "interesting" thing is that the people who can fix it, or tell the IT guys what's happening, aren't effected and unable to accurately describe the problem(s). Quite frustrating on all sides.

Take care,
Mike

Marsdude November 30th, 2012 07:43 AM

I am using Chrome and I am not experiencing any problems.

You might try Chrome to see if they go away.

Kuki November 30th, 2012 11:34 AM

Of those having problems, I am curious if anyone followed Mike's advice of coming in from our Home Page, then used the message boards drop down menu to get to the boards?..... and if so, did it work?

Luanne Russo November 30th, 2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki (Post 1456848)
Of those having problems, I am curious if anyone followed Mike's advice of coming in from our Home Page, then used the message boards drop down menu to get to the boards?..... and if so, did it work?

Yes, Mike, and my hubby worked on it together. We followed everything that Mike said to do. It worked for two days, then it was like the grimlins found out, and put a stop to it.

Kuki, It is so bad that if I go to the home page, and click on your blog, it is a blank page. I also tried to go to the location to e-mail all of you. It is also blank. I can usually get to the home page, but if I click on one of the cruise web site, it won't send me there.

I am typing to you now, only because you posted, which sent an e-mail to me saying you had posted. I can usually use it one time to go to another thread, but sometimes not.

Paul Motter December 1st, 2012 06:48 PM

I just noticed something....

That my forums are in www.cruisemates.com

If I take out the www it acts like a different site.

What do you people having problems see in your browsers first? Is it www.cruisemates.com/forum/, or just
cruisemates.com/forum/

?

Luanne Russo December 1st, 2012 08:08 PM

For me it is ww

I am conpletely locked out now. I use to could use the e-mail to get to at least one other thread, but not now.

I am not sure you will be able to see this.

I hate what has happened. Will miss you all

Paul Motter December 1st, 2012 08:41 PM

how did you post?

Luanne - please go to "http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/" and AVOID using the blue dropdown box.

That works for me now - I can turn it on and off.

Luanne Russo December 1st, 2012 10:44 PM

Oops! This link appears to be broken.
Suggestions:
Paul, I am able to respond to the e-mail CM sends to let me know someone has responded. The above is what I get when I go to the site to say.

ToddDH December 2nd, 2012 07:01 AM

Paul and Mike, I just tried going through the Homesite, clicking on the drop down menu, clicked on Chit-Chat and it worked perfectly for me. I then closed down and started over using the traditional method. It didn't work but when I just went back to the drop down, it worked like a charm yet again.

Somehow it appears (if such is possible as I know absolutely nothing, nada, zilch about computers) to me at least as a particular problem is in some way regional depending upon where in the country you reside, i.e.: I have no problem when I click on my "Favorites" then click on the last post under any particular thread but if I try to enter directly without doing that, it will let me into Chit-Chat but still won't let me on individual threads less I use the method above described that is now my back up.

Don't know if this helps "the powers that be" in any way, but if corporate had any colletive common sense, they'd return all control of the website to you and Mike and whomever as while problems will still occur, they are solved by you'uns in short order.