CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Wednesday Wakeup! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/393436-wednesday-wakeup.html)

rollerdonna December 5th, 2012 08:29 AM

Wednesday Wakeup!

Morning Mates, I'm surprised somebody hasn't beaten me to the wakeup thread this morning, as I slept in...one of those nights, up ALL night with pain, then fell asleep at 7am until 9!
Apparently I missed the vet appointment (hubby took him while I was sleeping), so my morning is free. I will skip skating today till I find out why I am having so much foot pain...

Otherwise, another dull, cool day, no rain, no snow, just gray and miserable. This is the time of year thoughts really turn to cruising!

donna

mehawk December 5th, 2012 08:30 AM

Wednesday has arrived

Wednesday finds Space City in a clear sky mode once again. Last night was a drencher as we had very heavy rains in our area. I got out on the patio and grilled some salmon and chicken during the storm.... not to worry, I have a cover over it. :D Placed the choice of meat over spaghetti and melted a slice of cheese on top of it... :D. Ok, back to the subject. Today is my "friday" and even though we have three invites for parties this week, we are going to stay home and go to church on one of the nights.

Many of you should recall my second wife, an update, her 4 year old grand daughter passed away last friday evening and her funeral is today. Even though Elizabeth and I do not speak, I am sending flowers as a courtesy to her son and his wife.

Happy days to you all and be safe.

Trip December 5th, 2012 08:39 AM

Hi Kids,
Warm & overcast here today. I'll take it! Haven't seen the hawk in a few days, maybe he booked a cruise, like Mike!

Once again, Bruce gave me my Christmas gift early....:) the new, bigger Kindle hd. Spent the day yesterday, trying to get around this newer, bigger, and laid out differently reader. I'll be off to Marshalls soon, to see if I can get a cover.

So, that's my story today....make it a good one.

Manuel December 5th, 2012 09:37 AM

Good morning fron Sunny Florida.

The weather has been great. The mornings start out cloudy with the temp at about 60 then the sun comes out and it warms up to about 80.

We will be going to visit friends and have lunch in Daytona Beach.

Have a nice day folks.

TM

Aerogirl December 5th, 2012 09:48 AM

Good morning
Feeling plain old cold her today after the nice warm weather that had been.... oh well it is December afterall.

Aerogirl December 5th, 2012 09:52 AM

Good morning
I see we have two morning threads goon today.
Trip I bought my case on Amazon cheap for my Kindle and d/s nook.

rollerdonna December 5th, 2012 09:52 AM

Oh Michael, sorry to hear of the passing of your ex-wife's granddaughter. Even if you don't speak, or have contact, the passing of any child is truly unthinkable. Condolences to your (her) family.

donna

Haimia December 5th, 2012 10:32 AM

A sunny, but very cool day in NW Ohio. Highs in the 30's. That is after several dreary, but warm days of late. Yesterday was in the upper 50's and Monday was in the 60's. Unusual for NW Ohio in December.

Got the expected, yet not so good news yesterday that I need additional surgery on my cervical spine. I had three discs removed/fused in 2011. I have another level that has herniated and is pushing on my spinal cord, causing problems. I was hoping for something alternative, but surgery is the only correction at this point. Ugh! Three neck surgerys plus trying to get the IVC filter out through my neck in less than two years. My neck is just ugly at this point - think bride of frankenstein!!!! :shock:

Went shopping with both daughters last Saturday. Wore me out! I can no longer keep up with them, but they were good about staying close to me and walking slower. I guess our days of running about are coming to either an end, or at least less often.

Not much else happening around here.

RD - feel better!

Mehawk - sympathies to your former stepson's family

Trip - enjoy the new Kindle

Manual - enjoy your time out and about

Aerogirl - we get your weather shortly after you get it!!

And to the rest who log on later - have a great day!

Kuki December 5th, 2012 10:38 AM

Good Morning cruisemates! Yet another incredible, sunny day, in the 80s on tap for us today in Scottsdale.

The past while has been so busy with friends in and out of town, anniversaries, and birthdays, I'm taking today off for a "do nothing" day.

Just going to enjoy the sunshine, and catch my breath.

Have to just hope Mrs. Kuki can keep her hands off me, since I'll be sitting around all day in my underwear8-)

CruisinK n J December 5th, 2012 12:16 PM

Wednesday Wakeup

Good morning. It's the start of a sunny day. Our decks are still drying out from the rains we just had.

I look forward to lunch with an old friend today.

Donna, I hope you feel better.

Have a good day everybody.

Judy

LS80 December 5th, 2012 01:14 PM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Finally got in.....haven't been able to get in here for over a week........now I have to try & catch up........

Michael.........sorry to hear of the loss......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon

Lakers Fan December 5th, 2012 04:19 PM

Happy almost thursday :)

mehawk December 9th, 2012 08:53 AM

Thanks for the condolences friends. I know she would appreciate them.