CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Shooting In Portland (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/393532-shooting-portland.html)

Luanne Russo December 11th, 2012 09:17 PM

Shooting In Portland

Sharon,

Please check in and let us know you are okay!!!

LS80 December 12th, 2012 11:58 AM

Luanne...............we're fine.....Portland is about 3 hours south of us.......heard that the shooter killed himself............2 others were killed.........

Sharon

Luanne Russo December 12th, 2012 12:12 PM

I am so glad you are okay. I thought of you first, when I heard the news.

mehawk December 12th, 2012 01:37 PM

I saw the video and noticed a Century movie theatre there. I cannot help but to wonder... since the Denver shooting was in a Century movie theatre, was this clown trying to be a copycat???

AR December 13th, 2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehawk (Post 1458051)
I saw the video and noticed a Century movie theatre there. I cannot help but to wonder... since the Denver shooting was in a Century movie theatre, was this clown trying to be a copycat???

Whether or not the theatre had anything to do with it, in a broad sense all gun violence is "copycat" in nature. Guns are the easiest, most efficient and most available way for nut jobs to do away with multiple human beings. And no matter how crazy these people are, they seem to understand that.

Luanne Russo December 13th, 2012 08:42 PM

Sharon,

I am so sorry this thread has brought about politics. I truely was asking about your well being, and didn't know how to get in touch.

Staff, Please don't send this to the other place. I would rather you delete it, rather than it be another reason for name calling.

Kuki December 14th, 2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1458168)
Sharon,

I am so sorry this thread has brought about politics. I truely was asking about your well being, and didn't know how to get in touch.

Staff, Please don't send this to the other place. I would rather you delete it, rather than it be another reason for name calling.

While the thread may have been diverted from the intent of it... which happens a lot... I don't see any political comments at all.

Trackypup December 14th, 2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1458168)
Sharon,

WTH? A wing nut with a gun is political? seriously?

LS80 December 14th, 2012 12:03 PM

Luanne.............thanks for thinking of us.

Sharon

Aerogirl December 14th, 2012 03:01 PM

Just sick I can't wrap my head around this. My prayers and love going out to all of these people. I just can't imagine what their going through.