Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Default Sad, Sad Saturday

Morning Mates, I imagine all of you, like me, are still reeling after yesterday's shooting in Conneticut. Working every day in a school, especially with the little ones, I just cannot fathom such a tragedy, hits way too close to home. If you have young kids or grandkids, hug 'em tight this Christmas!

Well, the dreaded snow has finally arrived, it's snowin' and blowin' quite heartily out there today. I have some groceries to get because we're hosting an Open House tomorrow.
Also have some major cleaning and tidying to do, so better get to it.
Have a great weekend, and keep those in Conneticut in your prayers....

donna
Old December 15th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Morning. It is indeed a sad day. I wish we lived in a world where these shooting did not take place.

I have to go grocery shopping today after not sleeping well last night. My kid likes it too warm in the house, and she forgets to turn the heat back when she goes to bed. I can't sleep when it's so warm. And my nice clean house is already trashed. Oh the joys of having my baby home! At least I get to have her here. Believe me, I am thankful.

Have a good day all.
Old December 15th, 2012, 11:32 AM
First Mate

Default Carnival Triumph Extra Day!

Just back from the Carnival Triumph where we not only got an extra 4 hrs in port @ Cozumel, but we got an extra sea day due to mechanical issues! It had no negative effect on me as I did not have to be back at work, nor did I have plane tickets to reschedule. I was parked in port parking. The ship was unable to gain any speed so mechanics were flown in by private jet to Cozumel to fix the problem.

Had a fabulous time. Held a rare white tiger in Progressive, Mx. Did quite a lot of walking, shopping, sunning, umbrella drinks (those free drink cards are dangerous) - ha. Heard a man overboard call as soon as we hit port at Progresso. Not sure what came of that.

Saved the "extra day" program flier we were given as I know how rare those are!

CarnivalTriumph
Old December 15th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Admiral

My apologies for misspelling Connecticut. Incorrect spelling is a pet peeve of mine, and no disrespect was meant by posting "Conneticut".

donna
Old December 15th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........

Cool & yuck.........no rain but a storm is suppose to be coming in.......oh joy.........

Not much going on today.....just a stay at home & keep warm kinda day........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old December 15th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from the small town of Brownwood, Texas. It is a bright, sunny day, and warm for this time of year.

AS I expected, I was in a deep deep depression after yesterday's events. I am getting better, because before I would have not made this trip, and would have stayed home, but it was important to try and continue with my everyday life, and to work through it.

We arrived here last night in time for dinner. Ate at a famous place called Underwoods. The food is so so these days, but it use to be the place to eat.

After settling in the room, Jim and I spent time, trying to sleep. It didn't come easy. Josh called around midnight, and he to was having trouble with the events.

I was finally able to sleep, and woke up about an hour ago. This morning I am drained of feelings, which is also the norm, but a sure sign that I am coming out of it.

My heart is full of love for all of you, and I hope you are having a good day.

Take care my friends,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 15th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Default Sad, Sad Saturday

Good morning, everybody. It's cold and crisp in SoCal after a night of rain. Another storm coming in tomorrow.

Keith has gone off to Riverside. I plan to wrap gifts readying them to go to Minnesota on Monday.

Judy
Old December 15th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Admiral

A sad day everywhere in the world ,today.