Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Default T'was the Saturday before Christmas

Have been a tad under the weather recently which is the reason my posting has declined.

Had a terrific wind storm here day before yesterday as a result of that big frontpassing through that did considerable damage. Houses are minus roofs, trees and power lines were down (although thankfully I never lost power), etc. I'm surprised all I lost were some shingles considering wind gusts throughout East Tennessee reached the 70 and eighty mile per hour bracket with one outside of Gatlingburg logged at 100 mph.

Although it's turned colder no snow is in our forecast which in my case is good since I'm driving over to spend Christmas Day with my Niece and her husband, health permitting of course.

As I was in no condition to do any real Christmas shopping, mine was restricted to checks and gift cards (which many prefer anyway). Hope you';uns have your shopping at least almost done because the crowds will be out this weekend.

Am attending an annual Christmas Concert today put on by physician and his family (the kids and grand kids come up from Florida and from over near Nashville. He has the most musically talented family I've ever known. the concert consists of light classical and of course all of the traditional Christmas songs.

Hope you'uns have a wonderful weekend!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Morning Todd and all mates to follow...sounds like you have a nice Christmas planned, and the concert sounds great too. Always nice to get out and enjoy some great Christmas music.

While all around us there are major snowstorms, we are getting rain - and lots of it. It has been pelting down since last night with no end in sight. We will definately not be having a White Christmas!

Today my plan is to get some house cleaning done, in preparation for our houseguest who whould be on his way early tomorrow.
Have a great weekend everybody!

donna
Old December 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Cloudy and a touch cool this morning, but the day is heading to 70 degrees in Scottsdale.

A bit of a busy day in store. Heading out for a golf game in a bit, then a grand nephew's third birthday at the train park, then out for dinner this evening with a dozen friends to try a new recently opened restaurant that has been getting good reports.

Guess I will rest tomorrow
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 22nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Much to my surprise it is sunny here rather than snowing .How shall I spend my day ?

Taking grandkids to Gymnastics ,taking grandkids to a Bowling birthday party ,probably taking them out to dinner .
Old December 22nd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a cold and sunny Texas. We are being fooled into thinking we might have ice Christmas night. I guess if we do, that will be the closest we will come to a white Christmas.

I ended up with all the pollen blowing around, up my nose. It gave me a major headache, and everything is swollen. Not much fun, but I will live.

We are going to Sam's this morning to stock up. Since we have been traveling so much, we have not had a chance to make the trip. It's about 40 miles round trip, but worth it in the long run.

I know I have said I was finished with my shopping, but yesterday a friend dropped by who had something that Jim was impressed with, so I ordered one for both Jim and Josh last night. It will be here on Mon. and with points, it was free.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........

Mid 30's for the lows & up to mid 40's for the highs.........sounds good to me......

Not much going on.......

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old December 22nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Hello
The Saturday before Christmas and I'm sick...not good!
I need to get the house in order because we all know Santa doesn't come to a messy house.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Glad to hear that everybody is getting ready of the holiday season; our older daughter, son-in-law, and their kids are coming in tomorrow night. (My daughter's friends are coming in to visit their parents for Christmas and it is a great time for our daughter to catch up on "old times"). Hope that all of my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful Christmas. Todd, hope that you are feeling better. With all that has happened in these past couple of months, we should all "give thanks" for what is good about life.