Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Chill

It's Brr-cold this morning here in upper East Tennessee as it is in much of the Eastern and Central U.S. I think people who were wondering when winter was going to arrive have their answer.

Had a very pleasant Christmas with my Niece DeAnna and her husband in Clinton, Tn about 100 miles from here. Have been somewhat laid low by a cold since arriving home on Friday afternoon.

I'm scheduled to attend a big fund raiser dinner-dance tomorrow and after splurging on some dress clothes, I'm hoping I can make it.

I sincerely hope that Santa was good to all of you or that you received what you wanted over Hannukah. I'm kind of beyond the traditional gift stage and my treasure went to non-profits and those less fortunate than I this season.

Hope your football team either won or is going to win (unless, of course, you're rooting for one of my opposing teams ).

Please have a wonderful New Year's celebration and if necessary, please use a designated driver as that way, everyone arrives safe and sound.

Happy New Year to all and God Bless!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning Todd! And good morning to all of our cruisemates to follow. Houston has 29F where I am with partly cloudy skies and about a 10 knot wind from the northwest.

Todd, I am thrilled that you enjoyed Christmas. I am disappointed with Christmas only from the viewpoint that it is so commercialized now. I celebrate only for the reason for the season. I told DW to get whatever she wanted for herself and don't get a thing for me. Otherwise, things were quite nice.

Enjoy your day friends!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 30th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, we here in Nova Scotia are in the middle of a forecasted "major storm".
At the moment, it is snowing and blowing quite heavily, and we are expecting maybe 25- 40 cms of the stuff. Looks like it will be a "tuck in with a good book" kind of day!

Here's a pic my step-son took while he was here, of the 2 little monsters waiting to go out. Griffin is a Maltese-Poodle and Daffi is a Cocker Spaniel-Shi-Tzu. Aside from colour, they look very much alike!

donna
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Brownwood, Texas. I watched a beautiful sunrise this morning from our hotel window. It was a great start to the morning until I found out the coffee pot was dead. We travel with our own coffee mugs, so I went down stairs with it, and a shocking look.

I came back up stairs, and the pot was full of coffee from the room pot. I drank it, but then unplugged. I sure don't want to be in the news for burning down the hotel.

As soon as Jim gets here in about two hours, we are going to head down the road. Would like to be home by 12:00 to start watching the football games.

We went out to eat last night with some of Jim's friends who also made the trip. They mentioned that next week, instead of coming here, we were going to a place called Mineral Wells.

I had to come back to the room, to figure out where it was. It should be fun, and I love new places to visit for the weekend. Ladies, next to our hotel next week, is an outlet mall. Note to self, bring another suitcase.

I hope all of you had a good holiday. Take care today.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Well, I believe that thanks to a brain vacation, I will be back on "normal time". We had the family over for dinner and I cooked a roast, potatoes, carrots and made a cheesecake. Just as I was taking the roast out of the oven the brain went. I spent a while on the floor and after that I made gravy, sauced the carrots, sliced the meat and had dinner. I "heard" it was really good and that I ate more than my share but there are plenty of leftovers in the refrigerator. Once I ate I went to bed. That was around 6:00 p.m. and I slept until 6:00 a.m. this morning. Hopefully I will now be going to bed at a decent time and not waking up at 3:00 a.m.

Tomorrow we'll be heading north to my brother's lake place for New Years. We'll be going out for dinner and then going back to his place to ring in the New Year. A little fishing may also be on the agenda.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and a great New Years.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Admiral

I gotta' hand it to you Mike. You're the only person I know who can stop in the middle of taking up supper, take a nap and then upon waking, continue on as if it were the most natural thing in the world!

Luanne, I recall Mineral Wells being frequently referred to in Western Movies. I guess they just thought the name was cool because I know of nothing aside from the mineral water found there, that would attract Hollywood's frequent attention. Maybe all the cowboys used to go there, "For the cure" which I'm rather confident, was itself "Bottled in bond."
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Mineral Wells Texas is where my Dad went through basic training prior to being shipped over to England in 1942. He thought it was a "lovely" place.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. The cats got me out of bed for their food this cold morning and then went back to bed themselves this cold morning, as usual. I've been reading and playing on the computer while waiting for my daughter to wake up. I think the tree will come down today. We may have a Big Bang Theory marathon, too. Have a wonderful day all.
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

It looks like your average Texas town. A few mountains, or for those in the mountains, hills.

I was happy to read that they do have mineral wells, as apposed to us in Copperas Cove, where there is no copper, and the nearest cove is 30 miles away.

It is also 30 miles from Fort Worth, so it should take us about 3 hours to get there. That is looking at a lot of goats, horses, and emu's. on the way.

Michael, If you see this. Why is there no pigs in Texas?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Not much going on......

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Luanne, pigs are domesticated whereas the boars are feral. So, pigs are in Texas but they are penned and boars have freedom to root wherever they wish.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Chill

Sunday chill is right! So cold I didn't sleep well last night.

Some newscaster said he didn't envy camping out on Colorado Blvd tomorrow night. With temps in the 30's, I wouldn't want to suffer Pasadena's mean streets. I suppose that if you're a seasoned camper, it's no challenge. You would come prepared. They're not allowed to pick their spots til noon tomorrow. Keith and I used to drive down Colorado Blvd. to observe all the fun.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Default "baby its cold outside"

Hello from NY where it is freezing cold.